BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Let's Talk Tyrhys Dolan

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We really do need to get him on a long term deal even though he isnt always on it. For a player at his age, he is an important member of the squad, otherwise he will need selling in the summer.

I also would prefer Gallagher to stay, them 2 and Szmodics are the 3 attacking players we have that we know are up to the level. Telalovic is woeful, Leonard needs a loan, Markanday is crap, Moran is poor and will go back and Sigurdsson is unconvincing.

The positive we have here is that even if Dolan wont sign and we end up taking up the option and extending his contract for a year, at the end of next season, due to his age, he does not walk for free* (as he would still be under 24), it will go to a tribunal, and due to how many appearances he has etc, it will not be an insignificant fee and it would include a sell on (very rare that tribunal decisions do not include these)

Personally, I would be using the money "saved" (if any of it still exists) from the McGuire deal & his wage to tie Dolan and Gallagher down for the next 3-4 years

* As long as he stays in England

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, philipl said:

Yes definitely need to get Dolan signed up.

Agree, have to say that I wasn't his biggest fan, but since he has come back from his injury, and he seems in a better place after his mental health issues, he has been fantastic.

Well deserved a new contract now

• Like 3

Nice to see Dolan hugging Eustace at the end (along with a few other players). You never know. Perhaps he just wasn't enjoying it under the previous Head Coach.

Let's hope he signs because it feels like he has matured and become a better all-round player in the last season or two.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

What you reckon, rigger? New deal?

Dispite two goals yesterday, I would still not offer him an improved deal. If he was to score six more goals between now and the end of the season, I might change my mind.

• Like 1

Im struggling to remember a player who goes through such extreme runs of form (either good or bad) than Dolan. 

There are months he looks unplayable and a vital cog in the team with assists, goals and workrate. Then there are other months where calling him a national league player would be generous! 

All players go through good and bad form or course, I just find his particularly extreme!

Edited by BRFC4EVA

36 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Nice to see Dolan hugging Eustace at the end (along with a few other players). You never know. Perhaps he just wasn't enjoying it under the previous Head Coach.

Let's hope he signs because it feels like he has matured and become a better all-round player in the last season or two.

I think Eustace coming in will sway Dolan to sign…Eustace is known for bringing the best out of his players, especially the youngsters - here’s hoping.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Neal said:

It's down to where he's played. HE IS NOT A WINGER. 

He doesn't have the genuine pace to play out wide. His best performance have always been when he's played more central, pressing defenders, breaking into the box, turning people whilst playing between the lines. He's an easy player to mark when he's wasted out wide. 

100%!  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

He doesn't have the genuine pace to play out wide. His best performance have always been when he's played more central, pressing defenders, breaking into the box, turning people whilst playing between the lines. He's an easy player to mark when he's wasted out wide. 

Yeah, he’s quick over 10 yards but he’s not fast over 30/40 yards. He has to play nearer the goal and where the action is.

• Like 3

I've been one of his worst critics, but he played very well yesterday. 

Getting the ball forward quicker and behind defenders makes much better use of him IMO.

If he has to stop and think, he's nowhere near as effective and inevitably turns back.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neal said:

He doesn't have the genuine pace to play out wide. His best performances have always been when he's played more central, pressing defenders, breaking into the box, turning people whilst playing between the lines. He's an easy player to mark when he's wasted out wide. 

I totally agree, the problem comes when the choice is between Dolan and Szmodic for their best positions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, goozburger said:

Who was responsible for that? Certainly not Mowbray.

Lads quality at this level, get him signed up, we need all the help we can get.

Whilst we are at it, get Gallagher signed up too, we've missed him badly whilst he's been out injured.

• Like 2

Are Dolan & Gallagher ACTUALLY any good? No doubts we’ve missed them, but only because their replacements are absolute garbage. 

For me they’re just good in comparison to the poorer standard of player we've signed who really should’ve been a step up in quality if the club had any real ambition to keep progressing.

Neither Gally or Dolan have consistently shown they’re up to it in the past. What’s changed now?

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

Lads quality at this level, get him signed up, we need all the help we can get.

Whilst we are at it, get Gallagher signed up too, we've missed him badly whilst he's been out injured.

Totally agree. Both much signed on here & of course they have their issues, but they are crucial to us offensively & those stats don't lie. 

• Like 1