BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United - Fa Cup 5Th Round

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My team would be:-

Steele; Marshall, Duffy, Hanley, Spurr; Evans, Lenihan, Gomez, Bennett; Watt, Brown

Subs:- Raya, Henley, Ward, Akpan, Jackson, Conway, Taylor

Rovers 1 nil win with Brown scoring

I'd love it to happen but I'll eat my deer stalker hat if it does.

West Ham are on a different planet to us on and off the pitch at present so I'd happily settle for an honourable 2-0 defeat.

What I don't want is a stuffing and 7,000 Cockneys lording it over Ewood.

Spurr will get absolutely rekt by Michail Antonio.

I'd play Henley at LB. He did a number on Sterling when we played Liverpool.

Am I the only one who thinks Antonio is MASSIVELY overrated? I'm not saying he's crap or anything but just not worth the hype, looks a bit clumsy to me.

I'd love it to happen but I'll eat my deer stalker hat if it does.

West Ham are on a different planet to us on and off the pitch at present so I'd happily settle for an honourable 2-0 defeat.

What I don't want is a stuffing and 7,000 Cockneys lording it over Ewood.

West Ham are better than us but then so we're Stoke and Swansea last season. It's the FA Cup and smaller teams can beat bigger ones. I hope the players and staff are more confident and positive about getting a result and not happy to settle for a 2-0 defeat.

Am I the only one who thinks Antonio is MASSIVELY overrated? I'm not saying he's crap or anything but just not worth the hype, looks a bit clumsy to me.

Ah well, he should be a cinch for our defensive supremo Tommy Spurr, then.

Ah well, he should be a cinch for our defensive supremo Tommy Spurr, then.

I see what you're saying and he may well cause Spurr problems because he is quick and powerful. I think Antonio will be one of those that could be another Micheal Ricketts, big and powerful, with some pace but really not that brilliant.

I see what you're saying and he may well cause Spurr problems because he is quick and powerful. I think Antonio will be one of those that could be another Micheal Ricketts, big and powerful, with some pace but really not that brilliant.

I thought Antonio was one of the best players to grace Ewood last season.

Comfortably dominated our back 4 for 90 minutes.

I'm glad he'll be playing out of position. If he is.

West Ham are better than us but then so we're Stoke and Swansea last season. It's the FA Cup and smaller teams can beat bigger ones. I hope the players and staff are more confident and positive about getting a result and not happy to settle for a 2-0 defeat.

Anyone who wants to already settle for a defeat belongs in the Lancashire United thread.

If we're that scared of playing West Ham we might as well pack it in.

You've heard wrong. They've sold 7,200 (Cracking effort) and as of yesterday morning a total of 16,000 tickets had been sold, including away fans so we have sold a couple of thousand more.

I'm fully expecting a minimum of 20,000 there on sunday.

Superb stuff. Should make for a great atmosphere.

• Backroom

My guess for the team

-------------------Steele

Marshall---Hanley---Duffy----Spurr

-------------------Evans

----------Akpan------Gomez

------------------Bennett

-----------Brown------Watt

No idea what the result will be.

I expect that team, although I'd possibly prefer Henley at lb.

Score could be anything from 3-0 Rovers to 5-0 West Ham and all scores in between! Intriguing game, this! Looking forward to a decent crowd too.

Because of the threat Antonio to Tommy Spurr I would possibly bring in Conway on the left of the diamond in place of Bennet for this one , WHU arn't the quickest at the back and i don't think Brown would get change out of Collins et al i would start with Jackson amd Watt upfront ... if we can contain Payet and Antonio i can actually see us scoring , and running out 1-0 winners , we have to keep them AND their fans quiet though

I think a lot of people do still see us a big club, I was listening to the Guardian podcast earlier and they were talking about our history and successes an had us down for a potential upset. It's strange to think that outside of the Rovers fans bubble we aren't viewed as badly as we view ourselves at times.

Bilic was obviously complimenting Rovers no idea why anyone would have a problem with that. Better than hearing Gold and Sullivan's insulting remarks in the past while at that small club Birmingham.

Jack Walker stand hopefully won't look so empty for this game being £20 in all areas.

I've always seen us a good traditional football club akin to a Wolves.

Problem is, clubs like Derby, Wolves, Forest happen to have big catchment areas to draw fans from, the likes of Rovers just don't.

I would argue Rovers did but just didn't take advantage of it while in a position of strength. As Williams said (possibly under Jack's orders) in 1998 "we must see ourselves as Lancashire."

Archived