BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Nottingham Forest Away

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Significant Statistics(league form only)

Nottm Forest
22 out of 41 games conceding 2 or more goals
Only 7 clean sheets this season
Only 4 home clean sheets this season

Blackburn
7 games since a win
Only 12 games scoring 2 or more goals
Only 6 clean sheets this season
11 games since an away win
Only 5 games scoring 2 or more away goals
11 out of 20 games conceding 2 or more away goals
Only 1 away clean sheet this season

HOME 5/4
DRAW 23/10
AWAY 9/4

Bookies have this as a very tight affair not taking any chances with either result but if Forest get an early goal I feel this could well game over more so if they play 3-5-2 and neutralise any threat we have going forward.

Im sticking to 1-0 Forest.

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

What is most worrying is that they have come off the back off an incredible performance.

When was the last time we played really well and won a game? Honest question. 

I think it was a 5-2 win, ironically vs Barnsley at Ewood.

Just now, Mike E said:

I think it was a 5-2 win, ironically vs Barnsley at Ewood.

Was that when Rhodes scored 2? I actually remember that. About 2 years ago under Bowyer if I am not mistaken?

This season we have clung on by the skin of our teeth in the games we won. I just never feel confident when we are in the lead. 

Just now, preston blue said:

I reckon Rovers will win easy.  I heard a rumour that someone is going to put superglue on the home changing room toilet seats.

They would unscrew the toilet seats and run around with them stuck to their arses and still maybe flush us down the toilet.

The one bright spark about the second half of the season and he's being vilified. Some folk deserve 11 Jason Lowes. The ball would be a negative magnetic pole surrounded by 11 negative magnetic poles, like some warped, sci-fi version of pinball but at least those channels would get a good sweep.

Mahoney actually wants the ball and is prepared to take it forward, winning fouls and will step up to take set pieces. Coyle did as much damage to Mahoney's development as he did to Rovers' Championship prospects.

I think some are just getting their sour grapes in early for when he leaves. "No great loss".

• Moderation Lead

People never learn re players leaving. Whenever any of our players have left they've been replaced with players of inferior quality. The same comments on Mahoney were said about Duffy, Hanley, Marshall, Cairney....

Duffy, Hanley, Marshall and Cairney were streets ahead of Mahoney!

He's young and raw and offers absolutely nothing to Rovers when has hasn't got the ball. We simply aren't good enough to carry him for 90 minutes. Perhaps he will blossom in later years but, in this poor team, he's a luxury we can't afford.

• Glenn changed the title to Next Game: Nottingham Forest Away
Just now, JohnD said:

He's young and raw and offers absolutely nothing to Rovers when has hasn't got the ball. We simply aren't good enough to carry him for 90 minutes. Perhaps he will blossom in later years but, in this poor team, he's a luxury we can't afford.

The lad is raw but he certainly has talent and is a potential game changer.

I'm more concerned what he does WITH the ball as he is capable of wreaking havoc with the opposition.  With game time, experience and good coaching, he will develop into a far better player when not in possession.

The lad is now 20 and hasn't made the progress he should have as the likes of Bowyer, Coyle and, to a lesser degree,  Mowbray have appallingly denied him the opportunities his talent deserves.

I think, yet again, Rovers have made an absolute horlicks of his development and substantially undervalued him.  No wonder the lad seems to want away.

• Backroom

Lost interest now, not even a glimmer of hope remains. 

3-0 followed by us limping out of the league on Monday complete with a dingle flyover 

Just now, JohnD said:

So you suggest what ?

Just now, JohnD said:

Happy to discuss football or any other subject with you when you are mature enough to converse sensibly but for now I find you boring, That's just my opinion though.

I'll refer you to your first answer to me asking what you suggest after you'd basically written off Mahoney. There is a large hint of irony in the above don't you think ?  Then you have the nerve to complain about people disagreeing.

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The lad is raw but he certainly has talent and is a potential game changer.

I'm more concerned what he does WITH the ball as he is capable of wreaking havoc with the opposition.  With game time, experience and good coaching, he will develop into a far better player when not in possession.

The lad is now 20 and hasn't made the progress he should have as the likes of Bowyer, Coyle and, to a lesser degree,  Mowbray have appallingly denied him the opportunities his talent deserves.

I think, yet again, Rovers have made an absolute horlicks of his development and substantially undervalued him.  No wonder the lad seems to want away.

Not much there for me to disagree with. On Saturday he put two great crosses in that were worthy of a goal at the end of them. Barnsley managed him reasonably well and I just feel that when the chips are down we don't have the players to support carrying him for the full 90 minutes.

Just now, tomphil said:

I'll refer you to your first answer to me asking what you suggest after you'd basically written off Mahoney. There is a large hint of irony in the above don't you think ?  Then you have the nerve to complain about people disagreeing.

No, I didn't write him off and that's why I suggested you re-read what was written.

I'm sorry but you do bore me.

Just now, JohnD said:

No, I didn't write him off and that's why I suggested you re-read what was written.

I'm sorry but you do bore me.

If I said you where boring i'd honestly be lying because you aren't even that interesting. Now just give me a swerve if you can't answer basic questions it's in the best interests of the board I think.

Archived