BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Alex Bruce has signed for Bury on a non contract basis and makes his debut at Wigan today. He will still be up for grabs on such a deal. He would be ideal given his experience and our desperation for a decent centre half.

And he has just scored on his debut.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Butty said:

Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Wharton,Mulgrew, Bennett, Smallwood,Evans,Conway, Samuel, Antonsson. That's how I'd be starting next Saturday if possible.

I just fear that him having a pot load of midfielders on the books he's going to keep trying ways to accommodate them for now until someone takes Evans.  That in mind it'll likely  be someone in the hole behind 1 up top again :(

Think we'll only see 442 later in games depending on what's going on when he tries to stretch teams by bringing on Chapman & a striker. I had a hope he'd do that on Sat after 10 mins of second half but obviously any plans went to pieces.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I just fear that him having a pot load of midfielders on the books he's going to keep trying ways to accommodate them for now until someone takes Evans.  That in mind it'll likely  be someone in the hole behind 1 up top again :(

Think we'll only see 442 later in games depending on what's going on when he tries to stretch teams by bringing on Chapman & a striker. I had a hope he'd do that on Sat after 10 mins of second half but obviously any plans went to pieces.

I agree, so many midfielders. He will obviously start Whittingham so my line up is not going too happen. Dack clearly won't fit into a 4-4-2 we've signed a good few players but no out and out wingers if you ask me. Chapman is not an out and out up and down wide player and neither is gladwin, our squad is over loaded with too many of the same type of attacking midfielder. Worrying times. Can't keep them all happy.

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Alex Bruce has signed for Bury on a non contract basis and makes his debut at Wigan today. He will still be up for grabs on such a deal. He would be ideal given his experience and our desperation for a decent centre half.

He was here before and his dad whipped him out of here PDQ due to the issues over the Savage transfer. Don't see him ever coming back here.

I think Mowbray wants to play a narrow 4-2-3-1. His signings suggest that. Midfielders by the skip load but no real wingers.

I think Southend game scared him, he then lost Lenihan and realised he didn't have two good Centre Halves worth the name so he panicked and went with essentially 5 defenders yesterday and 3 central midfielders without an attacking bone between them....at home to Doncaster

He may just forfeit the game before kick-off at Bradford.

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Under 21's signings

✍???

Rovers have strengthened their goalkeeping ranks with the signings of Charlie Albinson and Aaron Dillon. ?⚪️➡️ https://t.co/tD96jPKOyK https://t.co/QJtKEZna6J

Obviously brought in to replace Powell and Ascroft who left at the end of last season.  However, both are too old for the Under-18's and will be vying with each other to sit on the bench for the Under-23's where Fisher will be the regular 'keeper with Leutwiler getting the odd game.  Hopefully, Fisher will get a loan move at some point to further his development.  Both these lads played at Darwen and Marine in pre-season.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Obviously brought in to replace Powell and Ascroft who left at the end of last season.  However, both are too old for the Under-18's and will be vying with each other to sit on the bench for the Under-23's where Fisher will be the regular 'keeper with Leutwiler getting the odd game.  Hopefully, Fisher will get a loan move at some point to further his development.  Both these lads played at Darwen and Marine in pre-season.

thanks for the info.

Looking forward to the under 23's game tomorrow night at Ewood Park

3 hours ago, Butty said:

I agree, so many midfielders. He will obviously start Whittingham so my line up is not going too happen. Dack clearly won't fit into a 4-4-2 we've signed a good few players but no out and out wingers if you ask me. Chapman is not an out and out up and down wide player and neither is gladwin, our squad is over loaded with too many of the same type of attacking midfielder. Worrying times. Can't keep them all happy.

So we pay £750k for Dack and we don't know where he fits in??!!!! It could only happen at Ewood.If Mowbray has spent £750k on one player ie 3 times as much as we have spent in last 3 windows and doesn't know where to fit him in he should clear his desk now.

wont be long before people are asking who Mowbray agent is and who represents these signings!!! Maybe that was " the backing of his plan"!!!why else would you overdose in central midfielders ?? Please god no, not more dodgy stuff.

4 hours ago, Butty said:

We've been overloaded with midfielders of various description before last time they let a manager sign a load of players. That resulted in the most ineffective of the lot being first name on the sheet then being shunted to right back and back again before injury put him out, We had the potential best one stuck on the right, the one who allegedly could make a good no ten and was right footed on the left and many more examples of what looked like accommodating players 1st whilst trying to find a winning formula 2nd.

Just holds the team back from any kind of development or style of play and you have to ask what goes on inside Ewood when this kind of thing keeps happening, who's telling who to do what ?

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Completely unnecessary dig/comment at Chaddy

Same people on here always with unnecessary pathetic comments and digs. Bored of the same people with the same sort comments. 

Its no wonder my ignore list is now over 20 people now. 

3 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

Suhail is the gaffer

If you can find him you can ask him

Yes that football powerhouse , Pasha. No wonder we are in the sh1te with him and Chestnut running the show.

I don't think we are overloaded with midfielders, and we must be careful looking for things to be suspicious about because it can devalue it when it's more likely.

We have three centre mids and Dark is an attacking mid.  I don't think we need another because we have Tomlinson coming through.

Where we might have a problem is if TM has promised the 3 they will usually play as we only need two in there.

Having a go at Chaddy all the time similarly devalues the times it is legitimate.

5 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

I don't think we are overloaded with midfielders, and we must be careful looking for things to be suspicious about because it can devalue it when it's more likely.

We have three centre mids and Dark is an attacking mid.  I don't think we need another because we have Tomlinson coming through.

Where we might have a problem is if TM has promised the 3 they will usually play as we only need two in there.

Having a go at Chaddy all the time similarly devalues the times it is legitimate.

We're certainly overloaded with midfielders if midfielders masquerading as centre halves revert to their natural and most effective positions.

We need Centre halves, nasty uncompromising buggers with no teeth and a tattooed face and forehead, that the opposition will hate playing against!

4 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

Tomlinson and Smallwood are the same.  Obviously Tony doesn't think Tomlinson is any good or he would't have bought the very average smallwood.  Says it all about Tomlinson, as with the rest of our youth.  Just not good enough.  We need a quality loan from a Premier League team cos at this rate with Whittingham looks a bad buy, Evans is never fit and the rest are poor.  I actually do think we could find a couple of local non league players to do a better job in midfield.   Worried

4 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

We're certainly overloaded with midfielders if midfielders masquerading as centre halves revert to their natural and most effective positions.

We need Centre halves, nasty uncompromising buggers with no teeth and a tattooed face and forehead, that the opposition will hate playing against!

About Lenihan and Mulgrew I wouldn't disagree, I was making the point that I didn't think it was dodgy.

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Tomlinson and Smallwood are the same.  Obviously Tony doesn't think Tomlinson is any good or he would't have bought the very average smallwood.  Says it all about Tomlinson, as with the rest of our youth.  Just not good enough.  We need a quality loan from a Premier League team cos at this rate with Whittingham looks a bad buy, Evans is never fit and the rest are poor.  I actually do think we could find a couple of local non league players to do a better job in midfield.   Worried

Although I've not seen a lot of Tomlinson, what I have seen I liked and I think Smallwood only has experience and game management on him.  I wouldn't have signed Smallwood but he is here now, as are Whittingham and Evans (I think he is too injury prone for someone to buy).  I'd be happy for Mulgrew to move forward and for us to bring in the nasty bugger centre back mentioned above.

8 hours ago, darrenrover said:

It used to be said that you couldn't be a centre half unless you'd had your nose broken a few times. I see Chiellini and that is how one should look.

A few years ago I was outside Ewood before a match and I came across Frank Barlow who I knew well from his time as assistant manager to the likes of Steve Bruce and Trevor Francis. He was actually scouting for Bruce and looking at a centre half. Now Frank was real old school and told me that on the previous Saturday he had gone to scout a centre half but when the team's came out the player had blonde streaks in his hair and pink boots. He watched for twenty minutes and left with his report recommending not to pursue this player.

9 hours ago, darrenrover said:

We certainly do. Out and out centre backs who will flatten a forward every time they go up for a header and will win it, then lay it off.  We are in League One, we don't need to unearth some international class defender, just some animal who can do the absolute basics of using his body and strength to keep the ball away from the goal.

36 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It used to be said that you couldn't be a centre half unless you'd had your nose broken a few times. I see Chiellini and that is how one should look.

A few years ago I was outside Ewood before a match and I came across Frank Barlow who I knew well from his time as assistant manager to the likes of Steve Bruce and Trevor Francis. He was actually scouting for Bruce and looking at a centre half. Now Frank was real old school and told me that on the previous Saturday he had gone to scout a centre half but when the team's came out the player had blonde streaks in his hair and pink boots. He watched for twenty minutes and left with his report recommending not to pursue this player.

Image result for tony mowbray middlesbrough

Archived