BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Finished 3-1 to Rovers, who go top of the table.

I didn't see the whole game. Nolan came on as a second half sub for Evans and I thought he looked very neat and tidy in central midfield. His goal was just being in the right place to put away after Dack and someone else had made heavy weather of good chances.

• Like 2

On 27/01/2021 at 21:15, roversfan99 said:

Absolutely, it was in no way a criticism or doubt as to the worth of the academy. I was just pointing out that considering how well in regards to under 23 league tables that the current crop seems to be doing, there doesnt seem to be any star talent that stands out. The three that have played a role this season, one is a versatile squad player who perhaps hasnt made any position his own and seems to have injury issues that the manager touched on, one has been on some successful loans and of course was unfortunate to get that injury although had never established himself at this level with any regularity prior, and one of course we differ on the opinion of but I am sure that you will concede that he has never broken through and gotten himself a regular run of starts in what is a congested area of our squad. With the others, they have either had the briefest of first team careers and/or see to be either too injury prone or not considered even when there are no senior players available in their position.

It is unreasonable to expect a steady stream of constant new first teamers through the academy each season, and indeed even a couple of squad players (on the back of a spell in which 4 key players came through, one being sold) is very useful.

I seem to recall Travis playing at right back in the 2 dreadful spectacles that were the Checkatrade Trophy games v Stoke and Bury before he had established himself in the first team in midfield a year later.

Pike was absolutely brilliant from start to finish imo.