BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Nottingham Forest Away

3 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Ben Benson, the Under-23/Academy, goalkeeping coach took over on a temporary basis until the end of the season.  He continues to work with the Under-23's and presumably Mowbray will appoint his own goalkeeping coach in the summer.

Who the hell is Ben Benson?

Never heard of the guy.  Has he ever kicked a ball in anger for anyone in his life?

This has been one of Rovers' problems since ownership changed - a constant dumbing down of coaching staff.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, preston blue said:

Is anyone aware if it is pay on the day please?

I rang Forest ticket office yesterday. Definitely pay on the day for all home areas.

Tickets will be on sale for the Rovers end on the day IF Rovers return their unsold tickets if there are any.

I was told to ring back today (Thursday) and they would be able to say how many tickets available on the day for Rovers end

For some reason, certainly not one that can really be rationalised but more of a gut feel, I am not as pessimistic as most on here about tomorrow.

Said all along, there will be twists and turns and I am not writing us off at all.

It's going to be tough.  A tad trite but when the going gets tough, the tough get going.

My team to pull off an unexpected 2-1 win:

Raya / Nyamba, Ward, Hoban, Williams / Mahoney, Guthrie, Akpan, Feeney / Bennett / Gallagher

I would play Raya whether Steele is fit or not.  Ward over Brown is a no brainer.  Lowe MUST be dropped - a chocolate teapot player and captain.  Guthrie is at least comfortable on the ball and looks to go forward with it.  Akpan will be a physical presence and we need him to smash one or two and rattle a few cages.  Wouldn't be fair to throw Tomlinson into this one.  Bennett to play the number 10 role where he has an eye for a goal and can be a creative force.  We will get more out of Gallagher than either Emnes or Joao. 

Happy Easter.

3 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Ben Benson, the Under-23/Academy, goalkeeping coach took over on a temporary basis until the end of the season.  He continues to work with the Under-23's and presumably Mowbray will appoint his own goalkeeping coach in the summer.

Is he the kid that has never been a professional keeper before, from Carlisle? We definitely have one keeper coach who has never played at a decent standard before. You'd have thought that'd be a prerequisite for the job!

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

I rang Forest ticket office yesterday. Definitely pay on the day for all home areas.

Tickets will be on sale for the Rovers end on the day IF Rovers return their unsold tickets if there are any.

I was told to ring back today (Thursday) and they would be able to say how many tickets available on the day for Rovers end

Thanks.  If need be I will sit with the Forest fans.

Just now, Mercer said:

Who the hell is Ben Benson?

Never heard of the guy.  Has he ever kicked a ball in anger for anyone in his life?

This has been one of Rovers' problems since ownership changed - a constant dumbing down of coaching staff.

He was a goalkeeping coach at Carlisle and has been at the Rovers for about three years working with the Under-23's and Under-18's.  If the progress of Andy Fisher is anything to go by then the lad clearly knows what he is doing in terms of bringing on young 'keepers.  His promotion to first team goalkeeping coach is only until Mowbray sorts the position out in the summer. 

I don't think anyone can say with any sort of confidence what the score will be tomorrow, as OJW said earlier, most of us thought we'd get back to winning ways against Barnsley and we know how that one worked out....

Rubber dinghy men about to abandon ship, Forest to win 2-0

Hope I'm wrong.

Raya

Lowe Hoban Ward Williams

Mahoney Guthrie Akpan Feeney

Bennett

Stokes

It was tight between Feeney and Conway, but I would have Feeney there for his pace. 

Lowe right back, I know.. Well he isn't going to be dropped so I would prefer to see him there. 

If Stokes is in a semi right frame of behind I would take a chance on him after he scored 2 the other night for the U23s against West Brom. Bring Joao on later in the game. 

I think we need to roll the dice. 

Huddersfield sold out last weekend at Forest, 2000 in total after taking up a second allocation, so I'm presuming that's our allocation too. Around 1600 sold as of yesterday. How fitting would it be for 1875 of us to witness the final nail in the coffin tomorrow..

I remember being stood behind the goal at Ewood watching a disappointing Blackburn lose to Wigan and confirm relegation from the Premier League. 

Tomorrow I will be stood behind the goal at Forest, expecting to witness a similar disappointing performance that will almost certain condemn Rovers to another relegation.  

41 minutes ago, Sedman said:

Huddersfield sold out last weekend at Forest, 2000 in total after taking up a second allocation, so I'm presuming that's our allocation too. Around 1600 sold as of yesterday. How fitting would it be for 1875 of us to witness the final nail in the coffin tomorrow..

Fantastic show by the away fans! I hope the players put on the performance the fans deserve.

:rover:

• Backroom
9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ben Benson from.the academy/under 23's. 

Mowbray has said he will bring one in permanent in the summer. Who? I dont know tbh. Maybe Dean Kiely from Norwich. Was his GK coach during Mowbray's time at WBA. 

So no downgrade at all. But you clearly have a problem with our coaches at the academy and promote from within

Chaddy removing the goalie coach and adding responsibility to someone else already in situ IS a downgrade.

It's a loss of one staff member.

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So no downgrade at all. But you clearly have a problem with our coaches at the academy and promote from within

Sorry!? Could you reiterate and confirm with any substantiation prior to my intial post of this? Quite an outlandish and un-substantive accusation to make Chaddy so you've got me intrigued?

Please identify what qualifies you to make that quoted statement please.

However i will qualify my own beliefs that Mike E is indeed in his assertion above.

34 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Chaddy removing the goalie coach and adding responsibility to someone else already in situ IS a downgrade.

It's a loss of one staff member.

Was Phil Hughes doing any good really? Steele's kicking was awful and never improve Under Hughes coaching. 

As ParsonBlue said previously look at Fisher and the improvement. Or Raya. Raya was good on Monday and people from this MB and Mowbray's comments back this up. 

Also I would rather promote talent coaches from within then bring in rubbish like Stewart, Henry and Hughes. 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Sorry!? Could you reiterate and confirm with any substantiation prior to my intial post of this? Quite an outlandish and un-substantive accusation to make Chaddy so you've got me intrigued?

Please identify what qualifies you to make that quoted statement please.

However i will qualify my own beliefs that Mike E is indeed in his assertion above.

Sorry, my comment was unfair and not warrented. Please accept my apology. But I say that I rather promote from within if talent enough than bring in rubbish under Coyle

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry, my comment was unfair and not warrented. Please accept my apology. But I say that I rather promote from within if talent enough than bring in rubbish under Coyle

Don't be daft, no apology required! You've got consider though sharing resources essentially with another team and training programme at this level isn't ideal, it's spreading resources to thinly on the ground to save a few pennies. Mowbray would have been best maximising his own recruitment selection and spending every minute of precious training time during this period of calender with everyone with experienced coaching at this level and with subsequent numbers squeezing every bit out of everyone.

Missed opportunity which may have made a difference to save what approx 15k? Cheston and co quickly racking up these mistakes.

Archived