BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ten Games In - What's The Verdict?

dallydally

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's pulled together a better squad than I expected with no money spent.

However, he's shown to be tactically poor and unable to motivate the team. At times it looked like he's lost the respect of the players.

Relegation almost a certainty under Coyle.

So many echoes of start of 2011-12 season....

Struggling squad, who were almost relegated, now further weakened by big money sales.

Again, outgoings replaced by cheap acquistions. Poor manager..

I thought we were going down in the close season. Little has happened to change my mind.

Venky's out!

I've been saying it for a while now. The similarities to 2011-12 are staggering. Its a mirror image of what happened 5 years ago, the only difference being we're a division lower, 15,000 fans down and £80 million further in debt.

Divisive and irritating manager who inexplicably got the job despite several far better candidates being in with a shout.

Manager that almost certainly isnt up to the job of keeping the team in the league and is on course to relegate us.

Manager that has absolutely no idea how to defend meaning we will concede bucket loads of goals whilst now and again registering the odd surprise good result/win to keep us in touch with some teams above us keeping survival as a possibility until April.

Manager who despite clearly leading us to relegation will not be replaced whilst rivals will make changes and over the course of the season rise above us.

A threadbare squad cobbled together at the last minute only once most senior players have been sold and the majority of the cash disappears.

Clueless yet probably well meaning administrator on the ground at Ewood who can't answer any real questions but tries to do something with his hands tied behind his back (wonder how long until Cheston is writing a letter to Desai - doubt he'd make the same mistake as Hunt).

Its uncanny. Almost as though the last 5 years never happened.

What's the verdict? In my case, because of my age and dependence on public transport, it's coloured by only having been to the game at Wigan this season.

That was the day I discovered that I can get home earlier from Wigan than I can from Ewood if the conditions are right: they start with a display which was so abysmal that it led me to leave a Rovers' game earlier than ever before in a 60+ year career of watching us.

I've found that I'm beginning not to care about how we go on. I never thought that would happen; but the way in which This Great Club Of Ours as I [ironically, on some occasions] used to call it is being reduced to a shadow of its former greatness has left me almost totally dis-interested.

The one game I was looking forward to attending this season was Burton [A] and that was only because I was such a Rovers "nerd" that it would be yet another ground I'd seen us on. Now, to slightly mis-quote whoever it was from "Gone with the wind", "Frankly, mah dears; I don't give a damn."

And I guess the worrying thing for our owners might be as their ownership sees us gradually slide into the mire is that I'm surely far from being the only one.

Isn't it sad that the Daily Telegraph investigation which might finally lead English football into establishing a body which could properly police what we call [wrongly, I know], "the fit and proper persons' test" has come too late for us?

Rovers should come out to this.

One for the Road
One for the road, ooh ooh

One for the road, ooh ooh

From the bottom of your heart

The relegation zone

I saw this coming from the start

The shake, rattle and roll

The cracks in blackout blinds

Cast patterns on the ceiling but you're feeling fine

I thought it was dark outside

I thought it was dark outside

So we all go back to yours and you sit and talk to me on the floor

There's no need to show me round baby, I feel like I've been in here before

I've been wondering whether later when you tell everybody to go,

Will you pour me one for the road?

I knew this would be on the cards

I knew you wouldn't fold

I saw this coming from the start

The shake, rattle and roll

Next Five.

Birmingham Away - Nil points

Ipswich home - One point

Forest home - Three points?

Bristol City Away - Nil points

Wolvers home - One point

I would say that pattern or similar will be repeated every block of 5 this season. In a lucky season it might see us finish 4th or 5th from bottom.

I'm not feeling the luck though.

Eight points from eleven games. We're lucky we're not completely cut adrift already.

Bowyer was sacked after 17 points from 16 games. Coyle needs an impressive return of nine points from the next five games just to reach that in itself unimpressive haul!

Eight points from eleven games. We're lucky we're not completely cut adrift already.

Bowyer was sacked after 17 points from 16 games. Coyle needs an impressive return of nine points from the next five games just to reach that in itself unimpressive haul!

Totally agree Rev. Three of the next four games are at home and we need maximum points from these home games if we are to get back in the pack above the relegation zone.

I have a feeling Coyle might be popped similar to GB - that would require investment though so not holding my breath.

Also - has anyone made a power point yet for how poor we are :)

I think there is a good chance he will be sacked ,in the week before the Wolves game , with Dunn taking charge of the game ..

If Coyle survives beyond Wolves he is in for the season !

Archived