BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol City Match Thread - 5Th December 2015

I remember standing on the open terrace.

I remember going one sun drenched afternoon late 80's, could have been first game of the season, Dobson either got sent off or gave away a penalty?

Where's Parson when you need him....?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember going one sun drenched afternoon late 80's, could have been first game of the season, Dobson either got sent off or gave away a penalty?

Where's Parson when you need him....?

First away game of 91/92 promotion season. Just before Don got the sack.

• Backroom

Tricky one this.

Win and it sets us up brilliantly going in to two home games though, would love a scrappy 1-0 although a draw isn't catastrophic.

• Moderation Lead

Provocative post if ever I saw one, no wonder you have been potted

Not just that, he's been potted for continual re-registering after a ban a while back. I make it 5 duplicate accounts now?

Not just that, he's been potted for continual re-registering after a ban a while back. I make it 5 duplicate accounts now?

I was going to put a smiley on the end of the post

:D

Should TJ feel a bit vunerable

I just hope that, with each week Lambert has been there, it's another week towards to the fitness of the squad. I have to say it was noticeable that we seemed to tail off in the last 10/15 minutes against Sheffield Wednesday and they capitalised from that and took 2 points from us. I think once this area has been tweeked, we could be a very good side.

Bristol City away isn't a million miles away from the Preston fixture, a potential banana skin but under the new man, I can see us going there and bringing the points back with us. I'm going 2-1 Rovers, no prizes for the at least one of the goalscorers.

First away game of 91/92 promotion season. Just before Don got the sack.

Cheers Matty.

We don't often win away from home when many expect us to, and that's in any era!

So I'll go for 1-1

I know the days of online streams for Championship games are long gone, but do any local pubs show these games? I used to go down to the Fieldens on Livesey Branch Rd where they regularly had Rovers away games on. Not sure if they do it anymore. Any ideas?

As for this afternoon's game, its a tricky one, as Bristol will be scrapping for their lives too. Bearing in mind Rovers have had something of a glass jaw in recent seasons, I'm not confident we will keep a clean sheet. Hopefully it won't be as disappointing as the MK Dons fiasco, but I'm going for a 1-1 draw

I know the days of online streams for Championship games are long gone, but do any local pubs show these games? I used to go down to the Fieldens on Livesey Branch Rd where they regularly had Rovers away games on. Not sure if they do it anymore. Any ideas?

As for this afternoon's game, its a tricky one, as Bristol will be scrapping for their lives too. Bearing in mind Rovers have had something of a glass jaw in recent seasons, I'm not confident we will keep a clean sheet. Hopefully it won't be as disappointing as the MK Dons fiasco, but I'm going for a 1-1 draw

I was told the Park Inn in Darwen had Preston v Rovers on. I've watched a few Rovers Championship away games in the Park in the last few years, although I seldom go in there these days.

nb I've just checked a certain website which tells you the games that are being broadcast and on what channels; the only Championship game available is Burnley v Preston. I would post the link for the website but assume I will get in trouble from the mods!

• Backroom

I was told the Park Inn in Darwen had Preston v Rovers on. I've watched a few Rovers Championship away games in the Park in the last few years, although I seldom go in there these days.

nb I've just checked a certain website which tells you the games that are being broadcast and on what channels; the only Championship game available is Burnley v Preston. I would post the link for the website but assume I will get in trouble from the mods!

;)

I have a real nasty feeling this could end up a draw. Poor weather and a poor team always leave me feeling uneasy.

Putting the worries aside, I'd expect us to be beating the likes of Bristol and in Lambert we trust! 1-3 Rovers.

I will try to put your mind at rest at least on the weather issue. It is not bad down here, overcast and a bit of wind but nothing extraordinary although having said that I live on the Devon /Somerset border some 50 miles south of Bristol.

Archived