BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Let's Talk Tyrhys Dolan

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, philipl said:

Whenever I watch a Rovers game with non-Rovers supporters, it is always Dolan who catches their eye.

That rabona cross at Leicester!

Said it few weeks back when I brought a mate who had no prior knowledge to most of our squad "I imagine that Dolan lad will get snapped up by a bigger club at some stage"..has taken a keen interest in him ever since.

8 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Said it few weeks back when I brought a mate who had no prior knowledge to most of our squad "I imagine that Dolan lad will get snapped up by a bigger club at some stage"..has taken a keen interest in him ever since.

A wealthier club, perhaps. There are no bigger clubs. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, philipl said:

Whenever I watch a Rovers game with non-Rovers supporters, it is always Dolan who catches their eye.

That rabona cross at Leicester!

And the beautifully cute Assist for Pickering's goal last Saturday.

As John Keats wrote years ago, "A thing of beauty is a joy forever." (And yes, I knew the phrase; but of course, I had to google who wrote it!)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

And the beautifully cute Assist for Pickering's goal last Saturday.

As John Keats wrote years ago, "A thing of beauty is a joy forever." (And yes, I knew the phrase; but of course, I had to google who wrote it!)

That slight miss control just before the pass worked out well for him.

I don't think it necessarily was a mis-control. Possible, but I read it as setting up to take the shot. Left enough space for a slight run up to build some power, but then the defender had it blocked off and he very quickly decided to lay the pass to Pickering instead, even though he only saw him side on running behind him. Fine assist. Unlucky not to score later too, was a good effort.

Overall it wasn't actually one of his better games, some of his passing wasn't on point, but still an assist and if not for the woodwork a goal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Young lads develop at different rates. 

Tyrhys developed a hell of a lot in the six weeks from being released to being in our first team then!

We can try to be kind about it, but they dropped a massive, hilarious bollock.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would give him a new 5 year contract with no release clause in the contract 

That last part shouldn't need saying. We shouldn't ever put a release clause in for anyone unless we are pretty much forced to 

1 hour ago, SBlue said:

Tyrhys developed a hell of a lot in the six weeks from being released to being in our first team then!

We can try to be kind about it, but they dropped a massive, hilarious bollock.

Those first few matches he looked unreal, it was the back-to-back 5-0 vs Wycombe and 4-0 away at Derby. I remember Colin Murray and guests waxing lyrical about him on that Championship show.

There was a weird period over a season or so where he fell down the pecking order (don't think it was injury related, likely just Mowbray and sticking Gallagher on the wing). But there is no doubting he looked brilliant from day 1. I remember we laughing at the PNE forum at the time and they were having a meltdown over it.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

Dolan had that shock factor of a young signing from Preston that no one expected, a bundle of energy and tricks but that wasn't a consistent theme of his performances.

It is to be expected at his age and he does seem to be maturing, in the main he does less unnecessary tricks and is starting to produce more end product, that has been an ongoing development hence why he has had spells out of the team. Especially under Tomasson but before too he often features up front which doesnt suit him and it isnt a big surprise that he has been more effective out wide. His poorest game recently I thought was v Blackpool when he regularly gave the ball away loads through over elaborating but he also scored a brilliant goal. A mixture of in the main effective performances but also goals and assists whether he plays well in general or not is exactly what he needs to do and is doing. The key now is to keep playing him wide and to get him signed up long term. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rigger said:

Offer not give.

nit picking again Rigger. 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Dolan had that shock factor of a young signing from Preston that no one expected, a bundle of energy and tricks but that wasn't a consistent theme of his performances.

It is to be expected at his age and he does seem to be maturing, in the main he does less unnecessary tricks and is starting to produce more end product, that has been an ongoing development hence why he has had spells out of the team. Especially under Tomasson but before too he often features up front which doesnt suit him and it isnt a big surprise that he has been more effective out wide. His poorest game recently I thought was v Blackpool when he regularly gave the ball away loads through over elaborating but he also scored a brilliant goal. A mixture of in the main effective performances but also goals and assists whether he plays well in general or not is exactly what he needs to do and is doing. The key now is to keep playing him wide and to get him signed up long term. 

He is improving each game and producing more end product whether its goals or playing a major role in the wins. 

His's available to play in a number of different positions is bonus for JDT and the squad. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

nit picking again Rigger. 

He is improving each game and producing more end product whether its goals or playing a major role in the wins. 

His's available to play in a number of different positions is bonus for JDT and the squad. 

So you agree I am correct.