BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England World Cup Squad.

bravo_2.gif

I'd hate for that call that gave England a PK in a final but they are saying it is a good call.

Bronze, 3rd place, pretty good considering this is their best World Cup ever, beating the Germans who have won 2 World Cups. Can't help but think they could have done better, meaning that unfortunate o.g. versus Japan.

Definite foul, stupid defending by Germany.

Well done to the girls, much more likeable than their male counterparts.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I was getting ahead of myself earlier and checked what our Easter fixtures were. To my disgust I found there are no Premier League or Championship fixtures due to Internationals. I might be wrong but I think the majority of fans in England would take club over country and will share my disappointment.

I'm just disillusioned with all football. For all international footballers are in most cases over paid egotistical pricks I'm sure events at rovers are the catalyst for not only falling out of love with the game but at times hating it. Either way I just go through the motions watching it with little passion left.

I think I've been to 7 countries watching England and all over the country/Europe watching rovers but at this moment in time if either team was playing in my garden if draw the curtains.

I'm just disillusioned with all football. For all international footballers are in most cases over paid egotistical pricks I'm sure events at rovers are the catalyst for not only falling out of love with the game but at times hating it. Either way I just go through the motions watching it with little passion left.

I think I've been to 7 countries watching England and all over the country/Europe watching rovers but at this moment in time if either team was playing in my garden if draw the curtains.

Corruption, poor development opportunities for home-grown players, a poor side. There is little to enjoy when it comes to England. I can't believe the likes of Jamie Vardy get game time at international level. As for Rovers, I'm certainly disillusioned and I know plenty others are.

• Backroom

I got a chuckle out of the commentator noting San Marino's 39 year old top goalscorer hadn't scored in an international for 7 years.

How the hell are they even allowed to play at this level of international football? Most towns in the UK have a higher population than San Marino for goodness sake.

Bobby Charlton could still score against San Marino today.

And why Rooneys is near to breaking his record. Such a shame it had to be by such a cock who needed all these minion teams to bolster his tally. When he is needed at major tournaments for both club and country he's suspiciously awol. World class, my ass.

• Moderation Lead

He hasn't done so well in World Cups, but has always done well enough in the Euros.

I still maintain he deserves more respect off England fans. Not world class by any stretch, but a key player nonetheless.

• Backroom

For some reason Rooney gets far more stick than the likes of Lampard and Gerrard, even though imo the latter pair were useless in multiple tournaments and never worked well together.

Rooney's problem is that he wants to do too much on the pitch. He tries to be everywhere rather than focusing on a specific position, and he looks like a lesser player as a result.

He hasn't done so well in World Cups, but has always done well enough in the Euros.

I still maintain he deserves more respect off England fans. Not world class by any stretch, but a key player nonetheless.

Way over rated Scouse Chav.

Rooney's problem is that he wants to do too much on the pitch. He tries to be everywhere rather than focusing on a specific position, and he looks like a lesser player as a result.

Yet Rovers fans criticise Rhodes for doing the exact opposite.

Still, when you score as many goals as Rooney has for his country he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

On the game itself, it's about as dull a 6-0 win as you will ever see. England were awful for most of the match.

Way over rated Scouse Chav.

There is something deeply ironic about people banging on about how "classless" a player or celebrity is using language like this. I doubt Rooney spends his time on internet message boards calling people chavs...

Anyhow, while he's no great, if you average it out he's been England's best player for the last ten years. If we didnt have him we'd be much worse off.

Has anyone got the all time england "finals only" (ie only counts goals scored in the final tournament, not friendlies or qualifiers) top scorer list.

Lineker must head that right?

Anyhow, while he's no great, if you average it out he's been England's best player for the last ten years. If we didnt have him we'd be much worse off.

Would we? I'd wager we would have qualified and then bombed at every tournament since after 2004 with or without him.

Except the tournament we didn't qualify with him anyway obviously.

Archived