BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Leicester City - Sat 22nd March KO - 3pm

So after a life affirming win over in the dark county, Rovers welcome the high flying Foxes to Ewood.

Pretty impressive record they have too - P35 - W25 D5 L5 - away record only - P17 W11 D2 L4, GD +35 Pts 80.

In Nugent and Vardy they have a very effective strike force, both of whom are sitting pretty in the scoring stakes, with 19 & 15 respectively in the league.

They are full of confidence, and will obviously be a handful.

We are a mere 31 points behind them......surely they won't be as generous as Huddersfield were. However we do like to up our game against the better teams (see later post, no not really this season! Ignore!), and heaven to Betsy we can't give another performance like we did against Bournemouth, can we?

No up to date news on fitness, other than Rudy should be ok, Lowe touch and go.....where is Tom C on the comeback trail? Hanley?

It would be good to see Tom back, we miss his endeavour [at least if played in the right position, and for at least 70-80 minutes before he tires!].

It would be good to have a near full strength team, ankles permitting, for a change, and really give them a game.

We have given them an initial allocation of 3725....no doubt they will bring a few, although they play the Dingles at the Dingldome seven days later, so they may see that as the crucial game to win against their nearest rivals and to go up as champions.

So boys & girls, a sneaky win, coming out 2-1, after they are reduced to 10 men when JR is brought down as the last man!

It would be a boost to beat the champions elect, get the place buzzing again after two miserable home games.

COYB's

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this one - hoping at least our performance banishes the memories of our poor display against Bournemouth.

From what I have seen of Leicester they are frighteningly quick at getting forward.

I think our best form of defence is to go for it and attack. If we can get periods of the game pressing in and around their box then Rhodes will have chances - and he doesn't need too many of them to score.

If we plan to sit back and leave Rhodes isolated a long way from support and their goal then I would like Bowyer to let me know in advance so I can avoid a lot of wasted driving.

We'll be naturally forced back in this one with Leicesters passing game so it may actually suit us. GB tactics constantly cause problems at home when the onus is on us to press and attack but in this one they'll go for it so we'll be on the counter. Think we will turn in a decent performance now it's too late.

2-2 Evans, Rhodes

16,102 (3200 Foxes)

• Backroom

Think we will win this and relatively comfortably

They are up already and we tend to get a couple of wins on the spin when we win one

Can't understand how Leicester are running away with the League so easily as I don't regard them as anything out of the ordinary other than being well organised and hard working. Perhaps I'm guilty of judging them by Premiership standards.

Anyhow, a repeat of the performance for the first 60 minutes against Burnley would stand us in good stead - with an extra 30 minutes on top. If we perform our usual disappearing into our shell trick in the final third of the game it will surely spell defeat.

Will GB realise when he has stumbled onto a good thing by accident and keep Lowe at RB? I'm not holding my breath but a win on Saturday followed by maybe another two might see us back in with an outside squeak of the play offs.

*Alarm clock goes off*

In any event there's no point being negative or playing for a point. We need to go all out to try and win every game between now and the end of the season and see where it takes us.

In any event there's no point being negative or playing for a point. We need to go all out to try and win every game between now and the end of the season and see where it takes us.

It would be good to see us look to play more as the season closes. but having seen Sam do the same and then revert back to type at the start of the following season, I'll be waiting to see how we start next season.

I do talk rollocks at times, well spotted, we are absolutely average......this season against the current teams above us read like this:

W1 (reading away)

D5

L7

We're going to lose lol

ha ha, and we wonder why we aren't higher up the league.

I hope Rovers give a good display with plenty of effort. I'm not forecasting a result.

I just hope we can applaud our boys off the field at the end regardless of the result.

Leicester are rubbish like all the other teams in this division ^_^

We should win this one if we finally decide to start playing some football - surely it's got to happen soon, as apart from an hour against Burnley I wouldn't even call our lot footballers. The home games I've seen since December have all been quite shocking, even for Championship level; but that's stability for you :blink:

Bloody hell DMTP !! Why so full of Taylor???

An honest player I agree but bang average, no real pace, not really a creative type and hardly known for his goals. Other than that......

Signing players like him and more recently his Millwall mate plus the likes of Marrow, Judge, Dabo, Songo ,Varney were only ever going to see us in mid table at best.

Archived