BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I don't understand the rigid reliance on HSH, which is why I can't let go of my suspicions that something sinister continues.

Why restrict yourself FROM finding the best candidate so much?

Scratching each others backs and doing some stuff on the cheap, that as we know appeals to this lot short term.  Long term always ends up costing them more as we've seen but that doesn't seem to matter.

There was talk when Coyle was appointed that someone owed someone else a favour and he was prepared to work cheap. I think that is at the heart of it the likes of the said agency deal in lower end clients and that's a pond venkys fish in.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

Definitely wishful thinking! However I genuinely do think that the combination of:

Job Security

Wealthy Owners

Relative relaxed fanbase

Gateway to English football

Would all be attractive to much better candidates than Tony bloody Mowbray, and those suggestions I posted would most definitely be the absolute peak.

Begs the question why only 2 (despite their successes) have been in the Premier League.

Remember we all (well not me, I was born in 1991) thought Jack was mental when he approached Kenny Dalglish.

Favre and Fonesca has been linked with a number of PL clubs but never accept the job offer or been offered the job from those clubs. 

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

I don't understand the rigid reliance on HSH, which is why I can't let go of my suspicions that something sinister continues.

Why restrict yourself FROM finding the best candidate so much?

Just do a companies house search for HSH sports limited and (Company number 09173116) click on people and also check the address. You might find it quite interesting that bit.

Do a proper search for the 3 people mentioned and you will see a connection with people connected to the club from days gone by.

Put two and two together and you will probably find the answer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/you-need-honest-honourable-accept-9542073

Where have we heard that before, over and over? "I'm an honest guy".

MD at the spiv's agency. Now part of the 'new' agency that supplies Rovers managers. Agent of Smallwood. Venky's are "fantastic owners" according to him. Yeah, I bet they are.

The link posted by IraC shows the charges they were up in court for. Yet their influence at Rovers began 11 years ago and continues to this present day, allegedly.

Consider the nice guys that the spiv tried to bring to the club when looking for a new owner. Bassini and a couple of others, one of whom destroyed another club, before he found Barry.

There's enough information out there to join the dots.

The threats made to fans who were trying to investigate suggests they were getting closer to uncovering whatever it was and probably still is, going on.

People still involved, who I certainly would not trust. Despite this, we are supposed to accept that they were badly advised and that changes are afoot that will benefit the club. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/you-need-honest-honourable-accept-9542073

Where have we heard that before, over and over? "I'm an honest guy".

MD at the spiv's agency. Now part of the 'new' agency that supplies Rovers managers. Agent of Smallwood. Venky's are "fantastic owners" according to him. Yeah, I bet they are.

The link posted by IraC shows the charges they were up in court for. Yet their influence at Rovers began 11 years ago and continues to this present day, allegedly.

Consider the nice guys that the spiv tried to bring to the club when looking for a new owner. Bassini and a couple of others, one of whom destroyed another club, before he found Barry.

There's enough information out there to join the dots.

The threats made to fans who were trying to investigate suggests they were getting closer to uncovering whatever it was and probably still is, going on.

You don’t think he would have saddled us with just any old owner do you?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/twohundredpercent.net/laurence-bassini-bolton-wanderers-marriage/amp/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Oh no. Only the very best will do for the spiv. I mean, the guy was declared bankrupt twice. He was banned from working in football for 3 years after being found guilty of deception and misconduct. Oh and one last thing, he's a property developer too. Fancy that.

We're so lucky that he found Barry instead.

He must qualify as fit and proper then?

Some excellent posts over the past few pages which highlight the most logical reasons why we have the owners we do, plus also who makes the decisions.

We've gone from a mostly-solvent club in the top flight to a club a division down losing £20million a year (unlike most clubs in the division) yet we have ever depreciating assets and ever-stripped-down resources. Isn't downsizing supposed to save money? Where exactly is all the cash going to? How much ends up in the hands of a certain agency? What fees do we pay? And so on...

Venky's had never heard of us before and never shown since that they either give a crap or they are necessarily the ones making most of the decisions. What fun do they get in a club they've barely ever visited? Why always go through the same agency for managers? Why reject any attempts to buy them out? 

All we get is cod philosophy about the way things are done in India about losing face meaning they're happy to lose £20 million a year forever (codswallop), how some imaginary pals of theirs in Pune might laugh at them (as if they've even heard of Rovers, ffs!) and, the classic, how the poor little noble Venkys're just being badly advised (for 11 years and counting now)...

The clearest reason Venky's own Rovers is because it's working for them, perhaps also to their purpose for buying and why they did so in the first place. They were introduced to Rovers by Jerome Anderson. Why has the rationale changed since? Hardly a conspiracy theory; those are when more plausible alternatives are rejected. It's the most plausible reason we have. 

Mowbray Out? I agree of course, but...ultimately what for? To rinse and repeat with next Kean/Coyle/Mowbray? Hardly likely to be a Brave New World for us to contemplate, is it?!?!

Expect his rants and agitations to end in a far more likely new contract than a sacking in the months to come...

• Like 9

Anybody who has read my posts down the years will know i'm 100% convinced something is at play regarding money through the pipes at Rovers.

Not money laundering or criminal activity or asset stripping like was originally suspected. Just plain old multi million pound conglomerate corporate accounting. Unless someone shows me the wage bill and who is on it getting what i'll remain convinced we are an accounting tool.

As well as a plaything/hobby of course. 

Unless some are being paid astronomical amounts the money losing never really adds up. We should be past the days now of still paying fir damage done a decade ago, no imo a few mill gets hidden somewhere every year via the clubs books.

Barrys European pension fund probably.

• Like 6

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Anybody who has read my posts down the years will know i'm 100% convinced something is at play regarding money through the pipes at Rovers.

Not money laundering or criminal activity or asset stripping like was originally suspected. Just plain old multi million pound conglomerate corporate accounting. Unless someone shows me the wage bill and who is on it getting what i'll remain convinced we are an accounting tool.

Unless some are being paid astronomical amounts the money losing never really adds up. We should be past the days now of still paying fir damage done a decade ago, no imo a few mill gets hidden somewhere every year via the clubs books.

Ultimately my suspicion too, but makes it even more baffling that they don't seek the PL (or even just well-run-club) profits that would make it so much easier.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Ultimately my suspicion too, but makes it even more baffling that they don't seek the PL (or even just well-run-club) profits that would make it so much easier.

They don't need to though i think that might be an issue as to why they've never gone for it. Happy just to play around and lose x amount spare change per year through the pipes and directing a bit elsewhere.

Just playing around with their own corporations money in a way that doesn't pee off non family big shareholders. Something Nixon said when they were first revealed as bidders 'they want it as a money pit' always sticks in the mind.

There;s always something lurking around in the bottom of any type of pit !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, tomphil said:

This certainly makes the most sense when it comes to explaining our situation.

The one thing that a football club has is a guaranteed high rate of turnover. This way they can transfer all their debts to the football club and make their other businesses look far better on the balance sheet. That would make the share price of the other companies more valuable, paying higher dividends blah blah blah.

Assuming of course that is what they are doing.

It does almost seem that our position in the football league is more so by design than anything else. Venkys don't give a fuck about the club. As long as there is some turnover and they have someone in charge who can keep things idling away whilst turning a blind eye to whatever else may be going on then they are happy.

Is it corruption, incompetence or both?

• Like 1

Here's a question for the "they're just misadvised" brigade...

If they're pumping in £20m a year of their own money...then why do we have £200 million debt? Hence why we don't want them to leave?!?

Surely it's coming from their own funds? So we should have no debt? 

So which is it? It can't be both?

Edited by TheRoversReturn

On 06/11/2021 at 11:13, 47er said:

Its becoming the norm at Rovers that we want to keep certain leading players and those players are refusing to re-sign.

Logical to think that Rovers are trying to keep them on the cheap and not making realistic offers.

There is no sign of this though. The opposite in fact as our best player Dack signed a new deal.

In recent years we haven’t lost anyone that we didn’t want to. Including keeping the likes of Graham and Mulgrew in league one.

The only one argument could be Armstrong, but it was clear to everyone he would be moving to prem.

I would say so far in the Mowbray era we have been great at retaining players. This could look silly in summer if these 4 leave, and time will tell, but maybe they won’t.

But on actual departures in Mowbray era, the Raya one was odd, but everything else I think has been handled fine.

2 hours ago, Wood26 said:

There is no sign of this though. The opposite in fact as our best player Dack signed a new deal.

In recent years we haven’t lost anyone that we didn’t want to. Including keeping the likes of Graham and Mulgrew in league one.

The only one argument could be Armstrong, but it was clear to everyone he would be moving to prem.

I would say so far in the Mowbray era we have been great at retaining players. This could look silly in summer if these 4 leave, and time will tell, but maybe they won’t.

But on actual departures in Mowbray era, the Raya one was odd, but everything else I think has been handled fine.

so we haven't lost any players (apart from 2 of our best 🙄) Dack would 💯 be long gone had it not been for his injuries. 

So upto this season other than those few none of our other players have really been tantalising enough for any club in this league to want to offer good money and wages for nor good enough forca prem club to be seriously interested in.  Rothwell and Brereton have struggled to even get into Mowbrayouts starting 11 until this season, shit Rothwells been here years and Mowbrayout's only this season realised that he's a centre midfielder! and it's took the confidance given to him by Chiles manager, coaches and fans for Ben to start feeling good about himself enough to just go out and enjoy his football. 

#mowbrayout #waggotout 

• Like 3

• Backroom
8 hours ago, Wood26 said:

The Mulgrew loans annoy me. £2m spent by ROVERS for him to play at Wigan and Fleetwood. Ridiculous.

Several faults:

Too long a contract in the first place

Too high a wage

Too egotistical a manager to release him

• Like 4