BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

Why who else has he played for this season?

Nixon said it was a journalist/agent thing. To stir up interest in players, say 3 clubs are interested. Means it's usually a load of rubbish

Edited by gumboots

Yes and I've said this before Gestede would be a good option on loan to begin with , i wouldnt start with him but certainly have him as an option off the bench as he can be effective for us in both penalty boxes , and while we don't have Marshall and Conway on the pitch like last time he was here , set pieces from Mulgrew would certainly have a new dimension with him in the team

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AJW said:

Yes and I've said this before Gestede would be a good option on loan to begin with , i wouldnt start with him but certainly have him as an option off the bench as he can be effective for us in both penalty boxes , and while we don't have Marshall and Conway on the pitch like last time he was here , set pieces from Mulgrew would certainly have a new dimension with him in the team

Completely agree. I'd have him back tomorrow

Rudy ! Rudy!

• Like 1

I don't get the obsession with resigning injury prone former players who've not done much except be mostly injured since they left. We need to leave that alone and move on if they can't find an affordable decent player or two if there is a budget even if it's loans then they might as well scrap the so called recruitment dept because it's only delivering similar to what the agents vehicle model did going down the busted or oap roads.

• Like 1

Not sure of the ‘hit rate’ for HITC but I think it’s looking more and more likely that he won’t play for us again. Formerly on the fringes of the first team, he now can’t get into the U23s except to cover suspension.

If rumours are true about personal issues then we might end up where a good player gets his head right elsewhere and comes back to haunt us (a la Anthony Pilkington).

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Not sure of the ‘hit rate’ for HITC but I think it’s looking more and more likely that he won’t play for us again. Formerly on the fringes of the first team, he now can’t get into the U23s except to cover suspension.

If rumours are true about personal issues then we might end up where a good player gets his head right elsewhere and comes back to haunt us (a la Anthony Pilkington).

He's a good player but not one I'd lose any sleep over. 

• Like 1

On 22/01/2019 at 17:58, RoverKyle said:

With Rovers, King had everything but end product. He probably didn't get the number of games his potential deserved down the middle, but he was really quite woeful for us at times. Bar a stand out season with Bournemouth, would you say he's anything special now? 

Depends on what you mean by special. Gets assists and goals for them fairly regularly and worth a hell of a lot more than what we sold him for. People seemed to forget he was still a youngster when he came here and we're expecting the finished article. If that was the case then he wouldn't have left United to sign for us. It showed a clear lack of perspective from a number of our fans to be honest and a lack of good man management by Bowyer. Once folk realised his potential against Stoke it was too late, the manager had wasted him. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Neal said:

Depends on what you mean by special. Gets assists and goals for them fairly regularly and worth a hell of a lot more than what we sold him for. People seemed to forget he was still a youngster when he came here and we're expecting the finished article. If that was the case then he wouldn't have left United to sign for us. It showed a clear lack of perspective from a number of our fans to be honest and a lack of good man management by Bowyer. Once folk realised his potential against Stoke it was too late, the manager had wasted him. 

Just like young Ben then!

(Forget the fee, times have changed)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Livorno interested in Rodwell - on Newsnow.

Newly promoted from C1. 

So a bit like us in that respect- otherwise nothing like the history and stature of Rovers.

As for Rudy, he'd have to double in height to connect with some of the crosses we fling over.

Edited by philipl

50 minutes ago, philipl said:

Newly promoted from C1. 

So a bit like us in that respect- otherwise nothing like the history and stature of Rovers.

As for Rudy, he'd have to double in height to connect with some of the crosses we fling over.

Rodwell will have his eyes on the PL not some second rate club playing in a small athletics ground.

Wages would be the only attraction to a footballer of his age and quality.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

14 hours ago, AJW said:

Not sure he would swap middlesbrough bench for ours, what about stewart downing aparantly they cant play him or the have to give him a new contract

2 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

Not sure he would swap middlesbrough bench for ours, what about stewart downing aparantly they cant play him or the have to give him a new contract

Another with no pace or fitness. Stay well away.

7 hours ago, Neal said:

Who would you have like to have seen dropped to accommodate King, 20-goal Rhodes or 20-goal Rudy?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Who would you have like to have seen dropped to accommodate King, 20-goal Rhodes or 20-goal Rudy?

Tom Cairney from right wing.