BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

So if for example we were able to sell a player for say £7 million with add ons etc (Armstrong or Dack in 6 months etc etc). Do I get the impression that this money would not necessarily be available to restructure but would be used to reduce overheads/pay existing players recuperated by Venkys?

1 hour ago, Kamy100 said:

There is very little money to spend.  I have heard that Venky's will continue to fund the club (to meet current liabilities) but they want to reduce overheads as much as they can with money spent on transfers being one of the key cost reduction areas, even if we sell players, some of that money will be used to reduce overheads.  

This has been coming for a few years, there had to come a time when the Venky's made the decision to reduce spending, the hope is that they can transition to this new model of working in a controlled way but I very much doubt that will happen as I have little or no faith in the executive structure at Ewood to be able to successfully manage such a transition.

We should have thanked him for getting us promoted and then showed him the door. Enthusiasm for the club was on a high and we were well placed to attempt a serious push for promotion. Instead he's managed to dissipate that feel good feeling and blow whatever chances of serious advancement we have with this ludicrous " slow build " concept of football management.

It was obvious at the time to those with eyes that see that he wasn't the man to take us any further. You've got to be ruthless to succeed in pro football.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

So if for example we were able to sell a player for say £7 million with add ons etc (Armstrong or Dack in 6 months etc etc). Do I get the impression that this money would not necessarily be available to restructure but would be used to reduce overheads/pay existing players recuperated by Venkys?

Just like the Rhodes money.

• Like 2

There is very little money to spend.  I have heard that Venky's will continue to fund the club (to meet current liabilities) but they want to reduce overheads as much as they can with money spent on transfers being one of the key cost reduction areas, even if we sell players, some of that money will be used to reduce overheads.  

This has been coming for a few years, there had to come a time when the Venky's made the decision to reduce spending, the hope is that they can transition to this new model of working in a controlled way but I very much doubt that will happen as I have little or no faith in the executive structure at Ewood to be able to successfully manage such a transition.

Thanks for this Kamy, I don't suppose you've any idea about the Cat. 1 academy fits into this do you?

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

If the plug has been pulled, surely TM walks away? He is/was either incredibly naive thinking Venkys would back a long term build or he was given assurances by the owners.

Either way, his plan/promises appear to have gone out the window.  Surely, a principled man won't stand for that.

Don't get our hopes up!

I'm still not 100% sure anybody outside the club knows exactly what's going on. Some people speculating that we do have a budget and some people speculating that we don't. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

If we are potless I wouldn't be bothering with Downing any longer. In fact I wouldn't be bothering with Downing full stop.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

So Northampton might very well come in with a bid for Wharton now.

We aren't really in a position to sell him but we all know he'll be gone if the offer does come in

Yes. What I think will happen is that Northampton will offer cash for Wharton and due to the issues at Rovers we will accept it.

The plan then will be to use the money to get a loan player in at CB. 

Quite disturbing that I expect him to be sold to raise some cash from Northampton given the state of our defence.

• Like 3

This is PRECISELY why sticking with Mowbray and his mythical slow build was the wrong course to take, and why he needed to be replaced it was too late. Promotion was, is, and must be the aim. Anything else will relegate us. Presumably some people would be okay with this? :wacko:

They had the chance to bring in Warnock 4 years ago, long after the so-called ‘mistakes’ and instead went with Coyle, which made Mowbray seem like a huge upgrade. They don’t have a clucking fue what it takes but will gladly pay nice men who don’t complain to run it for them.

“At least they are still paying the bills” :rolleyes:

FOV

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kamy100 said:

Venkys tried this a few years back. It didn't work then and won't work now. Any money raised from sales of players will go into our account in India and won't come back out. The new model of working is one in which Venkys no longer own us.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bringdunnback said:

If this is true, I don't find this surprising at all. Could it be because they are winding down their interest in the club? Or is it because they no longer trust Mowbray?

Two big money signings, as things stand, have failed terribly. Why would you trust a manager with that on his record with any more of your money

This.

Seems pretty clear cut to me.Even if by some miracle we did have coin to spend would they ever trust him again after spunking 12 Million on non scoring 'Strikers?' for very little return?.

Wouldn't trust him to deliver Lemon Drizzle Cake!

Somebody offers £750,000 for Scott Wharton I'd definitely consider it, I'm not saying definitely sell, but you have to assess it on its merits.

We're paying let's say £260,000 a year anyway just to have him on the books and not playing for our first team, plus a £750,000 transfer fee, that's a million pounds onto the budget. If that million is the difference between being able to afford Dillon Phillips' transfer fee or not, its a no brainer. A million onto the budget is a Bradley Dack if you get your recruitment right.

But sadly we don't know how small or large that budget is, and on a footballing/emotional level, you'd probably rather keep Scott Wharton around because you never know what he could become. And of course we'll never know how and when that money received will be spent/used.

3 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

This.

Seems pretty clear cut to me.Even if by some miracle we did have coin to spend would they ever trust him again after spunking 12 Million on non scoring 'Strikers?' for very little return?.

Wouldn't trust him to deliver Lemon Drizzle Cake!

And yet he delivered Adam Armstrong and Bradley Dack who if sold would both fetch fees well in excess of their purchase price.

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

And yet he delivered Adam Armstrong and Bradley Dack who if sold would both fetch fees well in excess of their purchase price.

...And how much of that potential sale money would be reinvested into the side?..very little if info is to be believed.

We really are in ponderous situation 

Edited by A Northern Horde...