BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Let's Talk Tyrhys Dolan

4 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’d swap any and I mean any of our players for van hecke

van hecke is already a class act,id`e be offering brighton brereton,dolan and anything else they wanted to get him,he`s going right to the top and if we somehow manage to sign him he`s going to bring in a monster fee a few years down the line,hopefully brightons scouts have forgotten about him😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neophox said:

Think Khadra has all the attributes to become a very good player. He is young and already raging defences in the championship. As I said before. A swap to get Khadra and Van Hecke is a no brainer.

The article says van hecke is going to be given a go at Brighton though so that isn’t the deal being talked about here

6 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

van hecke is already a class act,id`e be offering brighton brereton,dolan and anything else they wanted to get him,he`s going right to the top and if we somehow manage to sign him he`s going to bring in a monster fee a few years down the line,hopefully brightons scouts have forgotten about him😊

Thank god you're not making the call then.

100% Brereton would go for a far bigger fee in the open market than Van Hecke. As much as I agree he looks like a very good player in the making. Giving them BBD for him would be stupid. Better to sell BBD and then spend, probably in the worst case scenario, half of the money on JPVH.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Scores in an England game and suddenly he is wanted property, journos are so predictable. In reply to the guff article however in no way would I entertain a straight swap Dolan for Khadra, I think Dolan has much more potential whereas Khadra has weaknesses to his game that he will never improve to a high level. Pace but doesn’t know how to use it 

The main reason I wouldn't entertain that swap without a decent fee added is that I suspect Khadra has the wrong attitude for the game. I see a touch of Armstrong in him. That's not to say he can't become a very good player at this level, as Arma certainly did. But of the two, the difference in attitude is why Dolan is more likely to go to the top than Khadra.

He will look to better himself every week in training, work his ass off on the pitch, and think of his teammates. He is still rough around the edges, but but they both are, and I reckon Dolan is more likely to improve on his failings, whilst Khadra seems a little too in love with himself to get there.

I'd sign Khadra on the right deal, tbf, but a straight swap for Dolan isn't it. He will also be on a much bigger wage.

6 hours ago, rigger said:

No deal is being talked about. It is all speculation.

Ehh that article is talking about a deal which I have then replied to and you have somehow added van hecke into the deal , you have jumped the gun. I don’t see us getting van hecke regardless 

• 5 months later...

I am seeing on other recent threads an increased amount of criticism being leveled at him, which I believe is mostly unwarranted. Some have even written him off completely here.

I do agree he has flaws; he overplays, makes poor decisions, flatters to deceive re his speed. He tends to shoot high, often lacks the technique to get over the ball.

All of those things are, however, coachable. He is only 20 years old. Players develop at different speeds. If he had the awareness of say Wharton, he would be infinitely better, but that can come with time & patience as he has shown an ability to learn. He is still very raw, hopefully working with JDT he can mould him and improve all those flaws. He has all the basic talent to achieve highly in this game.

He is not a CF, or a false 9,  as he has often been deployed almost out of necessity. His best position IMO is a winger, and can prob play either side. He can harass from there, beat his man but then needs to learn to improve his delivery. Hopefully having Hirst to aim for high, or Dack / Szmodics  / BBD / Wharton holding deeper, the improved options he has for an outball will improve his assist stats.

I do agree that, at this time,  he is probably better as an impact sub whilst he is learning. But he certainly is beyond needing to be loaned out IMO, or indeed released.

Edited by Atko's Engine
  • Like 8

Dolan had a number of man of match performances last season to convince regular watchers he’s got something about him.

If he was consistent every week he wouldn’t be here, he’s 21, got pace and knows where the goal is.

Give the lad time, he could end a right player. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Gav said:

Dolan had a number of man of match performances last season to convince regular watchers he’s got something about him.

If he was consistent every week he wouldn’t be here, he’s 21, got pace and knows where the goal is.

Give the lad time, he could end a right player. 

I work on the therory, This is Blackburn Rovers, if you are not consistent every week, why are you here. I pay my money consistantly, why can't you play that way ?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, rigger said:

I work on the therory, This is Blackburn Rovers, if you are not consistent every week, why are you here. I pay my money consistantly, why can't you play that way ?

Then you don’t understand football or sport in general. 

Best advice I can give you, maybe go and watch City, that’s probably the closest thing to consistent week in week out you’ll get and even then they’ll have off days, as will players individually. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Then you don’t understand football or sport in general. 

Best advice I can give you, maybe go and watch City, that’s probably the closest thing to consistent week in week out you’ll get and even then they’ll have off days, as will players individually. 

See, I do think I have a reasonable view of life in general. What I can say, is that any advice you can give to me, keep to yourself. 

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

See, I do think I have a reasonable view of life in general. What I can say, is that any advice you can give to me, keep to yourself. 

Posting is similar to sport, sometimes you’ll have good days, sometimes you’ll have bad days, I’ll let you fill in the gaps.

Dolan best player on the pitch for us today and he played 45 mins.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

Posting is similar to sport, sometimes you’ll have good days, sometimes you’ll have bad days, I’ll let you fill in the gaps.

Dolan best player on the pitch for us today and he played 45 mins.

See, I would say the best player on the pitch for us today ,was Kaminsky. Opinions Eh ! 

6 hours ago, rigger said:

We don't have a single player who is consistent EVERY week. In fact, there isn't such a player in world football. I don't expect there ever has been. Even Ronaldo and Messi have the odd off game.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

I am seeing on other recent threads an increased amount of criticism being leveled at him, which I believe is mostly unwarranted. Some have even written him off completely here.

Nearly all of them wrote off Brereton as well (check the thread). Tons of other examples. People just like to write off the young lads straight anyway, for some reason. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, imy9 said:

Scored a goal and provided an assist. Don’t know what else you expect from a forward in 45 mins.

Was it Mowbray that said some fans still think it’s 1995? 

We have one poster expecting an ‘Eddie Howe Newcastle bounce’ which only happened after spending tens of millions and that codswallop above…..

Edited by Gav

17 hours ago, rigger said:

Unfortunately we're in the second tier of football. If you want players in our price bracket that are consistent then you're stuck with the Bennetts and Evans' of the world.

23 hours ago, rigger said:

Sorry but that's completely unrealistic Rigger, way too black & white. Players are human, not robots (Haaland aside!).  They have good days when they feel & perform at their best, and bad days when nothing seems to go right, just like you & I do.

Even at the top table the same thing applies. Look no further than Rashford today, who scored 2 excellent goals after a number of dire performances. Or Pogba, or Koulibaly, or Grealish to name a few.