BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Just now, Swanson said:

52.4.1 A maximum of 5 Players registered on a Temporary Loan Transfer can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This maximum shall reduce to 4 Players where a Club names a Player on the team sheet who is registered on an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan; and

52.4.2 No Club may sign more than 4 Players on a Temporary Loan Transfer from another Club (or club) in any Season, of which no more than 2 Players may be over the age of 23. The deadline for determining a Player’s age in this respect shall be as at the 30th June prior to the Season in which the Temporary Loan Transfer is intended to take place. Any Temporary Loan Transfer which subsequently becomes a permanent transfer (which can occur any time during the period of the Temporary Loan Transfer) shall not count against a Club’s quota of such Temporary Loan Transfers for that Season.

Thanks. 

So 5 in the match day squad. 

Not many clubs will loan out players if they are not going to be getting minutes or even make the matchday squad - not ones they rate anyway. Will only be those they want off the wage bill and do not care about. 

All three of ours will be be competing for a first team spot, so really can only see two more players potentially coming in. Which positions do we fill with them?

I don't think a keeper should be a priority at this stage thats one for January. A loan for Fisher can wait till then.

Rodwell is the 4th centre back, whether you like it or not. We will be going back in for Bauer in January with Downing going back down to league one.

Brereton by the sounds of it could be done today so thats our striker.

That leaves us with 1 more loan left till we make Brereton a permanent in January (which opens up another slot).

I'd use the last loan to get an out and out winger if possible.

16 minutes ago, Swanson said:

52.4.1 A maximum of 5 Players registered on a Temporary Loan Transfer can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This maximum shall reduce to 4 Players where a Club names a Player on the team sheet who is registered on an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan; and

52.4.2 No Club may sign more than 4 Players on a Temporary Loan Transfer from another Club (or club) in any Season, of which no more than 2 Players may be over the age of 23. The deadline for determining a Player’s age in this respect shall be as at the 30th June prior to the Season in which the Temporary Loan Transfer is intended to take place. Any Temporary Loan Transfer which subsequently becomes a permanent transfer (which can occur any time during the period of the Temporary Loan Transfer) shall not count against a Club’s quota of such Temporary Loan Transfers for that Season.

I must be missing something, those seem to contradict. Unless it is including super long, 18 month or 2 year loans. Otherwise not sure how you can include 5 loans but can only get 4.

1 minute ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I don't think a keeper should be a priority at this stage thats one for January. A loan for Fisher can wait till then.

Rodwell is the 4th centre back, whether you like it or not. We will be going back in for Bauer in January with Downing going back down to league one.

Brereton by the sounds of it could be done today so thats our striker.

That leaves us with 1 more loan left till we make Brereton a permanent in January (which opens up another slot).

I'd use the last loan to get an out and out winger if possible.

Yeah i think CB is done now - we can always call Wharton back if needed as well. 

On the striker situation, TM already suggested today he might be looking at bringing another in due to Samuels injury.

11 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Not many clubs will loan out players if they are not going to be getting minutes or even make the matchday squad - not ones they rate anyway. Will only be those they want off the wage bill and do not care about. 

All three of ours will be be competing for a first team spot, so really can only see two more players potentially coming in. Which positions do we fill with them?

As before.  If it's 2 spots, I'd say winger and and CB. Samuels only seems to be used on the right wing and we are short of a wide player. 

To be fair, we could probably loan a young CB who may not feature in the team -only in emergencies as you can take up to 7 loans I believe, but only play 5

Edit:. A team can take up to 8 loans

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller

12 minutes ago, neophox said:

Ben Brereton reminds me of Alan Shearer, both were young with potential and same height and British. Brereton has 18 international games for U19 and over 53 games in the Championship. This player is way better than Nuttall and Samuel! 

No pressure, Kid.

• Like 4

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

As before.  If it's 2 spots, I'd say winger and and CB. Samuels only seems to be used on the right wing and we are short of a wide player. 

To be fair, we could probably loan a young CB who may not feature in the team -only in emergencies as you can take up to 7 loans I believe, but only play 5

Thats why i'd use the last loan slot for a wide player.

We've got Graham, Armstrong, Brereton up front. And Nuttall if your desperate. We usually play with one up and one in the hole. We've got Dack, Palmer, Rothwell and Bennett who can play there so I think we've got enough options through the middle.

• Like 1

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Thats why i'd use the last loan slot for a wide player.

We've got Graham, Armstrong, Brereton up front. And Nuttall if your desperate. We usually play with one up and one in the hole. We've got Dack, Palmer, Rothwell and Bennett who can play there so I think we've got enough options through the middle.

Agree.  We have 2 slots after Brereton though.

Loans: Palmer, Reed, Brereton

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, neophox said:

Ben Brereton reminds me of Alan Shearer, both were young with potential and same height and British. Brereton has 18 international games for U19 and over 53 games in the Championship. This player is way better than Nuttall and Samuel! 

Are you Steve Kean in disguise? :D

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/football/711935/steve-kean-david-goodwillie-is-a-young-wayne-rooney/

14 minutes ago, neophox said:

But he's no Shearer! And we shouldn't place that burden on him.

From descriptions I've read from Forest fans he sounds more like Kalinic. Runs  the channels, loads of enthusiasm and energy but not a  lot of outcome.

That was Kalinic when we had him but he has clearly vastly improved on that. We sold Kalinic before we saw his best, I hope Venkys remember that.

• Like 1

Think it has been mentioned that Shearer was a full England international when he came here. Scored a hattrick on his professional debut against Arsenal too. Brereton has potential but I doubt we will ever have anyone as good as him upfront again.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, neophox said:

That's a fair point someone who offers more than those two at the moment is a welcome signing and makes the squad a bit stronger again which is what we all want.  Crazy money but a myriad of agents and people betting on future transfer fees is how football works theses days, just look at the eye watering amount of money Liverpool have given Southampton in recent years !

I don't think this lad will be here long if he's a success but it's a massive commitment from the money men and their advisors, a few similar transfer fees on some good ready made championship players might be nice........

1 minute ago, 47er said:

But he's no Shearer! And we shouldn't place that burden on him.

From descriptions I've read from Forest fans he sounds more like Kalinic. Runs  the channels, loads of enthusiasm and energy but not a  lot of outcome.

That was Kalinic when we had him but he has clearly vastly improved on that. We sold Kalinic before we saw his best, I hope Venkys remember that.

It's funny you should say that but when I watched the video of Brereton the player that sprang to my mind was Kalinic. I liked him, things just didn't work out for him at Rovers. Not done too bad since he left though has he ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I often think there is some revisionism around Shearer and the time in which we bought him, it's often talked about like he was some no mark kid who we plucked from obscurity when it was quite the opposite.

We broke the British transfer record if I'm not mistaken? 

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's funny you should say that but when I watched the video of Brereton the player that sprang to my mind was Kalinic. I liked him, things just didn't work out for him at Rovers. Not done too bad since he left though has he ?

I suspect the way we play now would have suited Kalinic a lot more. Perhaps a bit more hope for Brereton?

• Like 3