BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's

Somebody somewhere would have bought us. There was other interest over the time we were for sale. whether they would have been better, worse, the same is another argument. These lot got the gig because they were the first to plonk the cash on the table without too many questions (due to 'the plan' no doubt) Also because this particular deal suited ALL parties (££££) involved.

I am sure people were interested. I would be interested.

These other interested parties had years to put a bid together but didn't - they didn't just miss out because venkys were quick with their bid.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am with you on this Preston Blue

So lets get this right.... they appoint a Director Of Comms because they want to build bridges with the fans. Then they turn up unannounced to meet the queen without any communication whatsoever (even from the Everton fan) and expect us to respect what they trying to do !!!

If they go without attending the game tomorrow that confirms to the world that their whole thing is a sham and the Director of Comms might as well pack his bags and go now because his cred is down the pan . Building bridges????

These are classless morons and despite their alleged financial support it is all because of the problem they created for themselves in the first place. I hate these people with a passion and those that think we have any future with these nobs owning us really want to get a grip. We don't matter one iota to them. Its a plaything that they pick up and toss away again any time they fancy.

Its an insult to us all.

Stop being babyhouse. Why on earth would they have publicised their attendance? TV and press pics would look well with em meeting the Queen with a bunch of yobs chanting 'Venkys out' and hitting Her Majesty with a water bomb or similar in the event of no convenient snow to hand wouldn't it? I'm sure that security would have advised no publicity and I'm rather surprised to find anyone needing that explaining.

I'd much rather have them out of the club and us in the conference than have them running up millions of pounds worth of debt and then running away.

The club can't start to recover until confused of Pune have sodded off back to Pune.

Too late was the cry!

btw I wouldn't. Ewood Park and Brockhall et al couldn't survive on Conference income. Ewood would become houses most probably and Brockhall would have to be sold off too. Once that happens there would be no way back.

It's very easy to stamp a foot and have a hissy fit isn't it Gav? Unfortunately reallity bites deep.

I am sure people were interested. I would be interested.

These other interested parties had years to put a bid together but didn't - they didn't just miss out because venkys were quick with their bid.

I said others were interested OVER the time, some were jokers, some serious but deemed unsuitable etc. They were in no rush to sell at the beginning, preferring to try and find so called suitable buyers at first until they got desperate. The club was overpriced at first until they sold some assets and when you think about it 4 yrs isn't really a long time to sell a huge going concern such as a Prem football club. From deciding to sell to overcoming legal issues regarding Jacks wishes to trying to get the best price, checking out interested parties, sorting the wheat from the chaff etc. Everything takes a huge amount of time. It's not as if there was an advert in exchange and mart for 4 years and the only people to pitch up eventually were the Venkys ffs!

• Backroom

I'm another that prefers this existence to not existing as a club at all (which to me seems to only likely alternative)

Therefore I just accept that they sadly are now a necessary evil, doesn't mean we have to like them but like it or not we do need them IMO

I had a feeling you might feel the urge to do that. Where've you been hiding, Mr G?

Why did they bother travelling back to meet the Queen and not stay for a match a day later?

They have just stuck up two fingers to all Rovers fans, and simultaneously squatted-and-evacuated over the heads of people, like Ewood Spark, who defend them.

The invites came from the palace last year. However, everybody at the club and at the cathedral was under orders from the Royal protection detail (Special Branch) not to talk about it until the palace made the announcement (30 days ago).

They did want to stay and they did try to re-arrange meetings around the game. However some deals had to be completed before the Easter weekend so they couldn't attend Ewood for the Yeovil game.

I don't understand how they've insulted anybody? They helped pay for much of the repairs to the cathedral (Out of their own pockets) and helped put Blackburn in a good light with everybody who saw the Queen attend the town on the news.

They cannot attend tomorrow because they have other commitments (like many fans).

Are you insulted that they cannot attend because they're busy making deals which will bring in the cash to keep the club going? Or are you just disappointed you won't get the chance to shout obsenities at them in front of kids like some idiots did last time?

The invites came from the palace last year. However, everybody at the club and at the cathedral was under orders from the Royal protection detail (Special Branch) not to talk about it until the palace made the announcement (30 days ago).

They did want to stay and they did try to re-arrange meetings around the game. However some deals had to be completed before the Easter weekend so they couldn't attend Ewood for the Yeovil game.

I don't understand how they've insulted anybody? They helped pay for much of the repairs to the cathedral (Out of their own pockets) and helped put Blackburn in a good light with everybody who saw the Queen attend the town on the news.

They cannot attend tomorrow because they have other commitments (like many fans).

Are you insulted that they cannot attend because they're busy making deals which will bring in the cash to keep the club going? Or are you just disappointed you won't get the chance to shout obsenities at them in front of kids like some idiots did last time?

Shouting obscenities? The deserve far more than that. But no, if you knew me you'd know that's not my style.

Why can't they issue a statement acknowledging why the fans are angry (still) and explain their intentions for the future? If an apology is likely to be, one, insincere and, two, too little too late then this would be the next best thing, (although if they had anything about them, and actually cared, they would apologise anyway) instead of letting us wait for the accounts to be published and the fans making our own minds up. The benevolence v stupidity public opinion (not just Rovers fans) swingometer is... well, let's just say ignorance is bliss. (Which would explain a lot actually).

To insinuate that they are hurt because of the fans' reaction is akin to trying to justify Putin being hurt by the reaction of Ukranians. Well 1% of them.

You've clearly been lurking on here, you must know exactly how the fans feel. Even their biggest supporters do so because they think we are stuck with them. Have you not explained this to Madame? Or are the entire family in perpetual uncancellable business meetings (except when there is an opportunity to get a photo with a foreign dignitary for their wall)? Odd that when they were told last year about the Queen's visit, they didn't think to plan for any of them to stay for the Yeovil game - which was originally published for Saturday. I guess their other meetings are simply more important. Doesn't their chicken factory run itself these days? I'd be amazed if it is being kept solvent due to their decision making skills.

Trust me though, XX Xxxx, Rovers fans are hurting more than the Raos, and you more than most know full well why, so drop the Münchausen by proxy act.

By the way 1: The Raos do realise that 'the fans' means 'Rovers fans', and not 'Rao fans', don't they?

By the way 2: Better tell the Raos to enjoy their moment, because when King Charles steps up, they are unlikely to get a look in. God save us if the Raos are still neglecting their baby by then. God save us if they aren't. (Can't you see the Catch-22?)

Personally I'm not insulted but I do feel it was very unwise, insensitive and insulting to the town.

Rovers is at the heart of the community, a major employer, matchday used to bring much needed revenue to the area, PL status put the town in front of a global audience, is an institution which binds us all together and plays an important role in the lives of many people.

The Raos successfully plunged the club into debt, brought public ridicule on us, relegation, lost jobs, reduced local income, etc. etc.

I doubt HM is aware of this and the Raos will have been introduced appropriately as the proud owners blah, blah.

So I'd argue this visit hosted by the Raos is an insult to the town and it's people and this family have no right to any respect or welcome in our community. Whoever thought it a good idea should be held to account.

Do we know they funded the cathedral repairs? I only ask because two other generous actions failed to materialise. Balaji offered to pay the travel costs for a number of fans who went to Pune. I also recall Shabby Singh trumpeting the great deeds the Rao family would do by providing medical help to someone in need which I think then changed to medical equipment.

If those things actually happened, and to be frank I think it was just more lies from people incapable if recognising or telling the truth, it would have been front page of the LT.

Let's not kid ourselves..........

They have caused more damage to an institution far better known throughout the world than Blackburn Cathedral. Their ineptitude has caused damage to the local economy and the ramifications of their gross stupidity makes many of us fear for the club's future. But roll out the red carpet, the imbeciles are in town. They have taken the @#/? out of Blackburn and it's good people for three years and yesterday was for their gain, nobody else's. And still people defend them. Unbelievable.

So they had 1 year to blank out a day in their diaries to meet the queen but not enough time to do the same for the following day , brilliant!

Perhaps the Raos and Desais feel that by donating to the cathedral ( didn't the well known con man Ali Sayed do the same) they get good karma points to offset their and their "just like a family member" destruction of another institution of the town.

Certainly buying favor is a lot easier than making a formal apology to the people of the town and the clubs supporters that they were either conned or were involved knowingly in events since November 2010,

Strange really If it was me I would be taking legal action against those who apparently conned me if I had no knowing part in it or had not entered into any contract that allowed things to happen.

I would certainly have sacked a Director who had gone rogue(as mentioned in a court of law) and who I had described as cheating me in a email, but as we have seen since Nov 2010 anything you do to help further destroy the club or serve your self interest's is rewarded by the family, certainly makes you wonder doesn't it.

Anyway Mr Meerkat as there been any visits recently from Middle Eastern looking gentlemen at Venky's HQ to give us a ray of hope,

PS. Can you get Mrs D to explain why we will not be in the Premiership top 6 and not in Europe next year as I seem to recall the time frame for this was 2015 after she had become an expert on how easy it was to achieve these goals (obviously with a little help from a just like family member). If she is unavailable (I appreciate making dates in diaries is not a strong point of the family) perhaps Balaji or the confused one can do it

I think it was a catch 22. Stay for the game and create a hostile environment when the team are at last chance saloon for the play off's or this ridiculous notion that they have insulted rovers fans by not doing so. Damned if they do etc....

Personally, I go with the ' better with for now ' argument as without a credible alternative, there is no club.

They have caused more damage to an institution far better known throughout the world than Blackburn Cathedral. Their ineptitude has caused damage to the local economy and the ramifications of their gross stupidity makes many of us fear for the club's future. But roll out the red carpet, the imbeciles are in town. They have taken the @#/? out of Blackburn and it's good people for three years and yesterday was for their gain, nobody else's. And still people defend them. Unbelievable.

"Sergei" is not "people", in that he isn't a Rovers fan, arbitro.

Who the f are you calling idiots ?????

The ones who were shouting at them are fans who care sbout our club unlike the owd hag and the fat arsed long haired greasy headed pillock .

Us idiots are life long fans and have a history of supporting the club from more or less the start of it's history. .

How DARE you , you arrogant venky puppet slag fans off who care about the club . The morons couldn't even attend one game and it proved yesterday that alls the lunes from Pune are interested in is publicity. ,

Please tell me why those idiots and egotistic slum dog millionaires actually deserved an audience with the Queen? There are more people in Lancashire who deserve that honour than those idiots .

Mods is calling us fans not a personal attack ? If not just going to make a mental note that calling people idiots is ok.

Who is he Stuart? He's not MG Road in disguise is he?

100% correct !!!!

Slave of the lunes from pune

Who the f are you calling idiots ?????

The ones who were shouting at them are fans who care sbout our club unlike the owd hag and the fat arsed long haired greasy headed pillock .

Us idiots are life long fans and have a history of supporting the club from more or less the start of it's history. .

How DARE you , you arrogant venky puppet slag fans off who care about the club . The morons couldn't even attend one game and it proved yesterday that alls the lunes from Pune are interested in is publicity. ,

Please tell me why those idiots and egotistic slum dog millionaires actually deserved an audience with the Queen? There are more people in Lancashire who deserve that honour than those idiots .

Mods is calling us fans not a personal attack ? If not just going to make a mental note that calling people idiots is ok.

100% correct !!!!

Slave of the lunes from pune

That was a mild response!!

It is a good job the Poonatics are not at Ewood today. They are not wanted.

I'm fuming at what that venky spokesman has said about fans who care and that those tosspots just roll in and out for the queen but can't arrange to attend a match for a club they own . Not only do the scumbags thinks fans are idiots but also lowlife fools .

Just wondering could the fans he's calling idiots actually sue this fella ?

Just wondering could the fans he's calling idiots actually sue this fella ?

I doubt it Abbey but if by chance they can then watch out.... "the owd hag and the fat arsed long haired greasy headed pillock" might have their day in court with you. ^_^

Lots of animosity on here. Not totally undeserved either cos when the Indians came they listened to the wrong advice, ignored any from respected sources and as a result they and the club have been 'royally' rogered. BUT as it's Good Friday I'll quote Jesus "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" . Have none of us ever goofed up? I'm sure we all have the problem is that theirs is a bigger goof and a visible goof that affects us all.

Of late they have showed signs of acceptance of this and are advisedly staying away (as opposed to walking away) and leaving the club to be run by people who appear to have reverted to basics, they appear to have arrested the tailspin and on the face of it have the best interests of the club at heart. It's not perfect of course but it's an improvement. Other clubs with 'Carlos Ownaclubs' in charge have witnessed them pull up stumps and disappear over the horizon at the first hint of trouble haven't they?

So all you big girls blouses who are all puffed up in outrage at the Queens visit and will have me down as some sort of apologist just remember when they turned up and plotted a course for the iceberg I was one of the first to object. Down in the concourse sulking whilst plenty on here were cheering and clapping in excitement and adulation before that Villa game and for long enough afterwards. Blinded by the glamour and glitz of being owned by rich foreigners whilst I was desolate. Now that we have hit the ice, the ship has been seriously holed beneath the water and we are having to bale like mad with tea spoons and egg cups to avoid sinking is it wise to throw the only people with buckets over the side?

Whats done is done and no one can change anything about that. We can affect the future.

Archived