BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Let's Talk Tyrhys Dolan

Just gives the ball away all the time.

Before the subs were made it felt like the game for him to come on, and I was willing him to perform, first few touches looked good.

Needs to regain that spark he had when he first broke in. He checks back too much, tries too many cute layoffs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes never been particularly good hence his inability to ever nail down a starting place. Problem is due to constant budget cuts, we need him to step up more than ever and he isnt capable.

That's not true at all. There have definitely been times he was particularly good. When he first came through he looked like he was going to the top, and he's had patches of fine form.

The problem is consistency. This season though he seems to have regressed when you'd expect improvement, and as much as I've defended him in the past, he needs to improve to be worthy of more than occasional cameos at present. I don't think the bulking up he seems to have done has helped. He's a bit stronger but he's a bit slower too. He was never particularly fast over long distances, but he did have a good burst of pace and change of direction. That's diminished a bit and hampered his ability to beat a man properly. Small margins make a big difference. His loss of form is down to more than just that though, he really hasn't been on it all season.

• Like 1

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Was unfair in your opinion, some of us could see the deficiencies in his game since he signed.  Now anyone with half a brain can defend against him.

Well it is indeed my opinion, I would hope I don't need to put that as a disclaimer with every statement! Nobody has ever said he's the perfect player, but he's still contributed with goals and assists as a young player in previous seasons, and had improved from 21/22 to 22/23, reasonably enough from a kid who was only 19/20 at the time.

This season however he's really struggled to make any kind of impact, despite JDT putting him in as a first team regular (granted mainly because we have no squad depth). He'd missed some real sitters as well, and his confidence seems dented. Would make sense at this point to take him out of the firing line for a while. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Was unfair in your opinion, some of us could see the deficiencies in his game since he signed.  Now anyone with half a brain can defend against him.

More like 'some of us' had a rod out for his back whether he was playing well or not.

Not sure what's going on with him, but he's been awful - last night was the worst of the lot.

Got the ball, did nothing, then lost the ball and we're under pressure.

Markanday looked ten times better and he wasn't particularly great.

If he's not able to pull himself out of whatever he's struggling with, we need to sell in Jan.
You can't tell me that Gilsanen would have been a worse option last night.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, rigger said:

There is no debate about Dolan ; He is not good enough.

He was outstanding against Premiership Leicester last season, best player on the pitch, but he’s been poor so far this season, no arguments on that one.

JDT keeps picking him, which tells its own story, I’d like him to stay, but his agent may have other plans. 

• Like 1

It's a shame how badly he has regressed. When he burst into the scene, he was a joy to watch, always wanting to take on his player, very enthusiastic, always play with a smile on his face. Not sure if it's due to the death of his best mate.

Now he just passes the ball back, even when he takes on players, he cant get the ball out of his feet, misses sitters too. All is not well with him. To be fair to JDT, he's giving Dolan alot of chances to play.

This young guy badly needs to sort himself out.

• Like 3

I seem to recall he used to be quite direct. Now he's taking the 'Grealish' approach of holding play up wide and trying to drift in. All be it he's pretty useless at it. He needs to be himself on the pitch, our club lacks individuality and sparks of brilliance, Rochina was someone who was just so 'different' to the rest and it worked in this league. Dolan needs to play direct, get down the line a trick or two beat his man and worm his way into the box, something he used to do. He has the ability but is sadly too busy at the moment trying to become an Instagram influencer.

• Like 2

When he cut out the silly flicks he improved vastly. Sadly, he has reverted to the flicks which are just not coming off hence he has gone back to his former self.

No doubt he can be a player he just needs to lose the baggage he is clearly carrying and concentrate on being a footballer first and foremost.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

I seem to recall he used to be quite direct. Now he's taking the 'Grealish' approach of holding play up wide and trying to drift in. All be it he's pretty useless at it. He needs to be himself on the pitch, our club lacks individuality and sparks of brilliance, Rochina was someone who was just so 'different' to the rest and it worked in this league. Dolan needs to play direct, get down the line a trick or two beat his man and worm his way into the box, something he used to do. He has the ability but is sadly too busy at the moment trying to become an Instagram influencer.

Did what Rochina do work in this league?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Did what Rochina do work in this league?

He had a spark and you could tell he was miles ahead of the championship technically. Dolan has a spark within him but he doesn't know how to use it. I'm not saying he's too good for the league but there's a player in there somewhere, that can do some serious damage to defences in this league. 

6 hours ago, TheKitGuy said:

He had a spark and you could tell he was miles ahead of the championship technically. Dolan has a spark within him but he doesn't know how to use it. I'm not saying he's too good for the league but there's a player in there somewhere, that can do some serious damage to defences in this league. 

The thing for me, is that Dolan doesn't have a spark. When he first came to the Rovers, he had something to prove and a living to play for. Now he shows nothing.

• Like 1