BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Not just talk !!!

Why ?

Because it's been (talked about) by the Sun ..... ?

If it goes through at that price it's a decent deal, I said he's a 1.5 million + add ons punt so not to far away.  Wages might be the sticking point but if Preston are in again for him i'm sure he'll end up with a better deal here.

Guardiola is mates with Bielsa so like with Harrison I would expect Leeds are in the driving seat for any City youngsters. I'm not fussed really as I think there are more pressing concerns to deal with over the next 6 days before worrying about kids on loan. We need another 3 or 4 quality additions in the house by the time the window shuts on Thursday.

'Sky Sources' quite often means one of their employees has found a story on twitter and decided to put it on their own news network.

53 minutes ago, J*B said:

Where is he playing though? I hope we're not playing 3m to play him left wing if we could have Maddison playing left wing for 2.5m.

Either wing or up front depending which formation we play. Graham up front With Palmer, Dack and Armstrong behind him. 

Clearly Maddison isnt a target is he? 

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Guardiola is mates with Bielsa so like with Harrison I would expect Leeds are in the driving seat for any City youngsters. I'm not fussed really as I think there are more pressing concerns to deal with over the next 6 days before worrying about kids on loan. We need another 3 or 4 quality additions in the house by the time the window shuts on Thursday.

'Sky Sources' quite often means one of their employees has found a story on twitter and decided to put it on their own news network.

Would Nmecha not fall into the category of a quality addition? Absolute rave reviews from city fans about him. I don't think we will win the battle with those teams for him personally though, unfortunately 

Sky sources are about as reliable as an anonymous poster writing something on here 

Armstrong for £2-3 Million would be a good deal a 21 year old whose an Under 21 international. One good season in the Championship and his value will go to around £10 Million, just look at Waghorn 28 years old one good season at this level in his career and now said to be moving for around £7-8 Million. As well as Armstrong though I would still like to see another striker, centre back & natural winger brought in.

Edited by Ewood Ace

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Would Nmecha not fall into the category of a quality addition? Absolute rave reviews from city fans about him. I don't think we will win the battle with those teams for him personally though, unfortunately 

Sky sources are about as reliable as an anonymous poster writing something on here 

Nmecha is untested at senior level.Obviously highly rated but still a risk.I wouldn't be celebrating the loan signing of an untested 19 year old.

We had that last summer with Harper...headline when he signed 'Rovers land Premier league wonderkid".Look how that turned out 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Either wing or up front depending which formation we play. Graham up front With Palmer, Dack and Armstrong behind him. 

Clearly Maddison isnt a target is he? 

I'm not sure. I am interested in knowing why Alan Shearer is currently stood at the gates at Brockhall, though.

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Cautionary tale

Nixon just tweeted that Leeds are now in for Nmecha from city. He says it is between ;us, Leeds, Swansea and WBA. Leeds is where Pep wants him to go. 

He tweeted the other day that he was off to Swansea 

Tune changed. Aye.

Bit in paper. mAYEbe 

I wouldnt him.hrre

35 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yes this season he will be loaned out but like I asked why are you thinking we will sign Ripley when Mowbray said he wanted an experienced keeper?

I think Ripley has the making out a good keeper. Him and Raya fighting would be good competition..

If we sign an experience keeper great. 

Just now, islander200 said:

Nmecha is untested at senior Mendes.Obviously highly rated but still a risk.I wouldn't be celebrating the loan signing of an untested 19 year old.

We had that last summer with Harper...headline when he signed 'Rovers land Premier league wonderkid".Look how that turned out 

True enough but he does seem to be more highly rated,  Pep loves Bielsa so if he does go to Leeds you'd imagine Pep recommended him, I've never seen him play but if he can hold the ball up and score goals he'll be a coup.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I'm still not sure Armstrong is quite good enough. I feel like he's too small to play up top on his own, hasn't got enough goals to be considered a second striker and didn't look comfortable on the wing to me. I'd much rather we where signing a genuine striker or a genuine winger.

We still need a like-for-like for Graham but Armstrong does give us other options. He can play alongside Graham or the like-for-like during games if TM needs to change things up and wants two up top. From what I gather Maddison is an out and out winger only. Would still love it if he also signed though.

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is he? 

Im.at the cinema just about to watch Mission Impossible fallout. 

Thanks - we were wondering what your exact whereabouts were.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 9

9 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

True enough but he does seem to be more highly rated,  Pep loves Bielsa so if he does go to Leeds you'd imagine Pep recommended him, I've never seen him play but if he can hold the ball up and score goals he'll be a coup.

My sister's fella is a season ticket holder and his dad watches the youth team quite a bit and they rave about him.

Wouldn't be unhappy with him signing but still wouldn't be celebrating the loan signing of a 19 year old who has minimal first team experience 

• Like 1

Armstrong all but completed then. At the numbers being talked about, I think that’s a real bargain. A young player with lots of pace and an eye for goal. 

I do feel a front three of Dack, Armstrong, and Palmer behind Graham is pretty strong. Lots of pace, trickery and match winners in there. We do need a target man to come in too, Graham won’t last the whole season. I also feel we need one more attacking player to replace Payne. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

Armstrong all but completed then. At the numbers being talked about, I think that’s a real bargain. A young player with lots of pace and an eye for goal. 

I do feel a front three of Dack, Armstrong, and Palmer behind Graham is pretty strong. Lots of pace, trickery and match winners in there. We do need a target man to come in too, Graham won’t last the whole season. I also feel we need one more attacking player to replace Payne

I think that'd be Rothwell tbh

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I've no idea what Nmecha is. He might well be quality but I always approach rave reviews of teenagers who have spent their time playing in academies and reserve football with extreme caution. Supporters of clubs naturally are biased in favour of their own academy lads as we often are on here being desperate for them to succeed and go on to be great players.

I think Sky Sources amount to a couple of blokes sat on twitter all day looking at rumours.

I feel armstrong can be even better this season. We were the big fish last year and most teams sat deep against us.

You can be sure we wont ge that respect this year, we will spend a lot more time deeper ourselves and defending. Thats where his pace can be used a lot more on the break this season.

Wasnt always any space for him to use last year

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I think that'd be Rothwell tbh

Slightly different to Payne, but i've liked the look of him in pre season, one of the better performers