BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Nottingham Forest Away

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think there has been a confusion amongst our fans over the past few years about what a "must win" game is. The question is finally answered. It is tomorrow's game. 

Dead right we need 3 points tomorrow. The team can't afford to go forest and throw in the towel if they get ahead forest are strange can be good can terrible remind you of anyone. A win and if other teams lose around us pressure all on them. A loss and results don't go out we could be more a less relegated. 

Hopefully brings in ward at the back and tightens up the middle. We need to take the game to them and score first.

Won't make over. Give the lads a shout for me

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Wigan have a rare good day they win, when Forest have one they stuff someone. When we have one we contrive to throw it away and that's our story of this season. It isn't going to change in the last few weeks I don't think.

Raya

Brown Hoban Ward

Lowe                                      Williams

Akpan 

Mahoney        Bennett              Feeney 

Stokes

We switched to 3 at the back V Reading. I wonder could we go with it from the start today? I would like to see the above team 

Never been as pessimistic going into an away game. A real fear of dread that it will be all over today. Looks like away fans going into Notts county's social club which has been opened up. I've got a feeling I'm going to need several pints before and after. Eeek.

Come on you useless bunch of chancers. @#/? us all off for as long as I can remember. Fed up and disgusted with the lot of them. Yes Coyle was a total plank, but that doesn't stop the players giving their all and no-one can tell me they have tried their best at all times this year. We don't have a bottom three wage bill or expenditure, just a bottom three mentality. W*nk*rs.

We have all played in matches we were expected to lose, but team, spirit, shared goals, maximum effort, a touch of luck or a magic moment and bingo you have the unexpected victory. But you have to earn the right to play and be giving your all before that happens.

We deserve to go down and have occupied the relegation places most of the season. Disgraceful and embarrassing.

Venkys Out.

Just now, Waldo Woo said:

Never been as pessimistic going into an away game. A real fear of dread that it will be all over today. Looks like away fans going into Notts county's social club which has been opened up. I've got a feeling I'm going to need several pints before and after. Eeek.

Happy hour at Last Chance Saloon. 

Best of luck today to everyone making the trip. Surely the players have to be hurting after Saturday's debacile. 

Hopefully tm can motivate the players given the chips are down. There must be some kick left in them for last few games. 

Steele(if fit) 

Nyambe hoban ward William 

Mahoney Guthrie Lowe(I know) Conway 

Gallagher Jao 

Feeney akpan stokes raya emmes Brown 

I think today's game will tell us an awful lot about both Mowbray and our players.

Losing is a tad more palatable when you know the manager and the players have absolutely given 100%.  If their best isn't good enough then move them on.

Another pitiful performance today, after Barnsley, will hammer home the message that Mowbray is not the man for us.  It's Mowbray's responsibility to select the team, set them up properly with the right tactics and to motivate them; if he fails to do this then he has spectacularly failed.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray is talking today in the LT about character. In the short-term about selecting those that have it. In the longer term, recruitment needing to be about character as much as talent. Interesting. Make of it what you will. 

I've given up listening to what the management and players at our club have to say. You can bet that they'll take to the pitch and do the exact opposite. 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15224406._Not_many_would_be_coming_and_asking_why_they_are_not_playing____Tony_Mowbray_considering_more_Rovers_changes/?ref=mac

"The ones that want to stick their chests out want to train even harder and the ones who melt away, it’s part of football management. That’s why managers talk about recruiting the right characters, and when the chips are down people who actually grow and get stronger and get more in to the task in front of them"

TM sounds like he's just about had enough of the gutless performances Rovers have been putting in. I don't think he'll care too much that half the team are out of contract in the summer. 

He's hinting at 3 at the back today. I hope Wes Brown isn't any of them

COYB. A lucky win and we have hope.

TM certainly looked perplexed in the technical area last Saturday, almost as if a big realization had dawned on him. Like the owners a lot of these players are con jobs they probably smile politely and go through the motions in training, say the right things, listen to the right things but when the action gets going they melt away because their hearts just aren't really in it.

The constant recruiting of nice lads cost us doing what we should have done a few years ago and now the squad is a lot worse quality wise it's no wonder they all stand and shrug their shoulders at each other.

To be fair to TM he didn't put this shower together he's come into a club in shambles and inherited a sh*t squad half which are on loan, he has improved the performances (not including the Barnsley game) and to be fair gave us a bit of hope that we could stay up but has had his back against the wall with what he has to work with.

i think it's about time players where held accountable when they receive high wages, we get very quick to point the finger at management in football but in this case the players should be outed and reminded that they make good money but expect a lot of professionalism in return and we haven't gotten that from some of them who are prepared to throw in the towel and walk away at the end of the season, perhaps other clubs will see them for what they are gutless money grabbing who have no real desire.

i think TM (with a very limited budget) will draw in some players with a bit more character and introduce some of the youth and once he starts to shape the team the way the way he wants them we will hopefully have a decent season next year in L1. I like his honesty and it's something we appreciate after 7 year of BS

31 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

my impression was him distancing himself from the players

resigned to relegation

cant wait to get rid of this team and build his own... if he gets that far

rift starting now hes calling them out as yellow

every man for himself

not the best man management at this stage especially with all the loanees and out of contract players we have at the club

Just now, Athlete said:

not the best man management at this stage especially with all the loanees and out of contract players we have at the club

Well if he plays the players who are putting in the effort in training then he has man managed them well, if there are some prepared to throw in the towel at this stage when we need them most, what's the point in managing those cowards, I would prefer he focuses his time on those who do want to be there n who want to try salvage the situation.

Interesting to hear TMs thoughts on player attitudes. To be honest, I am not expecting them to give everything today, I expect a half arsed performance again. They will be nervous to start with and if we somehow have a lead entering the final 10 minutes and I think that will also have an impact on the end result. 

Archived