BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Let's Talk Tyrhys Dolan

• 4 weeks later...

https://youtu.be/jnf7fCZ3rDk

Just watching the highlights, he got in to a great position to have scored and most attacking players would have put that away especially considering how desperate we are to a) score a goal b) make the play offs. 

Watching his performance recently particularly live and as he has had more starts I have been wondering what is his best position?

He isn't an out and out striker.

He isn't a traditional winger like Thomas who crosses in to the box..

Is he an attacking mf? Is he a no.10? Would he be better with an out and out striker to pass to?  Does he keep the ball too much because no one else is making the runs he requires so he ends up in a dead end?

2 poor games - he’s shit. 
2 good games - he's great. 
Half a season scoring goals - he’s worth £25m in the current market (Diaz). 
4.5 seasons being poor to average - he’s not good enough - bench him, don’t care if he leaves. 

If Dolan’s decision making was better he wouldn’t be playing for us. 

If Dolan’s work rate and effort was worse, he wouldn’t be playing for us. 

Imo he’s still developing and I haven’t written him off. Some clearly have. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, toogs said:

4.5 seasons being poor to average - he’s not good enough - bench him, don’t care if he leaves. 

I don't think anyone is writing Dolan off. The question was, where, in your opinions, is Dolans best position ? In some peoples opinions he is best coming off the bench. On your second player (Diaz), again I don't think most people are saying drop him because he isn't good enough, they are saying drop him because he is leaving our club and seems disintrested.

13 minutes ago, toogs said:

What's he 'developing' into?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toogs said:

I like this. 

Haven't written him off. Am curious on his best position. Think attacking cmf? He doesn't seem to have an eye for goal or that final shot so needs someone up top to pass to?

• 3 months later...

For those who have been sticking the boot into Dolan recently, I've just seen the highlights from yesterday.

Whilst I accept they are just that, he was responsible for winning the ball high up the pitch - with a right foot tackle - for our chance that was saved before Girona's 2nd goal, and then took in a ball from JRC perfectly in a backwards half turn - again with his right foot - and then straight away played a lovely weighted left footed pass through for Szmodics to run onto & cross to Leonard to score bravely.

He can be frustrating, but to say he has no right foot, no vision & no end product are just plain wrong.

To let him leave for nothing, or for peanuts, is a decision we'd almost certainly regret in time. Let's not be like the Nobbers eh?!

Edited by Atko's Engine
  • Like 7

22 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

For those who have been sticking the boot into Dolan recently, I've just seen the highlights from yesterday.

Whilst I accept they are just that, he was responsible for winning the ball high up the pitch - with a right foot tackle - for our chance that was saved before Girona's 2nd goal, and then took in a ball from JRC perfectly in a backwards half turn - again with his right foot - and then straight away played a lovely weighted left footed pass through for Szmodics to run onto & cross to Leonard to score bravely.

He can be frustrating, but to say he has no right foot, no vision & no end product are just plain wrong.

To let him leave for nothing, or for peanuts, is a decision we'd almost certainly regret in time. Let's not be like the Nobbers eh?!

I think most people want to keep hold of Dolan ; I think he is a bench and cup player.

• Like 3

I think Dolan is useful to have around. He is still young and will get better. 

At the present time I see him as an impact sub to close down defenders and be a nuisance factor late on. Along with Pickering, Travis and Hedges, he is more suited to lower end Championship rather than a starter in a side looking for promotion.

22 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

According to the BBC club top scorers page - he got 6 goals and 7 assists last season - so 13 goal contributions.

North End's top goal contributions were:

Evans - 10

Cannon - 9

Potts - 7

Riis - 5

Whiteman - 5

So pretty sure they'd have liked to have kept him.

We should definitely look to keep him.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Dolan's only good foot is his right foot.

Or am I looking at my TV through a mirror 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

I’ve long been a defender of Dolan as felt he’s had some unfair criticism before but patience is wearing thin now.

I’m loathe to make assumptions but going off his Instagram he’s gone from a young lad desperate to succeed in the game to someone who is loving the footballer life style.

He got the England youth call up, got a goal but since then his stock has dropped massively and if he is hesitant to sign a new deal I’d question what advice he is getting as I’d be shocked if there is a better move in the offing than what he has here 

Needs to step up now 

• Like 5