BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thomas Kaminski

3 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

‘Serious action’ like we can suddenly start throwing millions around. You’d be the first to criticise if we ended up under a transfer embargo. 

It's like you didn't read the board during the window (maybe you didn't) as this argument was debunked quite thoroughly and repeatedly.

• Moderation Lead

It’s incredibly disappointing to see some baiting taking place in this thread and also in others over the last few days! Particularly after the back room guys spent so long drawing them up.

If anyone needs to familiarise themselves with them, they’re right here- 

There won’t be any further warnings like this, only time away from the forum. 
Don’t say you weren’t warned!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, andyroversmad said:

Great news!

Best GK we've had since Friedel.

Personally I think Raya was pretty much on par with Kaminski and has now developed into a slightly better all around keeper (aside from the odd mistake!) not much between them though and I'm glad we've got Kaminski  signed up for what should be his peak years now

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The news about Kaminsky is probably the most positive bit of news that's come out of Ewood in some considerable time.

We've obviously learned a bit from the Nyambe/Lenihan/Rothwell catastrophe.

Who’s the chap who used to be on here that responded to every bit of news like this with: ‘who is his agent?’

Always does make you wonder at Rovers though under this lot, how some get done and others just don’t.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The news about Kaminsky is probably the most positive bit of news that's come out of Ewood in some considerable time.

We've obviously learned a bit from the Nyambe/Lenihan/Rothwell catastrophe.

I'm not sure we've learned from that because of this. It's not like we never tied up a decent player on a contract before. We will have learnt from Nyambe/Lenihan/Rothwell if we keep at least two of the three.

On 11/02/2022 at 21:40, 1864roverite said:

Oh don’t get me wrong I have previously fully advocated changes behind the scenes as well as the manager. However I know full well the changes that have happened that continue to happen the ambition and planning that is in progress and I am allowed to have changed my point of view based on that. The point being as highlighted many believe issues behind the scenes prevent players from signing and constantly lay blame on the club todays news contract for TK dismisses that notion! In fact I am happy to suggest that another deal is very close to being done and dusted👍. It shows that neither SW or TM can be held to blame

You may be partly referring to me here.

I am delighted Kaminski has signed and hopefully (we need it) more will follow.

I maintain my view that it is increasing wages that has been the issue here which is why those on lower end wages from their academy days - Lenihan, Nyambe - or those on League One figures - Rothwell - have been unable to secure the increase they seek whilst Gallagher and Kaminski - both likely to be on much bigger wages already - are probably happy to sign up for another couple of years on the same sort of cash.

I think Venkys have directed no pay increases or something similar which is why the deadlock on those on low wages who want paying a figure reflective of Championship regulars. A percentage increase which is probably incompatible with the 'structure' Venkys are driving.

On 13/02/2022 at 00:00, JHRover said:

You may be partly referring to me here.

I am delighted Kaminski has signed and hopefully (we need it) more will follow.

I maintain my view that it is increasing wages that has been the issue here which is why those on lower end wages from their academy days - Lenihan, Nyambe - or those on League One figures - Rothwell - have been unable to secure the increase they seek whilst Gallagher and Kaminski - both likely to be on much bigger wages already - are probably happy to sign up for another couple of years on the same sort of cash.

I think Venkys have directed no pay increases or something similar which is why the deadlock on those on low wages who want paying a figure reflective of Championship regulars. A percentage increase which is probably incompatible with the 'structure' Venkys are driving.

So Gallagher and Kaminski are on a certain amount lets say out of thin air, cos none of us know, 18 and 15 grand a week respectively. Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwells and their agents believe they will get more than this(or what we are offering them, because maybe the club isn't offering Nyambe more, but I would imagine Lenihan is at least being offered what Gallagher is on) if A-we get promoted or B-They continue playing well and get a move to someone who will pay more than our wage cap will allow. Lenihan and Rothwell might get those deals and you throw in a signing on fee and maybe even Nyambe will. 

In good contract negotiations, the organisation needs to have a line in the sand or you will just foster an atmosphere of contempt and whispers of who is actually on what. 

Time will tell if the players and their agents are correct.  Positively for the club, they need to perform at a high standard for that to happen. Then they also may need to consider do they move a to a club who is less competitive than us, but pay more, or a club where they may not be a key player. 

It's not as simple as the club just throw money at them 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Will be all about money, lets be realistic. They are human beings trying to provide for their family. Like Gallagher, im guessing that Kaminski will be on similar wages to what he was on already, maybe a slight hike, the other 3 are in positions to demand much more than when they signed last time, which is why if we dont go up I imagine all 3 will be off, especially Rothwell and Nyambe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I think it's really shitty that they didn't play him on Tuesday. It was a friendly against Burkina Faso ffs. I bet he's thinking if he can't get on the pitch for that, when will he? I see they played some other backup keeper tbf, but one who had already been capped. With it being a friendly, could even have given them a half each.

I feel for Thomas, being dragged along to all those squads and not even getting a few minutes in the most minor of games against shite opponents. Must be frustrating. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why would they hand out token caps if they didnt think a player was capable? The issue with international football, he can make himself unavailable if he doesnt like it.

Why would they repeatedly call him up to the squad if they didn't think he was capable of keeping out Burkina Faso?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

We've read a lot of bullshit posted over the past few seasons about the backroom team, Benson in particularly, well here's the real inside story from someone who knows:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20781950.coaching-consistency-key-blackburn-rovers-no-1-thomas-kaminski/

It was really important for me,” Kaminski said of Benson staying on.

“Since day one I’ve had a really good connection with me.

“He’s always been honest with me, telling me where to improve, so he’s definitely not telling me every day how good I am, but he’s telling me every day what I need to improve which is important for me

“He tells me the truth which is important.”

Kaminski has welcomed the new approach under Jon Dahl Tomasson in what he described as a ‘European’ coaching style. But keeping continuity within the goalkeeping department is something the Belgian has welcomed.

He said: “I think that part of consistency is important I don’t think I’m the only one who thinks that.

“The other goalie’s find that important.

“Ben is an ambitious person, very intense with us which is exactly what we need, what I need.”

• Like 1

i don`t believe any of it,i was right behind the goals at sheff utd warming up last  week,there was`nt much interaction between the two,thomas looked  ****** off as benson could`nt even cross the ball properly for him to catch it,he had to get a young lad from the bench to do it

what gives benson the right to coach a highly skilled professional goalkeeper when he himself has`nt even played football to any level,can i go on a building site and start telling bricklayers how to lay a course straight,no i can`t because iv`e never done it,only use for benson is to write down the subs and wave to the ref,either that or join lowe in putting the cones and bibs out

21 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair, he isn't going to come out and say how shit he is!

He wouldn't come out and say anything at all if he was shit.

Clearly he's got plenty of time for Benson and praises him personally which is good enough for me.