BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brentford At Home 7.11.2015

First time I have been this season.

First half hour was awful. Bit lucky to get the goal. Even second half.

Rhodes hardly had a touch the whole game. Team/club going nowhere.

Inspiration needed from somewhere. Not coming from Indian, administrators, manager or the players at present.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I crawled out from under my stone to witness lift off this afternoon. After all, we are playing the best football we have played since Venkys took over apparently.

That was absolute dross and we only avoided defeat thanks to our 3rd goal in 6 games, a total fluke.

Any substitution which brings on Delfonso is baffling, but when it means we are going to start hoofing it at his head, when Koita is on the bench, even more so. We went considerably worse after this.

We did pick up at the second substitution, the one that proved Marshall is too dangerous going forward to waste at full back. Admittedly I am changing my mind and thinking that Marshall is actually the best right back at the club. However that's another black mark against whoever assembled this squad.

The whole second half to me had a must not lose look to it. We made sure we were never over committed with no more than two in the box at any one time. We never appeared to go for the win, even in the dying stages.

Bowyer supporters, whose arguments of football and performance are shattered by stats, the league table and what my own eyes show me, will cling to the argument the crowd hasn't turned. Not vocally but I heard plenty of individual comments against him and not much of the opposite view. I think should we be struggling at deepdale then an inebriated large following may well dispel this myth once and for all.

11 points off the playoffs, 4 off relegation. Time to go. (Still)

The mindset at Ewood is all wrong. Lawrence was just interviewed on Radio Rovers and said "it was a good point in the end because they'd won 4 out of their last 5"

The correct response would have been that it was desperately disappointing not to win and perform so poorly because we need to be winning our home games.

Everyone seems happy with failure.

Lots of swearing and ranting about bowyer up livesey branch road

There was indeed, there's no way the poll on here isn't representative regardless of what anyone says. Comments after the game in the street, comments in the crowd, opinions of people I know who aren't members on here - everywhere you look and everyone you listen to, it's the same. He needs to go.

Bowyer supporters, whose arguments of football and performance are shattered by stats, the league table and what my own eyes show me, will cling to the argument the crowd hasn't turned.

don't let it bother you, we all support the same club. If venky's bring in a better manager than Bowyer i'm sure we'll all be delighted.

There was indeed, there's no way the poll on here isn't representative regardless of what anyone says. Comments after the game in the street, comments in the crowd, opinions of people I know who aren't members on here - everywhere you look and everyone you listen to, it's the same. He needs to go.

International break. Time to make the change.

don't let it bother you, we all support the same club. If venky's bring in a better manager than Bowyer i'm sure we'll all be delighted.

We do, but some people support GB remaining as manager and some don't. What's the issue with that?

• Backroom

Some will never accept this unless they see concrete proof - knowing that concrete proof is impossible to obtain!

As someone else said Akpan was very poor today as was Evans, Rhodes, Taylor and most of them not named Lawrence or Marshall.

• Backroom

Where is Parsonblue? I need my weekly dose of noble pragmatism. Or failing that a double-dose of the generic brand. I believe they're sold under the name 'HAPP-E-CLAP'.

Stopped posting after it started to become obvious Bowyer wasn't going to turn things around.

Akpan was so bad. Again.

Go, Gary. Just go.

What is it with centre mids starting their careers with us very well before petering out? Let's hope he doesn't become the 'No Hope' that Reading fans believe him to be.

Three wins in seventeen, international break, perfect time to change the gaffer ahead of a local derby. Nah, too sensible for the loons.

Radio lancs do us no favours interviewing bowyer. Too pally with him.

That was an absolute joke of an interview and I think Bayes should pay to watch his football. Just like two pals having a laugh and joke about the game over a pint. Why ask the question if you've already answered it yourself, the tit.

Stopped posting after it started to become obvious Bowyer wasn't going to turn things around.

Genuinely intrigued as to whether there are any vocal backers for him now. Surely even Chaddy can't be far off changing his tune?

Tomphil - it does my head in about Bayes as well. As you say, he feeds the bloody get out of jail free card to Gaz every single time. 'Well you must be thinking that you can't do anymore to win a game, Gary?'. 'It's surely coming isn't it Gary, if you stay as resolute at the back, the chances will come up top won't they?'. 'The fans are all behind you aren't they, Gary?' When will he or Wheelock ask some real questions?

You've 2 minutes of injury time left and the game is poised at 1-1 but you are marginally on top.

You have a "fit and raring to go" striker in Koita and an aging DM in Williamson on the bench.

What do you do, hotshot? What do you do?

Well, if you are Bowyer, you bottle it and decide that 1 point is better than 0. Every. Single. Time.

The mindset at Ewood is all wrong. Lawrence was just interviewed on Radio Rovers and said "it was a good point in the end because they'd won 4 out of their last 5"

The correct response would have been that it was desperately disappointing not to win and perform so poorly because we need to be winning our home games.

Everyone seems happy with failure.

That is frightening Rev....thank goodness I didn't hear the interview.

Archived