BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Nottingham Forest Away

Just now, Parsonblue said:

To be honest chaddy, I didn't see it as a 3-4-2-1 system.  Seemed a normal back four with Mahoney, Lowe Akpan and Feeney in the midfield and Bennett playing in the hole behind Gallagher.  Second half he switched Mahoney and Bennett and although Stokes came on to partner Gallagher at one point, Stokes tended to operate more on the left of midfield for much of the time, helping out defensively.  Agree that Mowbray got it spot on yesterday and the changes worked with Raya and Ward being excellent.  I thought Bennett was terrific in both positions he was asked to play.

The win was deserved. Bennett was terrific and just imagine if he had played all season. His performances have improved all season. 

Raya must now be number 1 from now on. He has waiting for his chances and now got it and performed. 

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The win was deserved. Bennett was terrific and just imagine if he had played all season. His performances have improved all season. 

Raya must now be number 1 from now on. He has waiting for his chances and now got it and performed. 

I think TM is the man to reward good performances with starts, after scoring off the bench twice he gave Joao a couple of starts n same with Mahoney. I hope he does the same with Raya. He's also quicker to drop some one who isn't performing too (apart from Lowe) when he did give Joao the starts n did nothing he wasn't slow to drop him back to the bench, but I suppose we are in a situation where we can't afford to have anyone on the pitch who isn't performing.

• Moderation Lead

Bennett was superb yesterday, glad he's finally getting some game time again. (Also, when he scores, he only seems to score bangers as well!) 

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

I think you need to go and see someone.

Such overconfidence in our current situation isn't admirable, it's arrogant and foolish.

One game at a time.

It's called instinct and applies in all walks of life and has served me pretty well so far in all walks of life.. 

Just now, Mercer said:

It's called instinct and applies in all walks of life and has served me pretty well so far in all walks of life.. 

Venkys have been here about 4 years longer than your instinct!

Just now, Mercer said:

To be fair you have said all along we will stay up. I must say I was in agreement in the main and following your reasoning. Fingers crossed it comes to pass but there is no denying it is way too close to call at this stage and unfortunately 'gut feelings' simply will not cut the mustard. We do not have a bottom three wage bill or squad, but did have a bottom three manager and mentality and have now left it very late to extricate ourselves from trouble.

3 wins, 5 draws and 3 defeats is a decent return for a bottom three club, bereft of confidence and in serious trouble. Need to find two more wins and maybe a draw or two from somewhere and hope other results go our way.

I must say I am finding this season quite exciting for all the wrong reasons of course. Much more interesting than plodding about in mid-table, although the stakes are a tad high simply for some end of season interest.

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If everyone on here had followed your instincts with cold hard cash it wouldn't have served them well at all i'm afraid :o

12 hours ago, Mercer said:

Just look at the fixtures of all those in danger.

By Monday night, we will be out of the bottom three.  In two weeks time, fans will realise it was just a bad dream.

On today's match I won £70 (net of incorrect score and first goal scorer)  and tonight I've placed that on Rovers to stay up at evens; I am that confident.

You have been very honest and open about your predictions and us staying up even more than me. you even have more faith and believe than me

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Such overconfidence in our current situation isn't admirable, it's arrogant and foolish.

One game at a time.

Stuart, He has his beliefs and confidence.

You called it arrogant and foolish but Mercer will call it confidence and faith.

From my point of view, I'm taking it game by game and trying not even to look to next season at all apart from renewing my ST

3 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

To be honest chaddy, I didn't see it as a 3-4-2-1 system.  Seemed a normal back four with Mahoney, Lowe Akpan and Feeney in the midfield and Bennett playing in the hole behind Gallagher.  Second half he switched Mahoney and Bennett and although Stokes came on to partner Gallagher at one point, Stokes tended to operate more on the left of midfield for much of the time, helping out defensively.  Agree that Mowbray got it spot on yesterday and the changes worked with Raya and Ward being excellent.  I thought Bennett was terrific in both positions he was asked to play.

It wasn't 3 at the back, don't know where he has got that from. Although towards the end Bennett was acting as another right back for some reason.

Just now, RV Blue said:

It wasn't 3 at the back, don't know where he has got that from. Although towards the end Bennett was acting as another right back for some reason.

Well it looks like it tbh. 

Plus Kevin Gallagher reported it during yesterday game. 

KG tweet Little whispers telling me @OneRovers could play 3-4-2-1 @Official_NFFC #surpriseelement https://t.co/3ZsqZtNc74

But in all honest who cares about formation we won. Thats all that matters at the end of the day

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

One game at a time.

Yep,didn't Mercerman predict a crushing defeat for Barnsley at Ewood?

We have barely been able to put in back to back wins all season.

On 15/04/2017 at 8:27 AM, Mercer said:

By Monday night, we will be out of the bottom three.  In two weeks time, fans will realise it was just a bad dream.

On today's match I won £70 (net of incorrect score and first goal scorer)  and tonight I've placed that on Rovers to stay up at evens; I am that confident.

:(:unsure::rolleyes:!!!

On 4/14/2017 at 11:27 PM, Mercer said:

:wstu:

On 14/04/2017 at 11:27 PM, Mercer said:

This is surely a parody account??

Archived