BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Let's Talk Tyrhys Dolan

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Dolan is a quality young player. He is scoring and assisting quite frequently if you look at his minute breakdown. Only Brereton and (surprisingly maybe) Gallagher ahead of him in terms of mins per goal involvement. 

He's quick, tricky, physical, got a knack to get into the box. As a team we've got to figure out how to make the most of him. 

On Saturday it was really striking how when he went off and we had Hedges on we offered absolutely nothing down the right.

I thought like all of our attacking players, that Dolan was totally ineffective on Saturday. His usual bundle of energy and always willing but his decision making was always wrong in the final third, summed up with a terribly executed flick on a very dangerous counter attack.

Mind you, Hedges may as well have not come on.

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I thought like all of our attacking players, that Dolan was totally ineffective on Saturday. His usual bundle of energy and always willing but his decision making was always wrong in the final third, summed up with a terribly executed flick on a very dangerous counter attack.

Mind you, Hedges may as well have not come on.

All true, but you can see if he improves his decisions he can consistently hurt teams. 

He's only 19 so has a lot of improvement in him. He will get better and better I am sure. Next season can see him growing into a top player at Championship level.

Dolan in the England U20 squad. I wonder who the last Rovers players were, excluding loanees, who got into that squad? Mahoney and Jason Lowe?

The Dolan signing is, perhaps, amongst the best value in recent times. Were he to play consistently as a winger, I'm sure he'd be developing further. 

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Dolan in the England U20 squad. I wonder who the last Rovers players were, excluding loanees, who got into that squad? Mahoney and Jason Lowe?

The Dolan signing is, perhaps, amongst the best value in recent times. Were he to play consistently as a winger, I'm sure he'd be developing further. 

He has good defensive qualities as well, he would make a decent attacking right wing-back.

Edited by rigger

On 24/03/2022 at 12:44, riverholmes said:

thats exactly where we should be playing him,let him run at full backs and back up ours,he`s got a great work ethic,he never stops running,tbh,i think he`s to small to play down the middle and not sure his tackling will hold up if you play him at wing back

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

He’s come on tonight at half time vs Germany and just scored Englands third goal 

Good news, happy for the lad. Just hope he isn't a bit tired from his exertions and travel for the upcoming game.

33 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

He doesn't know the meaning of the word tired

He has a fantastic work ethic and engine, for sure, but nobody is immune to wear and tear, and he has had injuries before. Even if it knocks half a yard off his pace that can affect a game.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Good news, happy for the lad. Just hope he isn't a bit tired from his exertions and travel for the upcoming game.

To be fair he only played half a game today - in Colchester 

Imagine he’ll be sharper than the lads who’ve been on holiday 

25 minutes ago, Tom said:

To be fair he only played half a game today - in Colchester 

Imagine he’ll be sharper than the lads who’ve been on holiday 

I'm sure they've all been training like true professionals in the break, what with our highly focused task master of a manag- oh wait.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 47er said:

At least he's not out of contract at the end of the season! I'm sure he won't be leaving this early in his career (I think!)

If we were offered Van Hecke and Khadra in a good deal, it would be a tough decision. I’d be upset to see him leave, I love seeing his positivity and he seems like such a fantastic lad too. I wonder what his feelings would be on a possible move. Free agent to the PL in a few seasons would be crazy, but I get the impression he likes it here and most likely appreciates us giving him a chance after being released from Nob End. 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

If we were offered Van Hecke and Khadra in a good deal, it would be a tough decision. I’d be upset to see him leave, I love seeing his positivity and he seems like such a fantastic lad too. I wonder what his feelings would be on a possible move. Free agent to the PL in a few seasons would be crazy, but I get the impression he likes it here and most likely appreciates us giving him a chance after being released from Nob End. 

If we are offered Van Hecke as a swap I would snap their hands off.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

Scores in an England game and suddenly he is wanted property, journos are so predictable. In reply to the guff article however in no way would I entertain a straight swap Dolan for Khadra, I think Dolan has much more potential whereas Khadra has weaknesses to his game that he will never improve to a high level. Pace but doesn’t know how to use it 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Scores in an England game and suddenly he is wanted property, journos are so predictable. In reply to the guff article however in no way would I entertain a straight swap Dolan for Khadra, I think Dolan has much more potential whereas Khadra has weaknesses to his game that he will never improve to a high level. Pace but doesn’t know how to use it 

Think Khadra has all the attributes to become a very good player. He is young and already raging defences in the championship. As I said before. A swap to get Khadra and Van Hecke is a no brainer.

• Like 1