BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Nottingham Forest Away

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

After Saturday, the only players I actually hope are here next season are Bennett, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Mahoney, the youths.

I genuinely feel no attachment to the squad as a whole.

10 years ago, we had Friedel, Bert, Nelsen, Samba, Warnock, Bentley, Savage, Tugay, Pedersen, Santa, McCarthy. Along with Reid, Todd, Zurab, Mokoena, Ooijer, Gray, Roberts, Dunn.

I count 7 legitimate international captains there, but every one of them had leadership qualities.

Now we have... ?

Just now, Mike E said:

After Saturday, the only players I actually hope are here next season are Bennett, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Mahoney, the youths.

10 years ago, we had Friedel, Bert, Nelsen, Samba, Warnock, Bentley, Savage, Tugay, Pedersen, Santa, McCarthy. Along with Reid, Todd, Zurab, Mokoena, Ooijer, Gray, Roberts, Dunn.

I count 7 legitimate international captains there, but every one of them had leadership qualities.

Now we have... ?

That post makes me sad.

Just now, Mike E said:

Squad and a half that was, great team and great times. 

15 hours ago, Mike E said:

Now we have... ?

JASON LOWE !

14 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Oh for a Toddy in this squad. Would love to see him in the changing room post-match with a few of our rubber dinghy men. They'd be wheeled out of the stadium if they performed like they did on Saturday.

Todd, Mokoena, Savage, Nelsen... these guys would bleed for the shirt, now we have bloody fairies who still cant pass a ball

49 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

LOL I see what you did there.

I expect at least one call to arms from TM and a player each day in the LT. 

Very understandable.

I wonder which day will be our Captain's turn. Friday makes sense or maybe Thursday.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Mahoney will have a good career but probably not at Rovers or the PL in view of how it has developed and its usage of foreigner labour.

Mahoney will do what the likes of Paul Gallagher has done at lower division teams.. Oh wait!

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

And, according to Brown it was always going to be hard to come back from two goals down against a young Barnsley side who will run around and graft.

How dare they, the temerity of it.

18 minutes ago, Steve1 said:

Mahoney isn't anything to rave about i don't rate him at all 

We shouldn't really be expecting much though at the min but the situation we are in people are pinning their hopes on this raw nowhere near fully developed 19/20 year old. The end product isn't there but really who else on Saturday in that entire team looked like they might do something or actually really tried to do something ?

Rather easy answer..........non.

19 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Complete rethink needed.

....................Raya

Nyambe Hoban Williams Doyle

....................Guthrie

Feeney Bennett Tomlinson Conway

......................Joao

Updated team:

....................Raya

Nyambe Hoban Ward Williams

Feeney Bennett Tomlinson Joao

...................Stokes

Just now, RV Blue said:

Updated team:

....................Raya

Nyambe Hoban Ward Williams

Feeney Bennett Tomlinson Joao

...................Stokes

Interesting team. I would prefer it over your first attempt. Joao left mid though, you think he could do a job there? 

We really need to do something though. I remember in the Euros Ireland needed to beat Italy to qualify from the group stages. Martin O'Neill made a load of changes to the starting 11 and we got the win. I believe we are in a similar situation.  

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Interesting team. I would prefer it over your first attempt. Joao left mid though, you think he could do a job there? 

We really need to do something though. I remember in the Euros Ireland needed to beat Italy to qualify from the group stages. Martin O'Neill made a load of changes to the starting 11 and we got the win. I believe we are in a similar situation.  

I think Mowbray said something about him coming in off the left. Pretty sure he played on the left against Norwich? Not sure how he can be any worse than Conway etc. anyway.

Yeah we do, sticking with the serial failures isn't going to work. Tomlinson has to play.

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

And, according to Brown it was always going to be hard to come back from two goals down against a young Barnsley side who will run around and graft.

How dare they, the temerity of it.

How much is Wes Brown nose ripping off Rovers every week....and his agent as well no doubt?  :angry:

Archived