BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

22 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

There is very little money to spend.  I have heard that Venky's will continue to fund the club (to meet current liabilities) but they want to reduce overheads as much as they can with money spent on transfers being one of the key cost reduction areas, even if we sell players, some of that money will be used to reduce overheads.  

This has been coming for a few years, there had to come a time when the Venky's made the decision to reduce spending, the hope is that they can transition to this new model of working in a controlled way but I very much doubt that will happen as I have little or no faith in the executive structure at Ewood to be able to successfully manage such a transition.

If this is true, I don't find this surprising at all. Could it be because they are winding down their interest in the club? Or is it because they no longer trust Mowbray?

Two big money signings, as things stand, have failed terribly. Why would you trust a manager with that on his record with any more of your money

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Gallagher and Brereton had better get really good really fast then....

Never mind a profit just the money back for one of them would really help right about now and wouldn't make the slightest difference to this seasons aspirations.

Factor in between them they'll be costing the thick end of 30 grand per week.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
Just now, tomphil said:

Never mind a profit just the money back for one of them would really help right about now and wouldn't make the slightest difference to this seasons aspirations.

Factor in between them they'll be costing the thick end of 30 grand per week.

It’s why many people were getting frustrated at the prospect of a ‘slow build’ as we could see this was coming....

• Like 9

Just now, bringdunnback said:

If this is true, I don't find this surprising at all. Could it be because they are winding down their interest in the club? Or is it because they no longer trust Mowbray?

Two big money signings, as things stand, have failed terribly. Why would you trust a manager with that on his record with any more of your money

Neither.

All part of the grow to sell plan put in place after the audits. Covid has forced the issue somewhat but to be fair they are looking at a season costing about 25 million to run with possibly little or no income at all.

It's going beyond just underwriting the loses it's carrying the entire thing and they won't be alone in that in football.

We are going to have to lump it. Still doesn't alter the fact we shouldn't be in a position of having no proper keepers and 12 million of non scoring strikers.

All that lays at one door only.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, bringdunnback said:

Mowbray should have been sacked cos of these two signings,as for Venkys their failure to appoint a proper manager ever  will be on their epitaph ...

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 6

Just now, tomphil said:

Neither.

All part of the grow to sell plan put in place after the audits. Covid has forced the issue somewhat but to be fair they are looking at a season costing about 25 million to run with possibly little or no income at all.

It's going beyond just underwriting the loses it's carrying the entire thing and they won't be alone in that in football.

We are going to have to lump it. Still doesn't alter the fact we shouldn't be in a position of having no proper keepers and 12 million of non scoring strikers.

All that lays at one door only.

On the ball I would say,but unfortunately the "grow to sell" policy will bypass those we spent money on due to no interest and go straight to prized jewels like Travis and Nyambe. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

There is very little money to spend.  I have heard that Venky's will continue to fund the club (to meet current liabilities) but they want to reduce overheads as much as they can with money spent on transfers being one of the key cost reduction areas, even if we sell players, some of that money will be used to reduce overheads.  

This has been coming for a few years, there had to come a time when the Venky's made the decision to reduce spending, the hope is that they can transition to this new model of working in a controlled way but I very much doubt that will happen as I have little or no faith in the executive structure at Ewood to be able to successfully manage such a transition.

I'm not sure there had to be a reduction in spending at all. I agree there was always likely to be with Venkys.

They move in cycles. They backed Bowyer and spent reasonable money between 2013 and 2015, then decided to slash costs which eventually relegated us to League One. On that occasion it was excused due to FFP yet nobody else did it.

They backed Mowbray in their own weird way with Brereton and Gallagher and not selling anyone but those who have learnt lessons under these owners knew they would expect a return within a couple of years or would extract it in some other way.

Again I'm not sure why this is mandatory. It appears to be the Venky cycle that they want to run the club by. A couple of years of steady investment followed by a couple of years of cost cutting and no investment.

Let's remember Mowbray claiming he put the handbrake on after promotion and persuaded them to follow a long term project. Not really worked out, which many of us expected.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

On the ball I would say,but unfortunately the "grow to sell" policy will bypass those we spent money on due to no interest and go straight to prized jewels like Travis and Nyambe. 

That's the problem and the lack of strikers our academy produces is at the heart of it as i'm sure that played a part in spending big on those two.

Nobody at all knocking on the door at youth level and there never seems to be although out and out strikers and target men are becoming a thing of the past. Sooner the game gets some basics back the better otherwise it's 5 feet tall false 9's and attacking mids along with 6 ft tall wide forwards replacing wingers.

It's as complicated as gender identity out in the real world !

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

What kind of new model are they hoping to transition to?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Academy grads and cheap loans, you’d imagine...

(Not sure where that leaves The European Scouting Model).

Dismantled to save costs. Players released will not be replaced . I would expect a few player sales and no replacements inorder to control costs.

If they only have £10m available for this season we need 1 to 2 player sales to cover the remaining

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kamy100 said:

Thanks for the info. Any idea if Tony will have funds for loans and to pay wages for free transfers? I am guessing with Downing still yet to re-sign he wants to re-sign but wants more money than we are offering? 

45 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Much as I like both of those players " prized jewels " is a bit of an exaggeration. Certainly in Mowbray's head.