BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby County vs Blackburn Rovers Sunday 04/08 4pm kick off (Live on Sky)

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

On Rochina I thought his decision making the majority of the time was really bad and his final output lacking but we look more dangerous for having him on the pitch and he scares defenders with his presence and running

However Leon Best has a chance now to make the place his, he needed that goal as he seems to have the fans on his back a bit.

I'd be tempted to play both Best and Rhodes together for an hour on Wednesday to get them working together

Leon Best was excellent as a sub, think he's got too much stick today. Thought he created his own chances, was powerful, won headers, showed strength and good hold up play. Excellent goal.

Spurr was rock solid at left back, Judge was a bright spark and Taylor showed good invention when he came on, great cross for Best. Hanley is a top class Championship centre back.

As people have said, the central midfield was dire, Rhodes was quiet, Kane was all over the place and King is awful.

I would love this team to be our first choice:

Kean

Kane Hanley Kilgallon Spurr

Taylor Williamson Evans Judge

Best Rhodes

When fit, Rochina and Campbell could compete with Best, whilst the likes of Dunn, Cairney, Henley, Dann and Nunes are good options.

two hour delay on the match here in Australia so only just finished watching.

sorry but cant see how you can place King under the title of awful when iv just watched a woeful performance from Marrow and Lowe...

Marrow is just @#/?, a @#/? waste of time and pure @#/? and Lowe was right up there today trailing behind with one less @#/?!

Spurr looked solid throughout, could be a fantastic signing

Judge was MOM for me, looked good

Cairney looked promising was trying to get the ball forward at every opportunity, if we can get him and Evans playing in the same center two then we might look decent there.

Best, as frustrating as he is, he did some good things tonight and that goal was fantastic

Hope Ruben is back for next week as he looked threatening , he's recently posted a picture of himself in a sling giving a peace sign so hopefully nothing to serious.

Everyone else just played there parts i guess but on the whole looked like a positive start.

Onwards & Upwards

COYB!!

I think the most important thing to come out of today was that the team looked well-disciplined and physically fit. I thought Best on for Rochina was a bad move, and that opinion was justified until Taylor & Cairney came on to inject some creativity into midfield. As stated, Lowe & Marrow did an industrious job guarding the back four, until Rochina was injured, and the two of them were expected to press forward. That's when the wheels came off.

Best took his goal well and definitely improved on his first-half performance where he got booked and did little else. It would be valuable to have someone else apart from Rhodes to rely on for the goals, but the jury's still out on the guy. He's never been prolific and he's always one twinge away from a spell on the sidelines. Rhodes was practically anonymous besides his header in the first half and a couple of penalty shouts in the second.

On another note, that blonde-haired, 18 year old of Derby County who goes by the name of Will Hughes is a fantastic prospect.

Keep your eyes on him. I hope he's English and not Welsh (with a name like Hughes).

I actually feel a strange sense of pride after todays performance. Judge is a great signing. Spurr was great too. Hanley was very assured and despite a lack of technical ability I thought even Marrow and Lowe had their moments. There was even a little tiff between the two sides right before we scored. Always a good sign that imo. Apart from a twenty minute spell we were easily the better side. I really enjoyed the match and that feels very very strange.

55% possession away from home with a load of new players! Absolutely grafted their arses off and FULLY deserves at least a point...it may be a little early yet but I think we may just have our Rovers back!!

Strangely optimistic after today even with just a point.

Who knows where a young team can go but we must give it time, and more over give Bowyer time.

Evertime I see Taylor I keep thinking of David Fairclough

i know what you mean. I likened him to kevin stonehouse the other week

On another note, that blonde-haired, 18 year old of Derby County who goes by the name of Will Hughes is a fantastic prospect.

Keep your eyes on him. I hope he's English and not Welsh (with a name like Hughes).

Wiki says he's English, born in Surrey but raised in Derby since he was two.

my overall impression.

Very good point away from home looked as comfortable at times as we havedone in the last 2 seasons.

Judge n Spurr really really good !

Kane looked dodgy but he will come good i have faith.

King is not the man for right wing have to start taylor on the right next weekend

Kean

Kane , Hanley , Dann , Spurr

Taylor, Cairney, Lowe/Marrow, Judge

Best, Rhodes

thats next weeks starting XI

cant wait for ruben to get back to fitness but i still found myself shouting at him to pass the @#/? ball !!

Anybody else think half the reason Todd Kane was poor today was he had king in front of him?spurr always had an option in Judge even when Kane nearly gave it away in our box he looked for King who was not there so turned in again although he shoud hav hit row z

I haven't seen the energy for ages. Can't feel ill when thinking about Etuhu and Murphy arse around picking up nightmare high wages when Marrow and Lowe provided energy in the middle. With Corry Evans later in the team we will have 4 Young hungry central midfelders and a returning Williamsson.

Competition for Places and 3 Points against Forest next.

Based on the way we played at the start and then when Best came on what is the point in starting with Rhodes?

We either play to his strengths or sell him, a Grant Holt style striker would be ideal for our system.

On a side note how old was our oldest player? 27?we must have one of the youngest teams in the division.

Based on the way we played at the start and then when Best came on what is the point in starting with Rhodes?

We either play to his strengths or sell him, a Grant Holt style striker would be ideal for our system.

On a side note how old was our oldest player? 27?we must have one of the youngest teams in the division.

What is the point of starting with the league's highest scoring striker? Behave.

Pleased with today's showing, a vast improvement on last season.

+

Rochina was a different class. If he hadn't gone off I reckon we would have won that game reasonably comfortably. Yes his decision making isn't brilliant but with his talent he'll do enough to win us plenty of games.

Also mentions for Spurr, Judge, Taylor, Hanley and Kean.

-

Lowe was the worst player on the pitch shortly followed by Kane. Kane was decent last season so I'll give him the benefit but Lowe offers nothing. Marrow was pointless and his handball was ridiculous. The two Hull lads should be nailed on starters after today. King was also abysmal.

Will Hughes was very impressive and will go on to big things. Derby in general were poor and I dont see them being top half come May. We should be beating these sorts of teams and its good to see that we were all over them for most of the game.

Very encouraging.

I thoroughly enjoyed the match and thought for 70 minutes we totally bossed the game as if we were at home.

Apologies for the keenesque phraseology but there were lots of positives to be taken from today's game IMO.

Spurr looked comfortable and assured at left back, Judge was outstanding, Todd Kane also looked good, Marrow I guess the jury's out.

With the addition of a quality midfield playmaker to the squad who can manage 90 minutes twice a week, I'll stick my neck on the line and predict we'll go up this season.

Edit, that is assuming the idiots don't decide to revisit!!!

What is the point of starting with the league's highest scoring striker? Behave.

Pleased with today's showing, a vast improvement on last season.

+

Rochina was a different class. If he hadn't gone off I reckon we would have won that game reasonably comfortably. Yes his decision making isn't brilliant but with his talent he'll do enough to win us plenty of games.

Also mentions for Spurr, Judge, Taylor, Hanley and Kean.

-

Lowe was the worst player on the pitch shortly followed by Kane. Kane was decent last season so I'll give him the benefit but Lowe offers nothing. Marrow was pointless and his handball was ridiculous. The two Hull lads should be nailed on starters after today. King was also abysmal.

Will Hughes was very impressive and will go on to big things. Derby in general were poor and I dont see them being top half come May. We should be beating these sorts of teams and its good to see that we were all over them for most of the game.

Very encouraging.

Derby at Pride Park are one of the toughest teams to play. They are a bit like Fulham of the championship; exceptional at home but awful away.

Makes todays performance and last minute equaliser even more impressive.

I thoroughly enjoyed the match and thought for 70 minutes we totally bossed the game as if we were at home.

Apologies for the keenesque phraseology but there were lots of positives to be taken from today's game IMO.

Spurr looked comfortable and assured at left back, Judge was outstanding, Todd Kane also looked good, Marrow I guess the jury's out.

With the addition of a quality midfield playmaker to the squad who can manage 90 minutes twice a week, I'll stick my neck on the line and predict we'll go up this season.

Edit, that is assuming the idiots don't decide to revisit!!!

McLean would be good and would certainly make us a very good team. Wouldn't be surprised if we snapped up bannan late on in the window either tbh.

Caught most of the match and pleasantly surprised.

Good commitment and well organised.

Bigger tests ahead, like Forest on Saturday, but things looking more promising than for some time.

Shame about Rochina - don't know who Rovers use for upper limb injuries but Funk at Bridgewater, Manchester is as good as you get.

Well done GB.

Just re-watched the match and Matrow was actually decent you know in respect of breaking the game up...

Tommy Spurr could be a potentially brilliant solid left back for us...

Judge was very tidy on the ball and worked tirelessly and Taylor was very effective when he came on.

Don't wanna bash Lowe anymore but he is very very uncomfortable in possession and for a def mid doesn't really like a tackle! Marrows tacking was decent tonight...

If our mid is to be Taylor, Evans, Cairney, Judge with Lowe, Marrow, Dunn, king and Nunes on the bench I think we might just do ok this season..

Not long got back.

Other than maybe Barnsley & Peterborough away last season, it's not far off our best away performance for a long, long time. Created chance after chance & could have won 2 or 3 games!

The right team set up today. Away from home, you have to play a couple of defensive minded midfielders and, with what we had available, Lowe & Marrow was right. When Evans is fit, we'll see a difference I'm sure. I'd also defend Lowe to a certain degree. Now we have a more attacking set up & a quality player to come in with Corry Evans, Lowe will be an unsung hero. I watched him a lot from the stands & his workrate and understanding of the game is very good. He lets the more creative minds get on with it & does much of their dirty work which goes unnoticed. We'll be a worse team with Lowe on the bench. (cue the abuse).

I've been building Taylor & Judge up in pre season so glad they both delivered too. And as for Tommy Spurr, he's already a firm favourite.

Quite easily summed up for me:

Last season - no creativity, long ball constantly, limited chances, unfit & tired, lost every 2nd ball
Today under Bowyer - plenty of creativity with Judge & Rochina (Cairney when introduced), more of a passing game although felt we should have hoofed it clear at times, created loads of chances, got stronger as game went on (no fitness issues), first to many loose balls.

Enjoyed the day, good atmosphere in the away end & not felt this positive for a good while.

Wednesday cannot come quick enough.

Archived