BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Elton John Concert At Ewood

Jools Holland is playing KGH July 2017 and some of our group are going. I was interested till I discovered it was £42. That did surprise me £25 I would have gone but £42? Nope.

Fair enough Paul, taste is (almost) everything in the world of music, but one way of looking at it is that I'd think there's a pretty large orchestra with Jools Holland so you're payinig for all those folk too. With Elton John I'd guess there are backing musicians but nowhere as near as many, so your £40 is shared amongst a lot less folk.

• Like 1

Pity that Manchester is on a Monday. I might make a night of it and go Liverpool on the 20th May.

I'm impressed they've put so many UK dates on.

was thinking same however a full day and stop over a month before download may stretch it for me.

anyhows anyone watching Elton is funding venkys.

Just had a look on Via gogo and tickets seem to be selling pretty fast. It's predicted they'll sell out today according to the site.

Someone said Iron Maiden are touring UK next year so sack Elton off and give him an NDA.

Elton out, Maiden in !!!

Now you're talking!!!!

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

Out of interest how much does anyone know how much the venkys stand to earn out of this? Will they demand a % from ticket sales or do they charge a flat fee for use of their venue so to speak. Don't know how these things tend to work.

Not really my cup of tea anyway but I might have been tempted aside from the fact I won't put one penny into the venkys pocket whether it's rovers, Elton John, whoever.

Out of interest how much does anyone know how much the venkys stand to earn out of this? Will they demand a % from ticket sales or do they charge a flat fee for use of their venue so to speak. Don't know how these things tend to work.

Not really my cup of tea anyway but I might have been tempted aside from the fact I won't put one penny into the venkys pocket whether it's rovers, Elton John, whoever.

Peterborough have Elton John on too. Here's their chairman's response RE how much they'll get for having him on (taken from Twitter):

Concert promoter & we get a share & council/city profit from 20 odd thousand people spending money that day in city!

Didn't know Peterborough was a city and with a pop of c190k as well. Always thought it was smaller than Blackburn for some reason, plenty potential for Posh there then.

Anyway back to Elton I think he'll sell out down there but not sure about up here. Anyone know what the capacity will be for this gig ?

Not wanting to start a debate but looking at the stadium plan seems the stage is where the Riverside once stood.

Much more lucrative business hosting concerts to a full stadium than low league football to an empty one.

Plus the fans don't moan and just love fried chicken.

Well we know now they'll not be letting the club go before then with all the publicity they'll cream from this. Live beam back to India probably and Venky posters all over the stadium.

Mind you they'll have to put the cameras back in the JW gantry for that one :lol:

Clowns.

Wonder if the set lists will be passed on to India so Blingy can have a do at pop star manager , get your money Elton being substituted on 65 mins :)

Glen, can you PM (or to keep on song by text) me your preferred artist as a sub?

could be an earner in this

:D

You really could not make this up, as this could quit easily have become the Elton Gone concert.

I'm reliably informed Rovers have announced this concert and tickets are on sale , despite them not having planning permission in place.

Someone at Ewood contacted the wrong department at the council , got the wrong advice and proceded, without going through the protocol of actually filling in an application.

I am told , there is still no planning permission in place, although the council are likely to grant it and it will be discussed next week, however it shows once again, that we could not organise a jolly in the brewery .

• Like 1