BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Let's Talk Tyrhys Dolan

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

I thought he was much better playing JDT ball, 1-2 touches, buzzing around. Now he’s gone back to stepovers, going round in circles and falling over. His interplay with Sammy that led to Sammy’s shot was JDT stuff.

Nothing's changed here. His decision making is absymal and he blows hot once every dozen games. Smells of journeyman if he leaves us. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

I thought he was much better playing JDT ball, 1-2 touches, buzzing around. Now he’s gone back to stepovers, going round in circles and falling over. His interplay with Sammy that led to Sammy’s shot was JDT stuff.

His strengths are when others are around him thinking forward. 

Under this regime he runs in circle's because no one is coming near him to receive the ball. 

Big difference in jdt style and this set up is highlighted by Dolan. He's got potential to be a good player but the system doesn't suit him. He'll be sold for pittance in the summer 

• Like 2

On 31/03/2024 at 10:13, NeilInBristol said:

His strengths are when others are around him thinking forward. 

Under this regime he runs in circle's because no one is coming near him to receive the ball. 

Big difference in jdt style and this set up is highlighted by Dolan. He's got potential to be a good player but the system doesn't suit him. He'll be sold for pittance in the summer 

Played to his strengths today and this time the players actually moved towards him. Much better team performance 

15 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Played to his strengths today and this time the players actually moved towards him. Much better team performance 

I don’t think he’ll be here next season. Somebody further up the food chain like Luton will take a punt on him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Szmodics makes the headlines today for his 30 goals this season (and rightly so), but can we just take a moment to commend Tyrhys Dolan today (again). He’s finding some great form of late. Love the work rate and love the player. What a fucking ball to find Sammy there. Really hope he stays in Summer.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, norwichblue said:

Szmodics makes the headlines today for his 30 goals this season (and rightly so), but can we just take a moment to commend Tyrhys Dolan today (again). He’s finding some great form of late. Love the work rate and love the player. What a fucking ball to find Sammy there. Really hope he stays in Summer.

I wouldn't say he is finding great form, I will admit it was a great ball.

• Like 1

I've just read an article from mid July 2023 saying we are well into negotiations with Dolan. These are some long old negotiations! Can't help but think, we are getting a year extension then he walks for free.

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It was a difficult game for him but I dont think he did much at all today, his lack of pace really holds him back. But his assist was exceptional, perfectly done.

I have read several times about his lack of pace but I don't see that. His decision making at times is questionable but yesterday he was a real team player and disciplined in pretty much everything he did.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have read several times about his lack of pace but I don't see that. His decision making at times is questionable but yesterday he was a real team player and disciplined in pretty much everything he did.

When has Dolan shown any pace, his legs move fast but his body doesn't. He is deceptively slow.

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

When has Dolan shown any pace, his legs move fast but his body doesn't. He is deceptively slow.

His legs move fast but his body doesn't - I don't get that. He has shown pace on numerous occasions like yesterday when he sprinted the full half of the pitch when Szmodics went through. His run actually occupied another defender and allowed Szmodics to get his shot away.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

His legs move fast but his body doesn't - I don't get that. He has shown pace on numerous occasions like yesterday when he sprinted the full half of the pitch when Szmodics went through. His run actually occupied another defender and allowed Szmodics to get his shot away.

Scooby.gif.75b6d7d64cecabf153a12613de5c4900.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He might have sprinted 50 yards, just not faster than anyone else. 

• Like 1

For me, Dolan would always be one of the first names on the teamsheet.  His work rate is tremendous and even when some of his decision making lets him down, he never stops trying.  He never hides on the pitch when things aren't always going his way.  I don't get the theory that he's not quick - he's shown that on numerous occasions, and his control and pass yesterday was a perfect example of what he can bring to the team. 

His attitude, the setbacks he faced in life, the way he has overcome his struggles with mental health, would suggest that this is the short of lad you want representing your club.  For me, he is one player that I would want to get signed up to a new contract.  I've always believed that he is a cracking little player.  The fact he has played so many games, under three different managers, would suggest that he his highly regarded by those who work with him on a daily basis.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

He might have sprinted 50 yards, just not faster than anyone else. 

How when he kept up with the Leeds defenders and Szmodics.

28 minutes ago, cesus said:

I've just read an article from mid July 2023 saying we are well into negotiations with Dolan. These are some long old negotiations! Can't help but think, we are getting a year extension then he walks for free.

as GB said in his interview that there is a contract offer on the table for Dolan to re-sign here. Dolan has been waiting to see what division we would be in before committed his future here but I expect he will re-sign here

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

How when he kept up with the Leeds defenders and Szmodics.

When you keep up with someone, you are not faster than them. If you think Dolan is fast so-be-it. By the way Szmodics isn't fast either.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1