BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other football league 2020/21 season

10 minutes ago, Meesh said:

Don't think he has the same pace that he had before his ACL injury, so he'll be better-suited to the number 10 position. He'll have no problem getting a contract in League One in summer. The real question is whether his heart is still in the game.

He was lightning quick over 10 yards before the injury. I think that's gone now, he'll have to learn other ways of playing. Just kicking it past another player then running after it is no longer an option.

A self-inflicted injury that was and one of the most stupid I've seen in the last few years. It was in the last few minutes at Wigan in the League 1 season. Bennett had been sent off and it was 0-0 so we were trying to see the game out. Chapman had the ball by our left wing corner flag and tried to beat a Wigan player instead of just thumping it away. He lost the ball and dived into the Wigan player to get it back,. A foul to Wigan and he had to go off leaving us with 9 men for the last few minutes. He then missed the rest of that season.

40 minutes ago, only2garners said:

A self-inflicted injury that was and one of the most stupid I've seen in the last few years. It was in the last few minutes at Wigan in the League 1 season. Bennett had been sent off and it was 0-0 so we were trying to see the game out. Chapman had the ball by our left wing corner flag and tried to beat a Wigan player instead of just thumping it away. He lost the ball and dived into the Wigan player to get it back,. A foul to Wigan and he had to go off leaving us with 9 men for the last few minutes. He then missed the rest of that season.

As I recall John he actually came back on after having treatment but was clearly struggling which only served to make the injury worse. If I am on the right player he needed surgery after the hamstring actually tore away from the bone. But we held on for an 0-0 in extenuating circumstances 😁😁.

I looked back at the record of the game on the Rovers website to make sure I had the facts right. The report said that as a result we ended up with 9 men on the pitch. It might well be that he stayed on for a while and exacerbated the injury but by the end he was off.

On 31/01/2021 at 14:30, chaddyrovers said:

Missed this originally. Interesting appointment - tons of success at that level makes it seem like a good appointment and he would have been my favourite for the Rovers job a few times (including before and after Coyle.) However his last couple of roles haven't been great making you wonder if he's not moved on with the times and is past his sell by date. Will be interesting to see whether that's the case. 

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

I looked back at the record of the game on the Rovers website to make sure I had the facts right. The report said that as a result we ended up with 9 men on the pitch. It might well be that he stayed on for a while and exacerbated the injury but by the end he was off.

Sorry I should have mentioned that in my post that knew we finished with nine men, Chapman came back on and clearly couldn't run so off he went again. The Bennett send off was incredibly harsh.

5 minutes ago, only2garners said:

It was arbitro. The report reminded me of it - he jumped out of the way of a lunge by a Wigan player and got a second yellow for simulation.

It was the fourth official who advised the referee to caution him. The referee was in a good position and allowed himself to be influenced and over ruled by someone who was fifty yards away. Poor all round.

3 hours ago, only2garners said:

Matt Derbyshire against City was the most stupid thing to do on a football pitch I've seen for a long while. That was a really brain dead play.

Many years ago Stoke City were playing at Leeds in the FA Cup. Stoke played really well but fell behind 1-0 right at the death. Stoke threw everything at Leeds in an attempt to get an equaliser. Stoke had a real dafty playing at full back called Mike Pejic, a good player but one not to be provoked if you could help it.

He'd chased down a long bouncing no hope ball down field but the Leeds goalie, Gary Sprake, just got there first. He caught the ball and shook it in Pejic's face. Pejic just pretended to try to head the ball but went over the top and nutted Sprake properly. He was laid out. Now that was stupid.

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Oh and our old friend Marcus Maddison got sent off 15 minutes into his Bolton debut 

What a curious case that lad is. Was tearing it up down there - was linked to just about every Championship club at one point, never got a move due to ludicrous wage demands and/or the fee Peterborough wanted. Ran his contract down and then joined possibly the worst club to join in the Championship at that point on a short term contract, Hull who had just sold their two best players. They got relegated with MM hardly standing out, Hull decided against extending his contract and nobody else showed an interest in picking him up, now he is playing for cashless Bolton at the bottom of League 2.

Rewind a couple of seasons and I bet he didnt think his career would have panned out like this. Obviously has an inflated ego/attitude wanted unrealistic wages and has now been forced to take probably less than he ever has.

• Like 1

On 28/01/2021 at 14:22, Leonard Venkhater said:

Didn't know where else to post this.

The points are well made about the reality of football culture!

Tabloid man, Kelvin MacKenzie playing the exploited football fan, a group that he has made a career, at least partially, exploiting. And, back to scapegoating individuals, I see.