BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Let's Talk Tyrhys Dolan

Dolan seems to have deactivated his twitter account. 

Something might not be right with him, and it's all fair being on this message board giving our opinions on performances etc but there's fans out there giving him mad grief on social media.

He no longer plays with a smile on his face and seems to be blocking a couple of rovers fans on tiktok or insta I think it was.

Really hope he gets his head sorted, seemed like a really good lad but this year that smile and his demeanour has changed considerably. 

• Like 1

He has to learn to take the rough with the smooth when it comes to football every player goes through sticky patches.

Social media is unforgiving but there are mute and block buttons for a reason and a lot of those giving grief are anonymous twats who give everybody stick or rival fans.

Learn to handle it, ignore it or leave it alone but don't let it melt you, get back into contention for the Chelsea game these are the type of games to come alive again.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

On 28/09/2023 at 07:58, Ossydave said:

Whilst I'm not his biggest fan on the pitch, it's worth bearing in mind he's been through some really challenging times as a young lad, losing his best friend etc. We don't know the full picture but hopefully he is back smiling soon, whatever the issue may be.

Easy to forget he's just a 21 year old lad.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A few of us have been saying his head hasn't seemed right, and he's confirmed it now: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23842990.dolan-opens-mental-struggles-blackburn-rovers/

Hopefully he's out of this funk now and his performances can improve. He's better than he's been showing, and whilst I know he has always had his detractors who will probably never rate him regardless, personally I think he can be a menace at his best.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

A few of us have been saying his head hasn't seemed right, and he's confirmed it now: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23842990.dolan-opens-mental-struggles-blackburn-rovers/

Hopefully he's out of this funk now and his performances can improve. He's better than he's been showing, and whilst I know he has always had his detractors who will probably never rate him regardless, personally I think he can be a menace at his best.

The problem being that his best is not consistant enough.

5 hours ago, rigger said:

The problem being that his best is not consistant enough.

To be fair, that's what he admits to in the article and is no doubt in part caused by his recent mental struggles.

You could class me as a detractor of Tyrhys' however his performance against QPR was very good, even if I did have a little dig at him at half time. If he continues playing for the team he will reap the benefits, I can think of a fantastic pass he played in front of Szmodics in the second half and the simple lay-off to Sigurdsson for his second.

Let's hope that kick starts his season.

• Like 1

I said in another thread the other day, but no Rovers supporter enjoys seeing one of our own players struggle.

Dolan has been well off form this season until the last couple - and those performances were rightly criticised.

But the last couple have been encouraging, QPR in particular. Lets hope he can build on that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

To be fair, that's what he admits to in the article and is no doubt in part caused by his recent mental struggles.

You could class me as a detractor of Tyrhys' however his performance against QPR was very good, even if I did have a little dig at him at half time. If he continues playing for the team he will reap the benefits, I can think of a fantastic pass he played in front of Szmodics in the second half and the simple lay-off to Sigurdsson for his second.

Let's hope that kick starts his season.

The first half lay off for Costello, which almost resulted in a Szmodics goal was as good as you'll see.

For me it's very simple. He's not a wide player. He doesn't have the pace to beat a man.

When played centrally, even given his stature the ball actually sticks to him very well. He's got a low centre of gravity so can twist and turn which helps him hold it up. His ability to press well has never been in doubt. 

As an analogy look at Illias Chair. Has consistently been one of the Championships better players for a few years now. This season his form has dropped off a cliff because Ainsworth is incompetent and has switched him from playing centrally to playing wide left. Dolan isn't in Chairs league but they do have similar qualities. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

For me it's very simple. He's not a wide player. He doesn't have the pace to beat a man.

When played centrally, even given his stature the ball actually sticks to him very well. He's got a low centre of gravity so can twist and turn which helps him hold it up. His ability to press well has never been in doubt. 

As an analogy look at Illias Chair. Has consistently been one of the Championships better players for a few years now. This season his form has dropped off a cliff because Ainsworth is incompetent and has switched him from playing centrally to playing wide left. Dolan isn't in Chairs league but they do have similar qualities. 

Yeah, he’s quick but he’s not fast. Quick = over 10 yards. Fast = over 40 yards. Good scrum half material if he ever packs football in.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1