BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Bolton 28Th August

Can someone explain why we started with Lowe and Evans in CM? Why not Guthrie and Akpan? Why are Barrow and Keita on the bench? We are at home and should be pressing teams and wanting to win!

Bowyer out.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Lowe kicking off in the tunnel?

btw RR amazed that we didn't win , magnificent effort apparently

Bolton had the best chance of the game and should have had a penalty. We were arguably lucky to draw. We barely created a thing, beyond blasting the ball at Duffy's bonce and watching it sail over.

Duffy looked good. As did Hanley. But our best player is Craig Conway by a million miles. Savy.

Koita looks lively but clumsy. Guthrie offered more than Lowe or Evans. But coming on against tired legs makes it hard to praise him too much.

The overriding feeling is it was pretty dour. I'm sure we'll say we created the most chances but let's be honest there weren't many clear cut ones. We don't stretch sides. It's all slinging it in the box and hoping for the best.

Set pieces we looked relatively dangerous. But Duffy needs to learn there's a difference between a defensive header and one at goal.

I don't really know what to think. Probably best I could hope for is bang in the middle of the table. But I have a horrible feeling that's being very optimistic.

Can someone explain why we started with Lowe and Evans in CM? Why not Guthrie and Akpan? Why are Barrow and Keita on the bench? We are at home and should be pressing teams and wanting to win!

Bowyer out.

Its the numbers out of the tombola

Bolton had the best chance of the game and should have had a penalty. We were arguably lucky to draw. We barely created a thing, beyond blasting the ball at Duffy's bonce and watching it sail over.

I watched it just surprised at Radio rovers magnificent effort comment ( well I'm not really but you know what I mean)

Good grief. That was terrible.

We may have lost a couple of good players in the summer but hoofing the ball at every opportunity and giving away possession is terrible. Don't mind the long throws and free kicks into the box as they are effective but we need to pass once in a while!

• Backroom

Saw Duffy giving Lowe stick for playing terribly . Did anyone noticed that?

Surely some of the players must resent the fact that no matter how badly Lowe plays he is NEVER dropped or subbed? It was beyond a joke a long time ago.

Yes. He didn't pick up his man on the edge of OUR box.

Rhodes was the stand out player on the pitch. Totally on a different level. Just so sad he doesn't get enough service. But Duffy was the MOM in a scrappy, skill bereft and at times turgid affair

Usual story. We cleared our lines and our two defensive midfielders stepped up too far and left their men free. Sure enough the ball fell to one of them and our centre halves were left between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Some observations.

Centre mid needs sorting. Why revert to a tried and failed pairing?

Olsson will never play again save a Spurr injury. His long throws help mask our creative inadequacies.

Why didn't we replace Gestede? Even in ascendency in first half the crosses were flying in and a target man would've eaten them up.

I really like Conway as a player.

Great save off the line from Duffy to save us a point and stop my last post looking foolish.

And what I seem to worryingly say after every game. They were poor, rubbish in fact, and we could well have got the win. But when you can't beat poor teams on a regular basis it shows there's something wrong with at the club. Imo it's the management (not to mention our owners). Getting rid of Bowyer would massively improve us even if the circus still owns us. Once again we seem to be handed a lifeline of the innate crapness of the other teams in the division. And like every other chance we seem determined to blow it.

One last positive was Mrs Blueblood brought her crochet with her which helped her sit through a mainly turgid game.

Archived