BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Wolves - The Game Itself Thread.

tomphil

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up to our eyeballs in the brown stuff.

We looked half decent at times but the overall quality is simply not there...a very poor Rovers side this,very fragile and nervous.

Yep, agreed .patchy quality.

Is enmes going back in January?

Any decent team would've been able to peg us back quite easily.

It was a gimme tonight and we nawsed it.

The fixture list had been fairly kind to us so far . I think Christmas will really kill us.

We're playing a centre mid at centre back and another one at left back .admittedly they played well, but it's not even November and were playing players out of position .

The injury list is bound to get worse ,the manager is appalling the squad is patchy and half of it is loans .

I'd put my money on relegation

• Backroom

Kelly is a Rovers fan isn't she? Seemed quite insistent on pushing the fan's side of things which was good to see. The stats on player sales, league position, mentioning Jerome Anderson, general coverage of the protests... more than I can ever remember Sky doing for us. The Kentaro link must be well and truly severed.

Yeah, very good game from Mulgrew. Especially considering his fitness issues and lack of match practice. Hopefully we can keep him fit for a couple more matches.

Agreed that he looked different class on the ball. Seemed to me he went off injured - so no doubt that's the last we'll see of him till Xmas.

• Backroom

Yep, agreed .patchy quality.

Is enmes going back in January?

Any decent team would've been able to peg us back quite easily.

It was a gimme tonight and we nawsed it.

The fixture list had been fairly kind to us so far . I think Christmas will really kill us.

We're playing a centre mid at centre back and another one at left back .admittedly they played well, but it's not even November and were playing players out of position .

The injury list is bound to get worse ,the manager is appalling the squad is patchy and half of it is loans .

I'd put my money on relegation

Mulgrew will be injured again before too long, ditto Guthrie. Greer is 35/36 so can't be expected to play every game. Emnes' loan ends in January. We've definitely got problems, number one being the owners.

What was said about Anderson ?

Holloway briefly brought him up and basically implied that he lied to Venky's in order to get them to buy the club, also indirectly said he was responsible for Allardyce being sacked. Kept repeating that Venky's didn't know about relegation, too.

Mulgrew will be injured again before too long, ditto Guthrie. Greer is 35/36 so can't be expected to play every game. Emnes' loan ends in January. We've definitely got problems, number one being the owners.

Holloway briefly brought him up and basically implied that he lied to Venky's in order to get them to buy the club, also indirectly said he was responsible for Allardyce being sacked. Kept repeating that Venky's didn't know about relegation, too.

Basically implied there was something seriously fishy about the whole takeover. SEM sports seems well and truly buried.

Draw was a fair result.

Whether you like him or not, Coyley has made some good sigings (and some indifferent!) in difficult circumstances.

We wont go down - we've too much quality compared to some of the clubs down there.

Pitiful if we only get a point on a day when Wigan overtook us

They made 3 subs before we made one, Coyle had the chance to make decisions to control the game and got outdone by an ametuer

Once again Coyle's subs changed the game in the opposition's favour. He's a useless manager that we are stuck with until Venkys leave.

A7045E81-71D6-4928-9342-9FF8FE27A9E9.jpg

• Backroom

Basically implied there was something seriously fishy about the whole takeover. SEM sports seems well and truly buried.

Indeed, they also brought up Lambert not wanting to stay here and the fact Venky's make people go to see them in India rather than come over here.

All small points but on the whole built a pretty damning picture. I didn't really expect Sky, of all companies, to give our situation that much attention. I suppose it makes for good drama and nothing to lose now that their links with SEM/Kentaro appear to be finished.

Kelly Dalglish clearly had an axe to grind regarding the state of the club. Fair play to her for pushing the issues. Even Holloway tried to do his bit and made reference to Anderson's lies (whilst casting glances looking for reassurance if it was ok to say that?!)

We got a fair crack of the whip from Sky today imo. It makes a change from having the p1ss taken out of us.

Kelly Dalglish clearly had an axe to grind regarding the state of the club. Fair play to her for pushing the issues. Even Holloway tried to do his bit and made reference to Anderson's lies (whilst casting glances looking for reassurance if it was ok to say that?!)

We got a fair crack of the whip from Sky today imo. It makes a change from having the p1ss taken out of us.

You could tell when she brought up about it being 21 years since we won the league, she really wasn't happy. Really glad she was presenting it!

Draw was a fair result.

Whether you like him or not, Coyley has made some good sigings (and some indifferent!) in difficult circumstances.

We wont go down - we've too much quality compared to some of the clubs down there.

Love your confidence but there's no chance we'll stay up. I think we'll be 7/8 points adrift come Xmas.

Draw was a fair result.Whether you like him or not, Coyley has made some good sigings (and some indifferent!) in difficult circumstances.We wont go down - we've too much quality compared to some of the clubs down there.

Are you a serial wind up merchant nowadays or what?

Perhaps the Sky/SEM link up has gone since the latter has seemingly been wound up. I guess there's no new company with the same people running it replacing SEM, supplying Sky with idiot pundits like Alky Merson either.

I dunno, I watched earlier and cock eyed Merson and snorting Charlie still made me want to spew.

Wolves should have been reduced to ten men in the first half, their goal was a mile offside in the build up and their keepers have each saved a certain Rovers goal (the one from Marshall was a worldie - Gallagher should have buried the second one).

Not sure about Lowe being man of the match - though he did have a decent game - for me it would have been Mulgrew, Lenihan, Guthrie or perhaps Gallagher just for his goal.

If Guthrie and Mulgrew stay fit we may actually have a chance of staying up. The margins in this league are fine, to say the least.

Archived