SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Victor Zapata-Caceido

neophox

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Another Carlos Kickaball ? I thought we'd learnt our lessons with them.

Yeah we decided we would never want another Tugay or Friedel here again

you do like to call people racist for the dumbest of reasons(and it doesn't seem like your kidding), that said jim Mk does come out with some shizer.

Examples, plz?

Also, all jokes aside, the term "Carlos Kickaball" does carry some racist undertones.

How does one define a Carlos Kickaball? I assume it's a foreign footballer who's not very good and a bit of a mercenary? Well there's plenty of crap English footballers who have stolen a living over the years. Do we have an ethnic slur for them, too?

Examples, plz?

Also, all jokes aside, the term "Carlos Kickaball" does carry some racist undertones.

How does one define a Carlos Kickaball? I assume it's a foreign footballer who's not very good and a bit of a mercenary? Well there's plenty of crap English footballers who have stolen a living over the years. Do we have an ethnic slur for them, too?

We just called him Danny Murphy.

As an aside I am amazed that I still see people, on either here, twitter or facebook that feel that Goodwillie could be a good player for us. Absolute kean.

I, for one, have been thinking that Goodwillie should be brought back to partner Rhodes up front.

This is not a wind-up. Best is awful, DJ is not match-fit and, besides, he didn't impress me last season on loan. So...................... bring back Goodwillie.

What happened to Zapata? Isn't a zapata a shoe?

I, for one, have been thinking that Goodwillie should be brought back to partner Rhodes up front.

This is not a wind-up. Best is awful, DJ is not match-fit and, besides, he didn't impress me last season on loan. So...................... bring back Goodwillie.

Zapato is the Spanish word for shoe

Examples, plz?

I find it staggering that anyone actually believes this term racist. Sadly, after the Hodgson incident it shows just how paranoid some people have become. The term was, I believe, first used by Alan Sugar when he was selling his interest in Tottenham. He was arguing that the Premier League was becoming a four or five horse race and that clubs were spending way beyond their means on following the fashion of bringing in average foreign players at high wages which would result in clubs getting in financial difficulties. He was arguing for a system to be brought in which would limit the amount of money that clubs could spend - over a decade before the introduction of the FFP rules. Clearly a man of vision.

What makes you say that though? He looked appalling for us, his goal record is poor and he has no other redeeming features; he is slow, he isn't good in the air, he isn't technically particularly good, his football brain is limited and he isn't strong, plus his levels of personal fitness were terrible. Maybe a case again of someone becoming better when out of the team.

Rhodes has the ability to score an incredible amount of goals. I personally think having 2 up front leaves us outnumbered in midfield, leading to a more direct style which means Rhodes struggles. How would Goodwillie help this? I would play Dunn off Rhodes, if not him then Rochina, if not him then Judge.

I find it staggering that anyone actually believes this term racist. Sadly, after the Hodgson incident it shows just how paranoid some people have become. The term was, I believe, first used by Alan Sugar when he was selling his interest in Tottenham. He was arguing that the Premier League was becoming a four or five horse race and that clubs were spending way beyond their means on following the fashion of bringing in average foreign players at high wages which would result in clubs getting in financial difficulties. He was arguing for a system to be brought in which would limit the amount of money that clubs could spend - over a decade before the introduction of the FFP rules. Clearly a man of vision.

And subsequently he turned down Dennis Bergkamp for Chris Armstrong. What a visionary. :tu:

I couldn't care less what argument he was trying to make. He could've articulated it without using an obviously xenophobic and derogatory expression. I cringe everytime I read it.

What makes you say that though? He looked appalling for us, his goal record is poor and he has no other redeeming features; he is slow, he isn't good in the air, he isn't technically particularly good, his football brain is limited and he isn't strong, plus his levels of personal fitness were terrible. Maybe a case again of someone becoming better when out of the team.

Rhodes has the ability to score an incredible amount of goals. I personally think having 2 up front leaves us outnumbered in midfield, leading to a more direct style which means Rhodes struggles. How would Goodwillie help this? I would play Dunn off Rhodes, if not him then Rochina, if not him then Judge.

Who else can we play up front? Dunn and Rochina are injured. DJ may be the answer. There's no-one else.

Some of your comments about Goodwillie can be equally applied to Rhodes. "he is slow, he isn't technically particularly good, he isn't strong".

When Goodwillie last played for us he had a great game, put in a lot of effort and GB was delighted with his performance.

GB obviously thought before the start of the season that Goodwillie was so far down the pecking order (behind Rhodes, Best, Rochina and Campbell) that he should send him out on loan.

We'll see if Campbell can make his mark.

Archived