BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich Away

£35 to pay on the day at Ipswich. Disgusting.

Yes, thats Ridiculous.

I've not seen it posted elsewhere, but the Premier League announced £30 away tickets last week for next season, which seemed to get a positive reception from the media. I was angry as hell! On the back of a £5 billion TV rights deal, the best the clubs could come up with is £30 away tickets, like that is going to ease the financial burden of following your team.

The FSF was campaigning for £20 tickets which I think would have been more realistic. Its certainly something I think the F.L. should be thinking of to try and encourage better atmosphere and attendance at matches.

But GREED permeates every level of football in England. We already pay the highest ticket prices in Europe, but the biggest TV rights deal in football history has no benefit for the paying supporter. The armchair supporter is now more important than those going through the turnstile.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As JHRover has already alluded to, Ipswichs record in Tuesday night home matches over the last few seasons is phenomenal. Their 1:0 loss to Hull at Portman Road three weeks ago was the first time that they have failed to win a Tuesday night home match since they lost 2:0 to Watford on 19 February 2013. Their record in Tuesday night home matches (16 of them) since that Watford defeat looks like this (most recent first):

LWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

By contrast, our results in Tuesday night away matches are pretty poor. Our record for our last 16 away matches on a Tuesday night looks like this:

DDDLDLLDDLLWLLLDD

It doesnt bode well but records are there to be broken and so lets hope that at 10:00pm tomorrow we are celebrating our first Tuesday night away win in 12 attempts!

As JHRover as already alluded to, Ipswich’s record in Tuesday night home matches over the last few seasons is phenomenal. Their 1:0 loss to Hull at Portman Road three weeks ago was the first time that they have failed to win a Tuesday night home match since they lost 2:0 to Watford on 19 February 2013. Their record in Tuesday night home matches (16 of them) since that Watford defeat looks like this (most recent first):

LWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

By contrast, our results in Tuesday night away matches are pretty poor. Our record for our last 16 away matches on a Tuesday night looks like this:

DDDLDLLDDLLWLLLDD

It doesn’t bode well but records are there to be broken and so let’s hope that at 10:00pm tomorrow we are celebrating our first Tuesday night away win in 12 attempts!

Yep they are, just like Leeds hadn't beaten us for 12 years until Saturday.

I think I might be clutching at straws though, but an early goal might help the flagging spirits, all about confidence, just like Leeds upped their game

after they scored against the run of play on Saturday.

Jesus. That says more than just the results, it shows a real weakness in what we've attempted - winning, badly if necessary on those dreary, dark or long distance night games is a staple of any promotion seeking team.

Time to turn the tables I think.

Portman Road has never really been a happy hunting ground for Rovers.

Think we are a team gagging for the international break in order to get some batteries recharged.

It's a must win match for Ipswich otherwise their season may well be over.

Can't see beyond an Ipswich win probably by at least two goals.

Portman Road has never really been a happy hunting ground for Rovers.

Think we are a team gagging for the international break in order to get some batteries recharged.

It's a must win match for Ipswich otherwise their season may well be over.

Can't see beyond an Ipswich win probably by at least two goals.

Thanks, Mercerman. :)

Ring the changes after the jaded display on Saturday and the fact we play Brentford next Saturday.

Time for some of our squad to prove that they deserve a new contract this summer.

An element of tongue in cheek team but these guys should be buzzing for a game!!

Raya

Nyambe Ward Killgallon Henley

Mahoney Williamson Guthrie Taylor Conway

Brown

Mick McCarthy would be flabbergasted at that team.

He'd think Dagenham and Redbridge had turned up instead.

Sorry lads but I agree with Mercer I can't see anything but an Ipswich win. As stated above they havnt lost at home in a Tuesday

Id settle for boring nil nil. Could see Brown up front by himself

2.48 on Betfair exchange to back against Ipswich.

Rovers win or draw, essentially. I might do the entirety of next season betting against Mercers predictions and see where I end up.

Jeez Louise... Anyone would think we're going to the Bernabeu, not Portman Road.

Yes, "it's Rovers", but the Championship is a competitive league (i.e. it's full of average teams), and if we can't aspire to beat bloody Ipswich Town, we might as well give up now.

Paul Wheelock. ...............

"This was Rovers’ ninth match in a month. Over the same period of time no other Championship club has played as many times.

Indeed apart from Hull City and Fulham every one of their league rivals have been involved in two or three games fewer."

Then people wonder why the FA Cup is increasingly treated with less priority by clubs not just in the Premier League but also in the Championship.

If you are a Championship club it is hardly worth the aggravation of progressing through to the latter stages of the cup. Look at the fixture pile up we've had because we got past Newport & Oxford and had one called off due to bad weather. Playing 3 games a week for 4-5 weeks running is ridiculous. I couldn't blame any manager in the Championship for turning round and saying it just isn't worth the hassle.

Those to blame are the FA/Football League and UEFA. They are responsible for fixtures and are in a position to change the schedule to make it less demanding for those clubs who do well in the Cup, but instead continue with this regime whereby those who take the cup seriously and do well in it are at a disadvantage down the line in the League.

Went there once 1 nil up with 10 mins left, lost 2-1. Nearly got nicked but begged for mercy. Didn't fancy going back again the next week.

Never going again.

Well done to the loyal lot that are travelling. Hope you get something.

Paul Wheelock. ...............

"This was Rovers ninth match in a month. Over the same period of time no other Championship club has played as many times.

Indeed apart from Hull City and Fulham every one of their league rivals have been involved in two or three games fewer."

Young athletes at the peak of fitness . If it's too much then get another job .

JH rover see above

I got carried away with myself on Saturday and actually predicted a win for Rovers ! I should have known better. Maybe the players are tired but continually talking it up isn't a good idea.

Anyway, back to tonight. I'm hoping for a draw, so 1-1.

Thinking about it - if we score first we seem to do well, if we go behind we tend to struggle. That sort of attitude will take a lot of shifting.

Archived