SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a god then!!!

Don't get your thinking there.

McLaren, although not anybody's choice under normal circumstances, would be an absolute revelation compared to some of the (realistic) names who will be applying.

Think Judan Ali, Peter Taylor and you'll be on the right lines.

I can say with a pretty certain level of confidence that we won't be appointing a Hughes or a Schuster.

Somebody like McLaren or Sven represents the top end of the list that we'll be currently working from.

• Moderation Lead

Don't get your thinking there.

McLaren, although not anybody's choice under normal circumstances, would be an absolute revelation compared to some of the (realistic) names who will be applying.

Think Judan Ali, Peter Taylor and you'll be on the right lines.

I can say with a pretty certain level of confidence that we won't be appointing a Hughes or a Schuster.

Somebody like McLaren or Sven represents the top end of the list that we'll be currently working from.

Indeed.

McLaren's clearly more sense than I gave him credit for!

i've had this conversation with a few Rovers fans , none of us really want Coyle or McClaren as manager , but ... conceded they both will probably be better than the guy who eventually does get it

In fact, based on the vital meet and greet this week (more vital than our next two vital fixtures) it makes me think that they have already selected their next manager.

It think you are reading too much into the meet and greet. I suspect that they don't have a clue what they are doing and that the meeting was just more pointless and clueless flailing around.

We won't get any credible manager in my view. Not while Shagnew and Shebby are making idiotic managment decisions against each other, the owners not having any idea about what's going on, and more importantly, not having a clue what to do about it. The club is now being ripped apart through the media - yet still no action has been taken with anyone... Nothing makes any sense and we can only put it down to pure stupidity and ignorance by the owners.

Therefore I'm not sure I even care who manages the players anymore, as whoever does do it doesn't stand a chance. Until the management/ board gets changed and people begin to work together properly, we're destined for League One - be it this year or next.

Talking of League One, I watch Yeovil Town and it pains me in one way to the fact that Rovers may be swapping places with them this year. I really never thought I'd ever see it, especially when you think where Yeovil have come from. This leads me to say that Gary Johnson would be a good shout as manager 'if' Rovers managed to sort out the upper hierachy somehow. Johnson, in my view, would be a much better candidate than say Robinson of MK Dons (whom Yeovil beat by the way). He can spot a good player, plays attractive attacting football plus engages with the fans honestly. He's something of a god down here...

Having said all of this, Yeovil give me a good escape from the current circus at Ewood Park - so I think I would rather he stayed where he is.....!

In fact, based on the vital meet and greet this week (more vital than our next two vital fixtures) it makes me think that they have already selected their next manager.

Oh at a guess, for purely footballing reason's Coyle will be showing up soon, that will get the training ground and player conveyor belt rocking again

I'm a little worried that has happened too.

Let's face it he fits their criteria:

1) malliable

2) fawning (madame? she's no madame)

3) cheap

Also his record is beginning to drop down to the standards that we are used to. Worried that this really may have a good chance of happening in light of recent events.

its my view.

Based on what though? What separates him from the hundreds/thousands of other coaches/managers/reserve managers up and down the country?

Views are good but you have to be able to explain why you think that with some reasoning.

Guest Norbert

No logic at all. Maybe a random blind man on a galloping horse will be appointed. Right I'll send my CV in this weekend, as I have as much chance of anyone else.

Archived