BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham's Biggest Club V The Rovers

It's impossible to look at Venkys as the best option and to feel sorry for a manager who is taking us down. It's even harder to see that as just another opinion.

I said when he was appointed that it would end in tears before Christmas and I suspect it will. However, I can't agree with giving a bloke stick because of where he was previously employed. Give him stick because of results - that comes with the territory- but not because he happened to work at the Turf some time back. My biggest criticism today of the manager was his failure to get to grips with Cotterill. Wednesday put two men on Conway on Tuesday and nullified him. Today, Williams was left all too often in a one on one situation with Cotterill who is well known at this level for being a dangerous opponent. We needed to double mark him but didn't and that comes down to the manager. I will criticise him for that but not because he happened to work for Burnley.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using his burnley link to abuse him is easy, but it all boils down to him being a terrible manager.

Nobody would be calling him a dingle **** if we sat at the top of the league and you know that Parson.

I said when he was appointed that it would end in tears before Christmas and I suspect it will. However, I can't agree with giving a bloke stick because of where he was previously employed. Give him stick because of results - that comes with the territory- but not because he happened to work at the Turf some time back. My biggest criticism today of the manager was his failure to get to grips with Cotterill. Wednesday put two men on Conway on Tuesday and nullified him. Today, Williams was left all too often in a one on one situation with Cotterill who is well known at this level for being a dangerous opponent. We needed to double mark him but didn't and that comes down to the manager. I will criticise him for that but not because he happened to work for Burnley.

Yes but if he were winning no one would mention his background negatively. It's being a crap manager that causes him to get stick, his history shapes the description the stick takes. If he had us top 6 he would not have dingle comments aimed at him.

Oh and that's before we look at the dodgy way he was appointed. Hard to feel sorry for someone in on the con.

Btw I think the owners like the Burnley connection as any criticism can be dismissed as anti Burnley rather than him being crap at his job and/or complicit in the con.

Bit people are giving him stick because of results. It's just that anti-Burnley songs are popular, easy and convey a sense of fan feeling.

It was inevitable that his Burnley connections would be the first line of attack.

Rather than feeling sorry for him because he's getting stick for his past Burnley connections, why not put him out of his misery and call for his sacking?

You do realise we are going down Parson? Based on actual results not feelings?

Yep. We're in the bottom 3 as we have been all season, have signed a plethora of has beens and never will be's on loan and lucrative contracts, led by a tactically inept, morally corrupt, stanger to the truth imposter yet Parson chooses to mention that the fans are picking up on his Burnley past.

If chaddy can be given a week's holiday for deliberate goading then I can't see why Parson doesn't deserve the same.

Yep. We're in the bottom 3 as we have been all season, have signed a plethora of has beens and never will be's on loan and lucrative contracts, led by a tactically inept, morally corrupt, stanger to the truth imposter yet Parson chooses to mention that the fans are picking up on his Burnley past.

If chaddy can be given a week's holiday for deliberate goading then I can't see why Parson doesn't deserve the same.

So supporting your club is now goading? You now want to ban people who don't fall in line with the majority opinion? What's the point of a messageboard if you can't discuss different opinions?

So supporting your club is now goading?

Don't be so obtuse. You know exactly why the fans are at Coyle and it's sod all to do with his Burnley past. It may be a stick to beat him with but if it was the case it'd have been from day 1.

Sorry but your 'opinion' is getting so far out there that it's bordering on goading. You're posting for a reaction and you got one. Well done.

As Bob F has said earlier, maybe time to let this go. You're not for turning, your love of watching the club as opposed to the club itself wins out. It's better to fight battles that can potentially be won.

Come on Jason you're better than that. Parson said nothing whatsoever that could remotely be construed as "goading".

"Give him a week's ban because I don't agree with him." What are we,six year olds in the school playground?

For the record I differ slightly from Parson in that I can't feel any sympathy for Coyle when his results are so poor. It's a results driven business and whether he's previously managed Burnley or has any connection to SEM is almost completely irrelevant just as it would be if he were the nicest bloke in the world who had a lifelong Rovers background but who also wasn't getting results.

I have to keep reminding myself it's a pointless exercise getting wound up about a manager whilst Venkys are here, especially after they've just stated that they're committed to us. Any of us with any sense can see which way the club is going with them as 'owners'... Getting wound up about Coyle is like worrying about your carpet whilst Balaji burns your house down.

Come on Jason you're better than that. Parson said nothing whatsoever that could remotely be construed as "goading".

"Give him a week's ban because I don't agree with him." What are we,six year olds in the school playground?

For the record I differ slightly from Parson in that I can't feel any sympathy for Coyle when his results are so poor. It's a results driven business and whether he's previously managed Burnley or has any connection to SEM is almost completely irrelevant just as it would be if he were the nicest bloke in the world who had a lifelong Rovers background but who also wasn't getting results.

I agree with you Rev. I have no sympathy with him for results as that is his responsibility. My sympathy rests solely with him being given abuse for being an ex-Burnley manager. For me this simply allows the media to attack supporters for bringing up his Burnley connection rather than his won-loss record.

I agree with you Rev. I have no sympathy with him for results as that is his responsibility. My sympathy rests solely with him being given abuse for being an ex-Burnley manager. For me this simply allows the media to attack supporters for bringing up his Burnley connection rather than his won-loss record.

Precisely - I'm not one for conspiracy as many here know, but I can see some potential in the decision to choose him being based around that - he takes all the heat off the buffoons running the club, and all support from the media goes to Coyle as opposed the fan base....

Having not gone to birmingham I really can't comment on the abuse coyle allegedly got. But with the one man and his dog who follows rovers these days how bad was it?

With the numbers the way they are I can't believe it could have been heard by anyone other than in the immediate vicinity of the away end let alone by coyle himself.

The Burnley stuff makes him an easy target but as with Kean before him forget about the superficial stuff like lies, drunkard, etc etc etc etc it was the results that were the main cause for abuse and it's the same for coyle he's cop it for Burnley links but it's the results that will cause the wrath.

A quick flick through 'newsnow' and not a single mention by any news outlet that Coyle used to manage burnley?

But plenty of excuses by the manager as to why we're on, and in, the worst league position the club has found itself in for 30yrs, oh yes and an article on how Feeney will prove the doubters wrong......

500 fans at Birmingham singing anti burnley/Coyle songs are the least of our worries.

I have to keep reminding myself it's a pointless exercise getting wound up about a manager whilst Venkys are here, especially after they've just stated that they're committed to us. Any of us with any sense can see which way the club is going with them as 'owners'... Getting wound up about Coyle is like worrying about your carpet whilst Balaji burns your house down.

Dead right Neal,the one constant theme in the clubs decline is Venkys,untill these scum go we will never start the road to recovery.Everything else is just a sideshow.

Any manager who's team perform as badly as we are doing, or any manager obviously heading for relegation gets hammered by "some" fans Parson. Not all fans abuse him about his Burnley past, probably a very small minority do that.

From outsiders looking in though, they see you picking that out, while at the same time being so blasé about fans who want to be proactive about the way the owners are running the club. They see you commenting on the tiny minority of fans criticising Coyle - and also criticising the fans who want the owners to change and are actually prepared to try to do something about it.

You seem to want change but call out anyone trying to bring about that change. To a lot of folk that doesn't compute.

Any manager who's team perform as badly as we are doing, or any manager obviously heading for relegation gets hammered by "some" fans Parson. Not all fans abuse him about his Burnley past, probably a very small minority do that.

From outsiders looking in though, they see you picking that out, while at the same time being so blasé about fans who want to be proactive about the way the owners are running the club. They see you commenting on the tiny minority of fans criticising Coyle - and also criticising the fans who want the owners to change and are actually prepared to try to do something about it.

You seem to want change but call out anyone trying to bring about that change. To a lot of folk that doesn't compute.

Let's just leave him alone and move on :brfc:

I'm sure in the real world me and Parson would get on famously.

On here, I just struggle to reason with his obtuseness. Often fine posts, marred with little swipes.

Everyone's allowed their own opinions and I enjoy the debate, it's when they seem loaded that they irk.

If people can't see things clearly now, they never will.

Now is the time to pick a side, and that should never be Coyle's side.

What has he done for us ?

What will he do for us ? Those 2 questions should remove most sympathy.

I don't think I have called anyone out about trying to bring about change. Quite frankly, it is up to each individual to do as they please. If people want to boycott, I have no problem with that. If people want to join in the 1875 protest I have no problem with that. If folk want to support the players on the pitch for 90 minutes I have no problem with that either. How can there be a problem if people are doing what they believe is the right thing for them.

It could just as easily be that Coyle wants to play Marshall on the wing - and we only have Lowe to play as right back. If we had a decent right back - and Lowe was still playing I would think again about this particular conspiracy theory.

I would buy that theory if he hadn't named him as captain.

Archived