BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol City Match Thread - 5Th December 2015

I will try to put your mind at rest at least on the weather issue. It is not bad down here, overcast and a bit of wind but nothing extraordinary although having said that I live on the Devon /Somerset border some 50 miles south of Bristol.

Wet and windy up here, bloody freezing!

Jingle bells, Jingle bells, Jingle all the way.

COYB.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until lambert can bring his own players I feel we will continue in a bowyer type fashion of win draw lose so a loss today for me ..city are a tricky side and showed that against hull

Would love to see one or two of our youngsters on the bench..mainly mahoney...or even petshi so he dosent become another Dabo

• Backroom

If we harbour any ambitions for the remainder of this season we need better than Bowyer performances over the next month. If we have to wait until reinforces potentially arrive in January it'll be too late. If we can't produce better than the usual inconsistency in the next month I think we'll have to resign ourselves to another season of nothingness and look forward to next season.

Feels like this game today will define the season. We really need to win today against the bottom of the league team - that will set us up with what could end up being a play-off push.

Anything less and I think we'll end up with a boring season of mid-table mediocrity and thoughts of building for next season before January is out.

To move up the table in this league you need to string several wins together. Otherwise you just end up in more or less the same position, sometimes being able to blab about an 'unbeaten run' now and again like under the previous regime.

• Backroom

ROVERS: Steele, Henley, Hanley ©, Duffy, Olsson, Marshall, Evans, Akpan, Conway, Lawrence, Rhodes.

Subs: Eastwood, Spurr, Kilgallon, Brown, Williamson, Taylor, Guthrie.

Wonder what happened to Henry?

Our bench desperately emphasises the need for reinforcements in January.

Lacking pace and quality striker on there.

That's why I suggestion the names I have in the transfer talk thread.

I wonder what has happened to Koita? not been on bench for last 2 games? could it be his fitness level isn't good enough for Lambert

I think Blues might show away games, but only when we've sold our allocation. Is this right?

Did we sell all tickets btw?

I know Preston Blue said a week ago that they'd all gone and the club had asked for more.

Lacking pace and quality striker on there.

That's why I suggestion the names I have in the transfer talk thread.

I wonder what has happened to Koita? not been on bench for last 2 games? could it be his fitness level isn't good enough for Lambert

Possibly Chaddy but my gut feeling is that he doesn't rate him.

• Backroom

Neither Delfouneso or Koita are good enough. I was against signing the former to begin with, the latter was probably worth a shot but if Brown is getting on the bench ahead of him I think we can safely say he doesn't have a future here.

Probably too early to get rid of either in January, but think they are likely to be moved on come the summer, along with the likes of Williamson and Brown.

Same as Bowyer, starting and bench.

I hope the manager's new methods kick in soon as I can't remember a new boss not making any changes whatsoever to the line up, even if just to make a point. Hughes sending Mickey Gray to the Gulag let people know the consequences for not meeting his standards.

• Backroom

I hope the manager's new methods kick in soon as I can't remember a new boss not making any changes whatsoever to the line up, even if just to make a point. Hughes sending Mickey Gray to the Gulag let people know the consequences for not meeting his standards.

He doesn't exactly have a massive amount of quality to choose from. The team basically picks itself based on the players we have available.

He's put Henley back into RB, at least, putting Marshall back where he should be. Bowyer would probably still be putting Marshall at RB now.

Neither Delfouneso or Koita are good enough. I was against signing the former to begin with, the latter was probably worth a shot but if Brown is getting on the bench ahead of him I think we can safely say he doesn't have a future here.

Probably too early to get rid of either in January, but think they are likely to be moved on come the summer, along with the likes of Williamson and Brown.

I guess we will see soon

Lambert has spoken publicly about Brown. Brown is at best a player coming off the bench as a plan B if plan A isn't working IMO.

Koita's Fitness hasn't been good enough since joining

Delfouneso isn't the worst player but he needs confidence and backing but I think Lambert will be looking to improve the team in the striker area come January

Absolutely!

What Lambert could have done with Gestede and a 40+ goal strike force!!!

Been saying it for some time,overall this side is not as strong as some like to make out,too reliant of Rhodes coupled with a weak midfield engine room and a defence prone to lapses in concentration...Lambert is seeing that.

• Backroom

Delfouneso isn't the worst player but he needs confidence and backing but I think Lambert will be looking to improve the team in the striker area come January

I suppose it depends on our expectations. IMO Delfouneso isn't the type of player we need to make a promotion push. Just not good enough. He's passable as backup for a mid/lower end of the table Championship team, but we shouldn't be aiming for that now. There's better out there, even if only on loan, and if Lambert wants to push on we need better strength in depth than the likes of Delf and Brown can offer.

• Backroom

Absolutely!

What Lambert could have done with Gestede and a 40+ strike force!!!

Sadly we'll never know. Venky's slowness in removing GB has made PL's job that much harder. It's a shame but nothing we can do about it now. We're essentially going to have to go under another rebuilding period, removing a lot of average players and bringing in better. Mid-way through his tenure GB had built a decent team, he just wasn't the man to manage them. The squad as a whole has become weaker since then, and whilst we aren't back at square one we're further back than we were in the 13/14 or 14/15 season.

Archived