BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Let's Talk Tyrhys Dolan

If tis so,then move Samir & Leo on (if possible).

Dolan is an exciting player to watch,high energy levels and even if playing badly doesnt seem to "disappear" in games,(just misses chances instead).

Excites the younger fans,as well. All of them Ive spoken to said Dolan has replaced Diaz as their favourite player!!

Get the lad signed up pronto.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Problem now is that if Samir T and Leo W are on 10 grand a week then Dolan, Gally and SS will demand at least 20…

Semir and Leo won’t be on anywhere near £10k. Leo was always coming in as backup to Pears and Telalovic will be lucky to be on a couple of grand and some magic beans.

If we had a budget then I think we could replace Gally and Dolan for similar or better, but if they go in the next 18months it will be a freebies or someone else’s kids coming in. 

Edited by Hasta

33 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Semir and Leo won’t be on anywhere near £10k. Leo was always coming in as backup to Pears and Telalovic will be lucky to be on a couple of grand and some magic beans.

If we had a budget then I think we could replace Gally and Dolan for similar or better, but if they go in the next 18months it will be a freebies or someone else’s kids coming in. 

I would say “shoulda’t be” as opposed to “aren’t” as we still have a wage bill that defies logic and seemingly crap negotiators… 

Anything less than TK is a “reduction in the wage bill” - same goes in regard to replacements for BB and BD. That they may be crap seems to be less relevant to their wage level… 

I really would like to know who negotiates the numbers - I have a bridge for sale…

• Backroom
11 hours ago, Neal said:

It's down to where he's played. HE IS NOT A WINGER. 

He doesn't have the genuine pace to play out wide. His best performances have always been when he's played more central, pressing defenders, breaking into the box, turning people whilst playing between the lines. He's an easy player to mark when he's wasted out wide. 

He’s Dickov, but without the aggression. If he can add the aggression (and I don’t mean petulance), he’ll be a bloody menace.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Are Dolan & Gallagher ACTUALLY any good? No doubts we’ve missed them, but only because their replacements are absolute garbage. 

For me they’re just good in comparison to the poorer standard of player we've signed who really should’ve been a step up in quality if the club had any real ambition to keep progressing.

Neither Gally or Dolan have consistently shown they’re up to it in the past. What’s changed now?

They are both decent Championship players. Neither are top 6 quality and they have shown that in the last 2 seasons, and both have their flaws, but they are important for us.

You are right in that the alternatives in their positions for us have been embarassing, so you could argue that it makes our record with Gallagher and Dolan less impressive, because people just put it down to the ineptitude of the alternatives. But both would be wanted by quite a few teams in the league I would suggest and neither would be easy to replace. 

If we was a genuine top 6 contender, then you would probably want them as squad players perhaps.

• Like 2

There’s a bit of a blinker mentality with your own players, ‘he’s crap’, ‘he’s not good enough’. Well compared to the players we saw before this lot darkened our doors, Dolan, as an example, is obviously not close to their level, but he’s well at home in the Championship, so is good enough for the level he/we are playing at.

Outside the parachute clubs most players don’t stand out as anything special (and that’s why Adam Wharton did like a sore thumb) so they spend their careers down here and as clubs don’t have the funds to get ones that are any better there’s a shitload of them across the league.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

We've seen the same with Gallagher. Many have offered to pay to drive him to his next club and would give him away. He wasnt worth what we paid and he isnt a natural goalscorer but hes a decent striker at this level that would get in a few teams, yet many have lost all context on him.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, rigger said:

Dispite two goals yesterday, I would still not offer him an improved deal. If he was to score six more goals between now and the end of the season, I might change my mind.

You don't ask much of our players do you, if they don't score at least 10 league goals in a season in a max of 36 games (if he plays the rest, and he's only managed 70+ minutes on 9 occasions so far), then they have to leave the club apparently.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Are Dolan & Gallagher ACTUALLY any good? No doubts we’ve missed them, but only because their replacements are absolute garbage. 

For me they’re just good in comparison to the poorer standard of player we've signed who really should’ve been a step up in quality if the club had any real ambition to keep progressing.

Neither Gally or Dolan have consistently shown they’re up to it in the past. What’s changed now?

Who has?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I've not been Dolans biggest fan but played in the right position he can be useful for us. 

Same situation with Gallagher though, we need to get rid of players like Markanday, Telalovic (probably) & Vale before we let these 2 go.

2 goals in 42 minutes of football.  Vale will be "like a new signing" next season 😉 

On a more serious note, Motherwell fans seem to like him, apparently he is "rapid", glad his loan is working out for him.

https://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/search/?q=vale&quick=1

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

Think Dolan and Gallagher in a two with Szmodics in behind will suit both of them very well. Theyre both players who thrive off covering a huge amount of ground, and the 4231, 433, 343 all limited them to playing in more narrow channels as other players in their space. Szmodics goal scoring might suffer a bit conversely as he is pushed back into midfield - though he got one on Saturday.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Think Dolan and Gallagher in a two with Szmodics in behind will suit both of them very well. Theyre both players who thrive off covering a huge amount of ground, and the 4231, 433, 343 all limited them to playing in more narrow channels as other players in their space. Szmodics goal scoring might suffer a bit conversely as he is pushed back into midfield - though he got one on Saturday.

Hell of a trio for a team set up to press and counter attack, almost like playing with three Paul Dickov. Then again, while I think Sammie has proven he's the real deal, both Gallagher and Dolan need to spend less time injured (probably a lost cause in Gallagher's case) and Gallagher's sometimes atrocious controlling of the ball will always hold him back. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Commondore said:

Hell of a trio for a team set up to press and counter attack, almost like playing with three Paul Dickov. Then again, while I think Sammie has proven he's the real deal, both Gallagher and Dolan need to spend less time injured (probably a lost cause in Gallagher's case) and Gallagher's sometimes atrocious controlling of the ball will always hold him back. 

Yeah they must be the hardest working front three in the division. All of them absolutely ridiculous in how much ground they cover.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, bluebruce said:

You don't ask much of our players do you, if they don't score at least 10 league goals in a season in a max of 36 games (if he plays the rest, and he's only managed 70+ minutes on 9 occasions so far), then they have to leave the club apparently.

I don't think asking 10 goals a seaosn from a striker is asking too much.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KentExile said:

2 goals in 42 minutes of football.  Vale will be "like a new signing" next season 😉 

On a more serious note, Motherwell fans seem to like him, apparently he is "rapid", glad his loan is working out for him.

13 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Totally agree. We've missed these 3 for such a big part of the season. If they all stay fit we will be scoring a few more goals which is what we have been missing. As long as we score one more than the opposition we will be fine. 

15 hours ago, KentExile said:

Hahah nice set of stats there mate haha 

12 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah they must be the hardest working front three in the division. All of them absolutely ridiculous in how much ground they cover.

Yep well underrated 

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Wasnt at the weekend, ahead of 3 centre backs.

That is asking one of the three forwards to play in central midfield. None of Dolan, Szmodic or Gallagher fit that role. Personally I would play 3 center-backs, two wing backs, three central mid-fielders, and two forwards. This can be a more defensive minded system, it depends how good your wing-backs are.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tbh after having a lot of hope snd patience in dolan over recent seasons, mainly due to his determination and work rate, but I'm now almost done with him tbh just no end product and hasn't shown any real signs of improvement over the last 2 seasons

Good squad player, but if he's demanding to be one of the clubs top earners to stay then I'd let him go. 

That said... If the worst happens and we got relegated then he could be a big big player for us in div 1

On 23/02/2024 at 07:53, arbitro said:

A great achievement from a personable young man.

It is just a shame that someone with such poor skills is able to make 150 Rovers appearances by the age of 22 

Edited by rigger