BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby County vs Blackburn Rovers Sunday 04/08 4pm kick off (Live on Sky)

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I'm saying is he has had twice the impact that Rhodes has done up till now yet after the match people will say best was crap and Rhodes had nothing to work with

I know Rhodes is a million miles more likely to score but on merit and today's performance Best doesn't deserve the stick he is getting in my opinion

yessssssssssssss!

Yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best - load of crap

Best!

Perfect timing Tom! ^_^

• Backroom

Happy to take a draw out of this one tbh. There are some glaring problems in the team though which badly need to be addressed.

We've said it every year for about 8 years but now it's worse than ever, CENTRAL MIDFIELD. If Lowe and Marrow is our first choice pairing we are screwed. Neither are good enough for the first team and together they are atrocious. We need far far better than they have to offer on a regular basis. King was also terrible and cannot be played in the first team week in week out if we're going to progress.

Fairly impressed with Spurr, very disappointing that Ruben got injured. Rhodes was mostly anonymous today but should have gained us a penalty and was unlucky not to score with a header from a corner. Judge had a decent overall performance, nothing spectacular but did a job and had good enthusiasm.

There isn't a massive amount wrong with the team, but unless we sort the middle out we're going to struggle. Kane also needs to be told to reign it in and play it simple. Our defence as a whole would do well to remember this. They aren't good enough to play fancy out from the back.

We simply must start with Cairney in the next match, he looked composed on the ball and did more than Lowe and Marrow combined!

I said it before I believe Cairney and Evans will be our starting midfield pairing, stick Taylor on the wing and we are some way to becoming a decent side.

Very pleased with the performance, we will get better and our fitness is certainly better than the last two years.

1-1 is a good result for an away game, though I think we were the better team.

Unlucky Rochina's injury but it may be a blessing in disguise as it will force the squad to adapt, which is not a bad thing at all.

And we look to be more attacking and defensively more solid than last season. Amazingly we were a threat both halves, which is a nice change. All said, Gary Bowyer has again shown he's the man for the job.

So I'm very happy and think we'll do much better this season as compared to last.

Archived