BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers named Family Club of the Year

What a fantastic achievement. We don't need to win football matches. That's not what's important. It's all about the family experience.

The irony is that it actually something the club have done very well and there are people at the club who deserve great credit for innovative thinking and trying to accommodate children. It has worked well this season.

The trouble is that nobody cares! We are heading for another relegation and may have no club in a couple of years so it's like handing out awards for the crèche aboard Titanic as the captain orders full steam ahead towards the iceberg.

Just now, Stuart said:

What a fantastic achievement. We don't need to win football matches. That's not what's important. It's all about the family experience.

The irony is that it actually something the club have done very well and there are people at the club who deserve great credit for innovative thinking and trying to accommodate children. It has worked well this season.

The trouble is that nobody cares! We are heading for another relegation and may have no club in a couple of years so it's like handing out awards for the crèche aboard Titanic as the captain orders full steam ahead towards the iceberg.

Kinda feels like getting Sportsperson of the Year award for your local Sunday team as a kid.

All credit to the staff involved, the unsung hero's that work in the background.

But I can't for the life of me understand how a club can move its family stand, uproot families that have sat in the same seats for years, and win a bleedin award for family club of the year!

:lol:

Just now, Gav said:

All credit to the staff involved, the unsung hero's that work in the background.

But I can't for the life of me understand how a club can move its family stand, uproot families that have sat in the same seats for years, and win a bleedin award for family club of the year!

IMG_0708.JPG

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

:lol:

And probably lost another several hundred fans in doing so.

Celebrating winning awards for setting up a room to play FIFA, using the club's social media accounts to advertise welding jobs.

The whole set up now reeks of the lower leagues, so at least we'll fit right in.

We used to be a club that existed to win football matches, to be the best town club in the country, now we exist for what? 

a big congratulations to all those involved, great achievement. However, i dont think we should celebrate this too much. Back in the John Williams days, when the club was run in a great and respectable way, we would have been very proud of this achievement. We still are, but its certainly not in the same way it was many years ago before the clowns came and took over

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

a big congratulations to all those involved, great achievement. However, i dont think we should celebrate this too much. Back in the John Williams days, when the club was run in a great and respectable way, we would have been very proud of this achievement. We still are, but its certainly not in the same way it was many years ago before the clowns came and took over

Really Iceman?

Its embarrassing in the context of where we stand as a club and the costs of even attending this thing , £5k per table etc  1st class travel , hotels etc is a joke. Even worse that smug Swiss Tony is down there to collect an award that about 3 clubs in our division probably even bothered entering. On what conceivable basis are we deserving of a Family Experience Award in the midst of massive discontent and protests. You might even think its a deliberate attempt to deflect from that by the authorities!!

They have probably gone to Town on this and relayed all the positive PR back to those goons in Pune who probably see it as the Club moving in a positive direction and that our fans clearly are very happy after all.

Its pathetic

Just now, TBTF said:

Really Iceman?

Its embarrassing in the context of where we stand as a club and the costs of even attending this thing , £5k per table etc  1st class travel , hotels etc is a joke. Even worse that smug Swiss Tony is down there to collect an award that about 3 clubs in our division probably even bothered entering. On what conceivable basis are we deserving of a Family Experience Award in the midst of massive discontent and protests. You might even think its a deliberate attempt to deflect from that by the authorities!!

They have probably gone to Town on this and relayed all the positive PR back to those goons in Pune who probably see it as the Club moving in a positive direction and that our fans clearly are very happy after all.

Its pathetic

Who is Swiss Tony?This moniker has come up before but I don't know who it is.

Just now, chor808 said:

Harry Enfield  from the 90s I think. YouTube it and you will soon understand.

OMG htf did I forget that - I used his catchphrase in a post on this MB a day or so ago. 

Mind you its a cool 38 C today and my head is boiling. That's my attempt at an excuse.

On 10/04/2017 at 9:36 AM, Mattyblue said:

Celebrating winning awards for setting up a room to play FIFA, using the club's social media accounts to advertise welding jobs.

The whole set up now reeks of the lower leagues, so at least we'll fit right in.

We used to be a club that existed to win football matches, to be the best town club in the country, now we exist for what? 

I'm really not sure, Matty.

Best we can hope for is that we are in hibernation, or inside some kind of protective chrysalis, to emerge one day, cold, hungry but Venkyless, and take our first tentative steps back towards being a Championship club again.

There is absolutely no sensible reason, as far as I can see, for Venkys not to hand us over to a concerned party for £1 and walk away.

Well done to The White Star Line on winning the award for the most stylish and comfortable cruise ship deckchairs.

No sarcasm there either. Genuine credit to those hardworking deckchair people. After all, they weren't responsible for the design of the ship or the ridiculously low number of lifeboats.

By the way, what will it take for some genuine wrath here? Or have we merely accommodated to accept ruination with a mere shrug before trudging away...to buy the next season ticket?

FOV!

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Well done to The White Star Line on winning the award for the most stylish and comfortable cruise ship deckchairs.

No sarcasm there either. Genuine credit to those hardworking deckchair people. After all, they weren't responsible for the design of the ship or the ridiculously low number of lifeboats.

By the way, what will it take for some genuine wrath here? Or have we merely accommodated to accept ruination with a mere shrug before trudging away...to buy the next season ticket?

FOV!

...let's see a graph showing numbers actually attending in the family stand for the last 6 years.

Archived