BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other football league 2020/21 season

6 hours ago, CheshireRover said:

with a big and passionate fanbase,

Is it a big fan base? About same pop. as Preston. 

Only been once to watch Rovers, sometime in early 80's so genuinely don't know the crowds they are capable of getting. Always like them as a club though, for no obvious reason. Might go back to them beating Arsenal in the FA Cup. 

23 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Is it a big fan base? About same pop. as Preston. 

Only been once to watch Rovers, sometime in early 80's so genuinely don't know the crowds they are capable of getting. Always like them as a club though, for no obvious reason. Might go back to them beating Arsenal in the FA Cup. 

It is a big fan-base. It's just that most of them are Liverpool fans

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rigger said:

It is a big fan-base. It's just that most of them are Liverpool fans

I think that’s misleading. They have a very big catchment area and for a National League club do very well attendance wise. As they grow the club and interest in the club, their attendances will grow with them.

7 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

I think that’s misleading. They have a very big catchment area and for a National League club do very well attendance wise. As they grow the club and interest in the club, their attendances will grow with them.

I doubt very much if they will ever average over 5000.

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

And I thought we where talking about the future.

Ah, you’re clearly being a pedantic pr!ck for the sake of it, I see.

I said their fan base would grow as everything improves there, so the fact that the last season with fans at all games, they achieved a higher than 5k attendance, it would make sense to believe they’d build on that.

Have a good weekend 👍🏼

• Backroom
1 hour ago, rigger said:

1 hour ago, rigger said:

And I thought we where talking about the future.

Sorry but that's like saying Rovers won't ever average 20k fans again, even with good club management.

I suspect you just thought Wrexham were smaller than they actually are.

Edited by Mike E

11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Sorry but that's like saying Rovers won't ever average 20k fans again, even with good club management.

I suspect you just thought Wrexham were smaller than they actually are.

No what I said was that the majority of fans in the Wrexham catchment area are Liverpool supporters. Please don't interrupt half way through a discussion and don't assume my thoughts when you don't know me from Adam.

Edited by rigger

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

No what I said was that the majority of fans in the Wrexham catchment area are Liverpool supporters. Please don't interrupt half way through a discussion and don't assume my thoughts when you don't know me from Adam.

🙄😂

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, rigger said:

I didn't assume, I quoted you exactly. And if you don't want people to join in halfway through a discussion, you might need to sit down when you find out how a message board works.

You said:

1 hour ago, rigger said:

This flies in the face of their average attendance only 2-3 years ago.

Edited by Mike E

24 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I didn't assume, I quoted you exactly. And if you don't want people to join in halfway through a discussion, you might need to sit down when you find out how a message board works.

You said:

This flies in the face of their average attendance only 2-3 years ago.

The discussion was about what might happen in the future. In my opinion I doubt that Wrexham will ever have 5000 regular home supporters in the future because a lot of football supporters in their catchment area are Liverpool supporters. We will not know until it happens. I will probably be dead of old age by then so I am not really bothered.

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, rigger said:

The discussion was about what might happen in the future. In my opinion I doubt that Wrexham will ever have 5000 regular home supporters in the future because a lot of football supporters in their catchment area are Liverpool supporters. We will not know until it happens. I will probably be dead of old age by then so I am not really bothered.

I know what the discussion was about, I read it, quoted what you said and commented on it. Stop being so sensitive.

Fair enough it's your opinion, but I think it's a pretty harsh assessment given they averaged 5000 only 2 years ago in the Conference (which they're still in). Hardly 'never again' territory imo.

Edited by Mike E

Due to the fact that our journeys destination is not the play offs or promotion I Hope Bournemouth hammer Brentford today. I can’t stand the club or their supporters the way the talk about themselves as if they have s history similar to Brazil. Never won anything. They once said on their messages board. Quote a team like us should be beating a team like notts Forest. That’s the same notts Forest that we’re European champions. 

Anyway fingers crossed.

26 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Due to the fact that our journeys destination is not the play offs or promotion I Hope Bournemouth hammer Brentford today. I can’t stand the club or their supporters the way the talk about themselves as if they have s history similar to Brazil. Never won anything. They once said on their messages board. Quote a team like us should be beating a team like notts Forest. That’s the same notts Forest that we’re European champions. 

Anyway fingers crossed.

Nottingham Forest

Bournemouth 1 up but it looked like Brentford should have had a penalty before their striker Danjuma ran the length of the pitch unchallenged.

Penalty to Bournemouth 14th minute! Harsh decision for me.

Ivan Toney scores! 1-1.

Edited by 47er

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

swansea are 9/5 to beat barnsley at home,im`e having some of that😊

If I put £10 on Swansea to win what would the return be? Sorry for my ignorance but betting isn't something I really understand.