BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

58 minutes ago, renrag said:

One old chap on our street told me Bryan Douglas would never be as good as Jocky Simpson. To be fair he did eventually admit he was wrong

In all fairness he'd probably have seen us win two league titles and the F.A. Cup.

Not a single one of us can say we've seen that.

We just have to settle for the one Premier League trophy and the League Cup. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, renrag said:

He certainly had! having been a fan since Bob Crompton’s days. He was the key holder for the air-raid shelter and seemed to be permanently sat at his front door, on the lookout, when I was coming home from school as a 6 or 7 year old. He always had a different tale to tell and I often think of him and, how between us, we probably have at least 120 years of Rovers memories

And he would probably have talked to someone with memories of the other 28 (ish) years.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Just watched The Big Match Revisited on ITV4,they had us on away at Blackpool from Feb 1978 ,Not a great game as we lost 5-2 with Hatton scoring 4 and he had  2 others ruled out for offside for them.

It's the first time I have seen us on "The big match revisited".

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Gav said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23781240.nelsen-tugay-kean-voicemail-ended-rovers-career/

I'm going to put this here, Ryan Nelsons departure is a hard read, but nothing we didn't know already.

He's pretty restrained there really, I'd have hit the roof in his circumstances.

Deliberate destruction of a successful team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23781240.nelsen-tugay-kean-voicemail-ended-rovers-career/

I'm going to put this here, Ryan Nelsons departure is a hard read, but nothing we didn't know already.

What a top guy. Like you say a hard read when you hear how his departure was handled so disgracefully. 

Yet his affection for the club and fans still shines through. What a side that was under Sparky as well. 

Thanks Ryan, Rovers legend 💙🤍

• Like 5

Barry Chuckle the former programme editor was the CEO at the time, useless ****, feathered his own nest then pissed off. 

He even phoned Nelson up when he moved to Spurs complaining we hadn't received a fee......

Scandalous. 

Edited by Gav

6 hours ago, Gav said:

Great to get an insight into life under the various managers.

His departure another sorry tale in the levelling down of this football club.

"I would've played for free. I'd have paid to play," he insists. "To have that amount of time playing for them in that era with those players and the fans. So many good people there, a great family club. It was incredible"

Makes me even more angry at what Venky's have done to this great club. To have a brilliant servant like that and treat him which such disdain is disgusting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

"I would've played for free. I'd have paid to play," he insists. "To have that amount of time playing for them in that era with those players and the fans. So many good people there, a great family club. It was incredible"

Makes me even more angry at what Venky's have done to this great club. To have a brilliant servant like that and treat him which such disdain is disgusting.

Hurt's so much when you read things like this,the Club and fans have been put through the Meat Grinder by Venkys.

😠

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

What a top guy. Like you say a hard read when you hear how his departure was handled so disgracefully. 

Yet his affection for the club and fans still shines through. What a side that was under Sparky as well. 

Thanks Ryan, Rovers legend 💙🤍

nelsen and samba,as good a defensive partnership we`ve ever had

• Like 4