BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, DE. said:

Hard to pay much attention to those fans. They are the same people who if Mowbray was sacked would be saying it was time, and would then throw their undivided loyalty behind the next guy, even if he was a total joke. Can still remember plenty of fans inexplicably backing Coyle despite the appointment stinking to high heaven. "The king is dead, long live the king". 

They are the same gutless b'stards who derided and laughed at the protests during the Kean shambles.No time whatsoever for their ilk.

• Like 7

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

They are the same gutless b'stards who derided and laughed at the protests during the Kean shambles.No time whatsoever for their ilk.

Pretty much yes. The 'get behind the team' brigade. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Absolutely. Can still remember them crowing on the final day of the 2010/11 season that Kean had proved the doubters wrong and was such a dignified and noble man, etc, despite it being blatantly obvious the man was a total fraud who was only taking us in one direction. 

Obviously I'm not comparing Mowbray to Kean or Coyle, but the point is these types of fans pull the wool over their own eyes and wear their blind loyalty to the manager as a bizarre badge of pride. You'd be better off discussing the state of the club with a brick wall. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 3

I'm still not happy about my ban. Looking at you sensitive k-hod

Any who. 

Mowbray isn't a ruthless winner. Even with a great set of players,it would be the same. In fact, a bunch of winners in the dressing room would tire of his constant and needless chopping and changing. 

I have no issue with Bennett as a squad player,but this need that Mowbray has to shoehorn him in no matter what is just silly. He isnt that good a player,or a leader. 

I watched Leicester last night, so ruthless. I would put us at the other end of that scale. We have decent players and that saves us at times,but when push comes to shove we arent ruthless. We haven't hammered anyone under Mowbray, in fact I think if we somehow managed to be 4 up at half time, his team talk would probably involve him telling the lads to be good humans and not embarrass the opposition. I honestly think he would do that. 

Get Roy Keane in. At least it will be entertaining. These lads need an extreme kick up the backside. If not him,get Hughton. I dont think we have the squad for Pulis to succeed here. I wouldn't be a big fan anyway. 

I dont believe in insulting mowbray or questioning his character. It's just time to go. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 3

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Simply no place for describing Rovers supporters who hold different views to yourself in those terms.

And some of the protesting Rovers fans were spat on and threatened by those holding different views.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm still not happy about my ban. Looking at you sensitive k-hod

Any who. 

Mowbray isn't a ruthless winner. Even with a great set of players,it would be the same. In fact, a bunch of winners in the dressing room would tire of his constant and needless chopping and changing. 

I have no issue with Bennett as a squad player,but this need that Mowbray has to shoehorn him in no matter what is just silly. He isnt that good a player,or a leader. 

I watched Leicester last night, so ruthless. I would put us at the other end of that scale. We have decent players and that saves us at times,but when push comes to shove we arent ruthless. We haven't hammered anyone under Mowbray, in fact I think if we somehow managed to be 4 up at half time, his team talk would probably involve him telling the lads to be good humans and not embarrass the opposition. I honestly think he would do that. 

Get Roy Keane in. At least it will be entertaining. These lads need an extreme kick up the backside. If not him,get Hughton. I dont think we have the squad for Pulis to succeed here. I wouldn't be a big fan anyway. 

I dont believe in insulting mowbray or questioning his character. It's just time to go. 

You got a 7 day ban for a personal insult to me. It was deserved.

Any further comments can be made via PM.

Thanks.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

He just keeps saying the same things like an annoying loop ... 

if Lennihan was out there !! Bla Bla !! As if he is a world beater or something..

I have been in this game for 40 years !! Bla Bla ! 

He comes across as a smug I know everything type ... Deluded to the Extreme 

Prestons Manager Showed him today what to do when things are not going to plan .... you change things ...

SACK HIM PLEASE VENKYS ... 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Do you really believe that the owners made the decision to give Mowbray and players contract extensions and no doubt pay increases without input from anyone else?

I know they would be the ones who signed off on them but who do you think germinated the idea?

And I doubt it was Waggott.

Owners would be majority involved in the decision to give him a new contract. 

We don't know what in the deal 

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Have a good night's sleep and think it over. For all you know those "gutless bastards" may include former members of the Armed Forces, people who have fought against cancer, overcome injustice etc.

Leave it right there.It was clear and concise to most the point I was making.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Just now, DE. said:

I doubt they even know we got beaten by Brum, let alone today's result. They might not even be aware the new season has started yet. 

This is it. How many hours, sorry minutes, per week does the club factor in their business discussions?

A footnote in AOB at the end of a meeting, at best. 

Either that or they are updated quarterly. 

Tm has had time to rectify the problems that have been obvious since he joined the club. He hasnt resolved these defensive issues and in fact made them worse with the sale of Raya. Give someone time to come in with a transfer window to improve our ailing defence and hopefully we will get an upturn in our fortunes

• Like 1

At the end of last season, Mowbray highlighted our defensive frailties..

Sold Raya, downgraded to Walton- a massive downgrade at that. Read the reviews on the Brentford forums- "Best signing in recent years". I'm not surprised Raya pushed to leave after the grief Mowbray gave him and dropping him at the end of last season to boot...

Cunningham- excellent signing but now injured- not TM fault

Tosin- Hard to judge, looks okay- is he the leader we need at the back?

Letting Mulgrew leave was a monumental mistake- again, getting good reviews at his new club...

Lenihan- injury-prone as anything, we had exactly the same issues last season and no replacement...

I was really excited to crack on this season, but that excitement dissipated when Raya left for next to nothing- go on, tell me a better keeper his age for that price- absolutely shocking management letting him leave for that.

We're left with a bloody awful defence marshalled by an ever worse keeper- We've gone back to the days of Steele who single-handedly relegated us, before doing the same to Sunderland...

The squad is so unbalanced it's untrue- how many midfielders?

Then he persists in playing tosh- leaving the likes of Rothwell to rot on the bench but for the odd cameo whilst 'Benno' is facilitated all over the pitch at the expense of anyone- nothing against Bennett,  solid enough player, I just don't understand how he merits a start every game other than his work-rate.

Then we have the 10-13 million spent on Gallagher and Brereton- Christ, that's some money for a clun in our predicament, Gally I feel may pay off- Brereton is yet to show me anything that even moderately justifies such a price tag...

On the other hand, TM got us back up at the first attempt of asking- no mean feat that, look at Sunderland!

He's also signed some cracking players: Dack and Rothwell spring to mind, whilst giving young talent such as Nyambe, Travis, Buckley, Costello opportunities. 

I do feel TM has the best intentions of the club at heart.  In my mind at least he's steady the ship and re-built a much improved, albeit imbalanced squad to the one that was relegated..

I'd loathe seeing Tony leave the club. I think he's exactly what we need, but perhaps as a director of football.

I really hope he turns our season around, but I find that difficult to see given how he can't see or correct some glaring errors.

I don't see us going down- not at all, mid-table again, which perhaps is about right for us? Maybe we're all expecting too much- but then I look at teams like Charlton, Cardiff etc punching above their weight and it makes me wonder why we can't be doing that..

on the balance of things, do I want him to go? If we can bring in a Chris Hughton, Wagner or Hughes, I'd gamble. All this talk of Damien Johnson though fills me with absolute dread!

• Like 1

Just now, Gary C said:

Tm has had time to rectify the problems that have been obvious since he joined the club. He hasnt resolved these defensive issues and in fact made them worse with the sale of Raya. Give someone time to come in with a transfer window to improve our ailing defence and hopefully we will get an upturn in our fortunes

Yeh- exactly! Then letting Mulgrew leave without bringing in another centre half was absolutely ludicrous.

• Like 1

Unfortunately went today a glutton for punishment, I've never known a side that as soon as they concede a goal, to simply give up. The referee was poor, and typical North End hit the deck every 30 seconds but we should be able to manage this. Our starting 11 is stronger than North End, but when they went 2-0 they fought back. It was the same last season with us, conceding loads of goals in the last 10 minutes, always conceding after wed scored. Cant frankly see were the next three points are coming from, TM got us out of Leauge 1, but he also took us there as well which people can forget. If were not to be a struggling lower end championship side the club needs fresh ideas. Preston today changed tactics after 30 minutes because they were poor, we brought Danny Graham on for last 5minutes when wed already blown the game ,

I really like TM he got the club back from a poisonous rut that showed no end, but my and my sons season tickets are far to expensive to watch this dire play every week, home or away at the moment we have no bottle or backbone, that's been the situation fit a long time. 2-0 up, guy behind us said,  we need a third to get a draw. As a club we cannot go out of this leauge, I fear we would not come back.

• Like 1

Totally agree partly a lot for me and 

Just now, Blue and White for ever said:

Unfortunately went today a glutton for punishment, I've never known a side that as soon as they concede a goal, to simply give up. The referee was poor, and typical North End hit the deck every 30 seconds but we should be able to manage this. Our starting 11 is stronger than North End, but when they went 2-0 they fought back. It was the same last season with us, conceding loads of goals in the last 10 minutes, always conceding after wed scored. Cant frankly see were the next three points are coming from, TM got us out of Leauge 1, but he also took us there as well which people can forget. If were not to be a struggling lower end championship side the club needs fresh ideas. Preston today changed tactics after 30 minutes because they were poor, we brought Danny Graham on for last 5minutes when wed already blown the game ,

I really like TM he got the club back from a poisonous rut that showed no end, but my and my sons season tickets are far to expensive to watch this dire play every week, home or away at the moment we have no bottle or backbone, that's been the situation fit a long time. 2-0 up, guy behind us said,  we need a third to get a draw. As a club we cannot go out of this leauge, I fear we would not come back.

Totally agree me and my daughter pay enougwgath to.have our season tickets and I feel were getting short changed with pitiful performances. Mowbray is likeable but his tactics have led a lot to be desired and my patience like many on here has faded somewhat

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Absolutely. Can still remember them crowing on the final day of the 2010/11 season that Kean had proved the doubters wrong and was such a dignified and noble man, etc, despite it being blatantly obvious the man was a total fraud who was only taking us in one direction. 

Obviously I'm not comparing Mowbray to Kean or Coyle, but the point is these types of fans pull the wool over their own eyes and wear their blind loyalty to the manager as a bizarre badge of pride. You'd be better off discussing the state of the club with a brick wall. 

Nobody can be compared to Kean but Mowbray has a lot more in common with Coyle than I'm comfortable with. Bullshit is well up there for a start.