BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich Away

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chambers and Smith at the back are solid, along with Berra who has both prem and plenty of international experience.

Brett Pitman and Daryl Murphy both seem to have been around for years, Murphy also has a number of EIRE caps so another experienced head.

Freddie Sears has done reasonably well after his move form Colchester, remember his bursting onto the scene at West Ham against us! Pretty sure he scored on his debut against Rovers. Seemed like one of those players who dissapeared off the face of the earth after being the talk of the prem for a little while. Dropped down the leagues and did really well at Colchester.

Jonathon Douglas is a virtual ever present for them and that Maitland -Niles lad has always impressed me when I've seen him.

Actually looking at their team they've got a really well balanced team and its a wonder they're not pressing the play off positions more to be honest. You certainly wouldn't say Birmingham, Cardiff, Brighton, Sheff Wed have squads that look miles better.

Cheers, mate. I should have known that Daryl Murphy was playing for 'em, given that I come from the land of the spuds and green, from the midnight slums, where the cold rains flow.

My abiding memory of Jonathan Douglas is that goal he notched against Fulham in a 4-3 the year Souness and Stead kept us in the Prem.

Sears! Yes.He was supposed to be the next hot property,alright.

Not confident at all tonight, but if there's one thing Lambert has made us it's a dogged side that can be difficult to beat. Realistically I think we could take them for a draw but in actuality I think it will end up 3-1 to Ipswich. Hoping the likes of Simeon Jackson could be in for a start.

• Backroom

Didn't realise tonight was our game in hand.

Wonder if that eases the pressure a bit for the players and if that in itself is a good or bad thing?

A win and you feel we are safe, a loss and there is still the fear you could get dragged into a scrap

Hope we put a better show on than Saturday.

Tiredness is all in the mind!! ^_^

Steele

Marshal Duffy Hanley Conway

Evans

Bennett Lenihan Grimes

Gomez

Graham

Very dicey down our left! I'd play Evans, Lenihan, and Akpan as spoilers. Bennett for tenacity, and Gomez for the bit of silk. Graham looks like he lead the line solo,but The likes of Gomez and Bennett'd want to be busting their guts to get close to him. Frankly, given the mammoth run of fixtures and Ipswich's home record, I'd be happy with a stodgy point.

Very dicey down our left! I'd play Evans, Lenihan, and Akpan as spoilers. Bennett for tenacity, and Gomez for the bit of silk. Graham looks like he lead the line solo,but The likes of Gomez and Bennett'd want to be busting their guts to get close to him. Frankly, given the mammoth run of fixtures and Ipswich's home record, I'd be happy with a stodgy point.

We're always dicey down our left!! We don't have a decent LB in the club and Grimes looks about our best LM at the moment (IMO of course).

Rovers 1 - 0 .......Marshall free kick. COYB

ROVERS: Steele, Henley, Duffy, Hanley ©, Spurr, Evans, Akpan, Grimes, Bennett, Jackson, Brown.

Subs: Raya (GK), Watt, Marshall, J. Gomez, Ward, Lenihan, Conway.

Five changes for Rovers with Henley, Evans, Brown, Grimes and Jackson all coming in.

Watt, Marshall, Gomez and Lenihan drop to the bench, Graham misses out with a back injury picked up on Saturday.

Oh dear, I think Brown and Jackson is a league one strike force at best.

Tonight could be embarrassing.

Feel for the 200 or so who've made the long, weary journey to Suffolk.

• Backroom

Anything out of this game is a tough ask; highlights a couple of injuries and we are weak.

Still you never know and we could be pleasantly surprised.

Archived