BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

8 minutes ago, LDRover said:

As an earlier poster alluded to, what is the point of billionaire owners if this is their strategy?

Furthermore, we have posters such as @Paul Mani nailing their colours to the mast saying there is a budget yet Kamy (who definitely has a line into the club) suggesting the polar opposite.

In regard to what the truth is, well, I know where my money would be. All hail the stagnation years fellas, regression is on it's way.

The manager knows his budget, hence why enquiries and offers are being made for players. As confirmed yesterday by Rich Sharpe.

I have never stated we had this or that much to spend. As I said three weeks ago now, we’re after two young loan keepers and the names were Iversen and Muric for no.1 and Ohara as no.2.

What Kamys saying makes complete sense and I can see why Venkys (and every owner) would be looking at finances considering the COVid sized hole in the accounts. Someone on here mentioned a sizeable (£5m) transfer fee budget earlier this window and a meeting with a midfielder who would cost seven figures? Maybe ask them about the current situation? 

None of this makes me feel any less anxious about the team we’ll be able to put out but bearing in mind Rich Sharpes most recent Comms I’d expect some movement on the keeper and a cb over the next few days...just a guess.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

The manager knows his budget, hence why enquiries and offers are being made for players. As confirmed yesterday by Rich Sharpe.

I have never stated we had this or that much to spend. As I said three weeks ago now, we’re after two young loan keepers and the names were Iversen and Muric for no.1 and Ohara as no.2.

What Kamys saying makes complete sense and I can see why Venkys (and every owner) would be looking at finances considering the COVid sized hole in the accounts. Someone on here mentioned a sizeable (£5m) transfer fee budget earlier this window.

None of this makes me feel any less anxious about the team we’ll be able to put out but bearing in mind Rich Sharpes most recent Comms I’d expect some movement on the keeper and a cb over the next few days...just a guess.

Do you think a young keeper on loan as our number 1 is satisfactory? After selling Raya for £3 million 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

the owners want to go in the opposite direction.

Yes, we've wanted the owners to go in a different direction for years!

Fixed contracts probably wouldn't stand up to administration and definitely not in a liquidation.

Venkys could try what saved them from administration in 2012 and ask for advanced TV money. Could have already tried and been rebuffed. I think someone posted that the TV money was mortgaged anyway.

Edited by Richard Oakley
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

The irony is that Mowbray may be the only man standing between us having some sort of team next season and a fire sale of players.

He is holding the team together in many ways, although you could argue he also holds it back in other ways. 

I have a feeling he won't last the season and barring Johnson works out then(or even wants it) we could be in for a tough season. 

7 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

The irony is that Mowbray may be the only man standing between us having some sort of team next season and a fire sale of players.

You think?

He might put his foot down for the wrong players like Bennett and Evans!

A sale of one of the crown jewels would allow him a bit of leeway to waste yet more money on dross.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18660741.analysed-players---mowbray-doncaster-cup-tie/

It begins. Mowbray on Doncaster

I like Doncaster, I've watched them a fair bit, including over this summer, analysing one or two of their players,” Mowbray told the club website.

“They have good players and it won't be an easy game, that's for sure.

“There are no easy games in football, even if you'd hope that we can beat Doncaster Rovers at home. We know all too well from the last meeting with them at Ewood Park that it's not that straightforward.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

Yes, we've wanted the owners to go in a different direction for years!

Fixed contracts probably wouldn't stand up to administration and definitely not in a liquidation.

Venkys could try what saved them from administration in 2012 and ask for advanced TV money. Could have already tried and been rebuffed. I think someone posted that the TV money was mortgaged anyway.

You are right about liquidation - in which case there is no club left which seems a high price to pay for moving on people who some don't like - but I think in administration existing contracts do continue unless they can be renegotiated because the idea is to keep the club alive.

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18660741.analysed-players---mowbray-doncaster-cup-tie/

I like Doncaster, I've watched them a fair bit, including over this summer, analysing one or two of their players,” Mowbray told the club website.

“There are no easy games in football, even if you'd hope that we can beat Doncaster Rovers at home. We know all too well from the last meeting with them at Ewood Park that it's not that straightforward.

I'd sack him just for that.

Pathetic.

• Like 6

The V's were probably told that the plan was to sell Dack for upwards of 15 million last season/end of this and that would cover the expenditure on our free scoring striker/wingers. An unfortunate injury has left them well out of pocket now which combined with no income thanks to COVID and a poor return on these huge sums spent has left them tightening the purse strings completely. 

Brace yourselves for AA being sold off.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That home game in League one was the worst rovers performance I've ever seen. Mowbray completely overreacted to the loss at Southend by playing the most insanely defensive team for a home game against a team newly promoted from League 2.

The team he picked was that bad I think I can remember it all.

Raya

Caddis  Nyambe  Ward  Mulgrew   Williams

Smallwood   Evans

Whittingham                        Bennett

Graham

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

So you would be happy with Wharton, Lenihan and Williams? I wouldn't. 

Happy? No. If it's all we've go, hope for the best. We've got Carter. Okay his first goalscoring effort was into his own net, something he shares with both Bruce and Pallister. If he's half the player either of them was, we'll still have a very good CB, Johnson's own goal was more from the Duffy playbook.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

What Kamys saying makes complete sense and I can see why Venkys (and every owner) would be looking at finances considering the COVid sized hole in the accounts. Someone on here mentioned a sizeable (£5m) transfer fee budget earlier this window and a meeting with a midfielder who would cost seven figures? Maybe ask them about the current situation? 

There's a difference between speaking to a player (as Sparks Rover has claimed) and being willing or able to meet their demands.

All the evidence suggests we cant afford £800k for a keeper we wanted.

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

That home game in League one was the worst rovers performance I've ever seen. Mowbray completely overreacted to the loss at Southend by playing the most insanely defensive team for a home game against a team newly promoted from League 2.

The team he picked was that bad I think I can remember it all.

Raya

Caddis  Nyambe  Ward  Mulgrew   Williams

Smallwood   Evans

Whittingham                        Bennett

Graham

God, i'm finding it difficult to find an adjective to describe that team. So many running through my had. 

I will go with depressing. 

• Like 3