BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

34 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

That would be great. I’d play with two wingers and two up top all day long in this league but I’m not sure where Dack would fit in on that one. 

Sitting behind the hold up striker as we played all last season pretty much 

Just now, Miller11 said:

Pre-emptively defending Mowbray’s silly decisions is crazy too.

In my opinion setting up to “attack” the manager based on one particular choice in his XI is fairly crazy too. In fact, desperate is the word I’d use.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, m1st said:

From the club website:

'So will Adarabioyo be thrown straight in against Charlton Athletic for the opening game of the season? The boss added that the youngster may well have to wait.

' "It may take him a couple of weeks to get to grips with the team but then he'll be looking to force his way into the side." '

It's TM's mantra, isn't it? I bet he'd use exactly the same phrase if we'd signed, say, Messi, or Bale!

He'll have to find another spot for Bennett so it may take a couple of weeks for someone else to be out and create his starting place......

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I am saying that you can't sign a lad on loan 2 days before a game and drop him in instead of your club captain. Surely not that difficult to grasp? 

I didn't say anything about Nyambe or Bennett either so not sure what you're lobbing that in for 

Why can’t you? Mulgrew needs replacing. Quickly. So what if he is captain? He doesn’t exactly come across as a great leader on the pitch. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No one has suggested that they wont judge him in a Rovers shirt, but as with any signing, people want to know what sort of player we are getting and how hes done and been received at previous clubs. Makes sense to me.

what does it do except waste time.

Are we making decisions now for the club? Just let him play and then make your mind up. How he did on a one year stint at WBA doesnt mean a lot to me

I am saying that you can't sign a lad on loan 2 days before a game and drop him in instead of your club captain. Surely not that difficult to grasp? 

I didn't say anything about Nyambe or Bennett either so not sure what you're lobbing that in for 

Dropping Mulgrew? Thought TM already had. Hardly started a game after March...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

It isn't the same though as there is a new goalkeeper. 

Ideally we would have gotten the City guy in earlier so he could have trained properly and staked a claim for a starting place. Suggesting we just drop Mulgrew for Saturdays game and criticizing Mowbray for not doing so is stupid. 

Where did I suggest that?

I was merely drawing attention, as so many others have on here, to the phrase the manager trots out so regularly and which may have cost us players - e.g. Bauer - in whom we were supposed to be interested.

Trust me, I'm not stupid.

Think Mowbray wants the next signing to be a goalkeeper.

The club are bouncing some low-ish offers off of clubs in Germany and Holland for CB's who are running down their contracts.

Bit of a bizarre move to make at this late stage of the transfer window. For me, if we don't tie down at least another CB and Winger, we have left a risk going forward into January with a lack of pace on the wings and a commanding CB for when Mulgrew has a patch of poor form.

Current goalkeeper target is out of contract and has been mentioned on here before.

• Like 4

Just now, m1st said:

Where did I suggest that?

I was merely drawing attention, as so many others have on here, to the phrase the manager trots out so regularly and which may have cost us players - e.g. Bauer - in whom we were supposed to be interested.

Trust me, I'm not stupid.

Is Bauer so good that he can instantly demand starting spots in teams from divisions above 

Just now, Miller11 said:

Why can’t you? Mulgrew needs replacing. Quickly. So what if he is captain? He doesn’t exactly come across as a great leader on the pitch. 

how do you define great leader? Where are all the other football club captains spouting off their credentials over social media and fan web sites? It just doesn't happen in this way.

I think January will be a great window, I think some of our targets that potentially had ridiculous asking prices this window, may be more available in Jan as clubs look to get their own deals done. I'd expect an older keeper to come in January and maybe a European centre-back too.

For this summer, I'd say 'meh'. Walton an okay signing but with the context of letting Raya go it's not amazing. Adarbioyo is a good one to get done, but will he even play, and when he does will he play RB? For me Bradley Johnson will likely be the signing of the window! Sure SG will score a few, but Johnson has been the beating heart of most of the pre-season games, and offers something that Evans, Smallwood and even Travis doesn't.

Just now, RovingRover said:

Think Mowbray wants the next signing to be a goalkeeper.

The club are bouncing some low-ish offers off of clubs in Germany and Holland for CB's who are running down their contracts.

Bit of a bizarre move to make at this late stage of the transfer window. For me, if we don't tie down at least another CB and Winger, we have left a risk going forward into January with a lack of pace on the wings and a commanding CB for when Mulgrew has a patch of poor form.

Current goalkeeper target is out of contract and has been mentioned on here before.

Would the GK target come in to be number 1 above Walton?

Just now, pick32 said:

Jamal Lowe having a medical at Wigan, Know a few on here wanted Rovers to go in for him.

Done well at that level, but can't have them all. I know it's been said that we're after another winger, but after signing Gally it seemed unlikely that we'd be going for someone with stock as high as Lowe's.

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

how do you define great leader? Where are all the other football club captains spouting off their credentials over social media and fan web sites? It just doesn't happen in this way.

What are you on about?

For starters, I’d quite like a captain who doesn’t look at the floor and meekly saunter back towards the half way line every time we concede a goal. 

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

I think January will be a great window, I think some of our targets that potentially had ridiculous asking prices this window, may be more available in Jan as clubs look to get their own deals done. I'd expect an older keeper to come in January and maybe a European centre-back too.

Heard all this last summer. When January arrived, despite supposedly having money, nobody arrived. 

This summer, despite supposedly having money, we've signed 2 youngsters on loan to 'address' Gk and defence and used up the Raya money on Gallagher.

Remains to be seen if we do any more but.if the rumours of chucking low bids around Germany are correct we aren't aiming for upgrades just number up squad fillers.

• Like 2

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Holy shit, we played 90 games last year?

I knew it was a slog, but bloody hell that seems a bit much!

Since he arrived at the club 40 games 16 or 17 goals 7 assists last year which by anyone's standards is not bad return for someone who's not a striker.

But by your reckoning you would have flogged him before you even got to see him "go missing" so I assume you were talking about his league one performances as well. 

Edited by Beanie01289
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

For this summer, I'd say 'meh'. Walton an okay signing but with the context of letting Raya go it's not amazing. Adarbioyo is a good one to get done, but will he even play, and when he does will he play RB? For me Bradley Johnson will likely be the signing of the window! Sure SG will score a few, but Johnson has been the beating heart of most of the pre-season games, and offers something that Evans, Smallwood and even Travis doesn't.

Can’t argue with any of that. Hope you are right about the January window, although this will be far less of an issue of this other defender does come along in the next week.

Just now, Miller11 said:

What are you on about?

For starters, I’d quite like a captain who doesn’t look at the floor and meekly saunter back towards the half way line every time we concede a goal. 

When Lenaghan got a late tackle against Blackpool in the second half, Mulgrew just walked away from the situation. I would have liked to have seen a captain to go up to the Blackpool player and tell him that there would be retribution for what he had just done.

• Like 3