BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other football league 2020/21 season

22 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Tabloid man, Kelvin MacKenzie playing the exploited football fan, a group that he has made a career, at least partially, exploiting. And, back to scapegoating individuals, I see.

MacKenzie...God, I never recognised him!...until you mentioned it. My lad showed me the video.

Re the scapegoating, Lyle Taylor was one of a number of footballers, who took that line, but were I a Charlton fan, I know I would feel aggrieved about this player.

Obviously, relegation was not only down to Taylor, but he might have helped avoid it.

I certainly felt aggrieved about Shane Duffy and Owen Coyle. I am not sure I was merely scapegoationg them.

That said, I lay the blame for that dreadful relegation squarely on the shoulders of our ever so 'umble owners!

Never forgive. Never forget lol

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

52 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

MacKenzie...God, I never recognised him!...until you mentioned it. My lad showed me the video.

Re the scapegoating, Lyle Taylor was one of a number of footballers, who took that line, but were I a Charlton fan, I know I would feel aggrieved about this player.

Obviously, relegation was not only down to Taylor, but he might have helped avoid it.

I certainly felt aggrieved about Shane Duffy and Owen Coyle. I am not sure I was merely scapegoationg them.

That said, I lay the blame for that dreadful relegation squarely on the shoulders of our ever so 'umble owners!

MacKenzie had it in for Rovers too.

The Men In Clogs

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Yes, sorry, didn't make myself clear. I don't know the full details of the Lyle Taylor case at Charlton, except that he refused to play after the season resumed post-Lockdown 1, last year, to stay healthy to secure his lucrative move to Forest. However, MacKenzie, in typical style says that he blames Taylor "exclusively" for Charlton's relegation to League One, which is ridiculous and unfair scapegoating, no matter how badly Taylor might have behaved.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Let's not forget that the arsehole Mackenzie was editor of the Sun when they published the infamous 'The Truth' headline about Liverpool fans after Hillsborough, urinating on the dead and picking their pockets. An utter, utter pathetic excuse for a man.

• Like 3

On 11/02/2021 at 22:21, riverholmes said:

Yes, sorry, didn't make myself clear. I don't know the full details of the Lyle Taylor case at Charlton, except that he refused to play after the season resumed post-Lockdown 1, last year, to stay healthy to secure his lucrative move to Forest. However, MacKenzie, in typical style says that he blames Taylor "exclusively" for Charlton's relegation to League One, which is ridiculous and unfair scapegoating, no matter how badly Taylor might have behaved.

Quite.

I don't blame Duffy exclusively for that relegation either, but, as a Rovers fan, those (deliberate?) own goals certainly rankled....

The "no matter how badly Taylor" clause doesn't give him a free pass for me, even though Mackenzie is undoubtedly a t****.

In a recent interview with Rio Ferdinand's Youtube show, Ravel Morrison reiterated his claim that, whilst at West Ham, Sam Allardyce conditioned the offer of a new contract for him on switching agents to someone linked to Allardyce. Morrison, who says that he was satisfied with his existing deal and life at West Ham at the time, says that he refused and then after this, he was eased out of the club, first on loan and then permanently.

Allardyce and his agent denied the allegations when they were first made in 2014 or so. 

The BBC have covered the Morrison interview today and their headline focuses on Morrison stealing first team player boots which got him banned from the dressing room at Utd. The Allardyce allegation is dealt with in one line: "he alleges a disagreement over a contract with then manager Sam Allardyce ended his time with the Hammers."

Allardyce's side of the story must be presented but the allegations are extremely serious and deserve far more attention from journalists.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

I recall when Grayson played for the first team v Oldham and he had a shocker then. I noticed that Vale hasnt made the Rochdale squad tonight, Magloire tends to be a sub for Motherwell too. Chapman seems the exception and even he was nowhere near our first team.

It is a worry for me in regards to the chasm that seems to be between an impressively successful under 23 side and a mediocre first team or even at lower levels elsewhere. That might be down to the system, does sanitised kid football prepare players for senior football? Unsure. Even the graduates, Rankin Costello has never nailed down a spot, Buckley looks well off, I hope a couple really cement themselves.

27 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Joe Grayson playing for Oxford against League 2 Tranmere has just had a horrendous first half.

Yellow carded. Substituted at half time but that hasn't stopped Tranmere doubling their lead.

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good lad. Refs have put up with player's abuse, scheming and cheating for years so it's good to see one standing their ground not taking any grief. Turns out Drysdale's in the RAF, so that may account for something!

• Like 1

I have worked with Darren many times in the past and he is a really easy going, placid type. He is a high ranking RAF officer too. Something was said that triggered off his aggression and reaction. For me there are two potential endings to this. He will either be suspended or he will resign of his own volition embarrassed by his loss of control.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have worked with Darren many times in the past and he is a really easy going, placid type. He is a high ranking RAF officer too. Something was said that triggered off his aggression and reaction. For me there are two potential endings to this. He will either be suspended or he will resign of his own volition embarrassed by his loss of control.

It'd be a shame if that was the end of his career. It wasn't much more than handbags in my opinion. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It'd be a shame if that was the end of his career. It wasn't much more than handbags in my opinion. 

I think the decision will be entirely his but his day job and the responsibilities that goes with it might force his hand. It was pretty much handbags but from a referees perspective he has completely lost control and that shouldn't happen. What hasn't helped him is the fact he didn't send Judge off. If what was said was enough for him to react like he did then surely he should have shown Judge the red card. As it was he cautioned him for what to me appeared to be simulation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Footballers are a bunch of overpaid and over protected bunch of children.

They scream and shout at referees with essentially no consequences. I for one am delighted that a 6ft referee has finally put one of the jumped up little pricks in his place.

As previously stated, he should have just sent judge off. A yellow for simulation, then a second yellow for what Judge said to the ref. It might have even set a precedence.

Barrow have parted company with their second manager of the season as Michael Jolley has left. An interesting twist on normal reasons in that Barrow say that they and Jolley "have differing visions for how the team should play, which has led to this change being made". Rob Kelly is back in temporary charge.

3 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Barrow have parted company with their second manager of the season as Michael Jolley has left. An interesting twist on normal reasons in that Barrow say that they and Jolley "have differing visions for how the team should play, which has led to this change being made". Rob Kelly is back in temporary charge.

Sounds like a chairman/owner trying to have input into playing side of the game,things never go well when a team has one of those.

• Like 1