BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Let's Talk Tyrhys Dolan

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

It's a game of opinions right?

I think Dolan yesterday showed a more complete performance yesterday than I've ever seen Armstrong have regardless of goals. 

100% of course. I just would personally suggest that for a striker, a hat trick and getting an opponent sent off would be more of a complete performance than Dolan yesterday, who was full of life, a pest, full of energy, although did little productive at the end of it, as good as he was.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

It's a game of opinions right?

I think Dolan yesterday showed a more complete performance yesterday than I've ever seen Armstrong have regardless of goals. 

I think I agree, not a coincidence how teams struggled to play against us at the beginning of the season, when Dolan was starting games. His out of possession play is absolutely excellent, and I think he pushed Brereton on, as Brereton was doing the same, and defences just couldn’t cope with the both of them, and 9 times out of 10, Arma was their to sweep up after excellent work by Dolan and Brereton.

• Like 2

Dolan isnt a striker, but he played very well yesterday. Would a Dolan bag 20 goals from that position, do not think so.

On the other hand, i do see the side of the story that AA is a bit too selfish. Dolan did show that he could involve the team more and was very smart in his play. AA is a decent finisher with pace, but most of the time it is with tunnel vision. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

What a cracking attitude to the game he has.

I can only compare him Chapman, a lad with plenty of skill, but a really poor attitude and looking at him, a poor professional too.

He should take a long hard look at what Dolan is making of his career before he ends up out of the game completely.

• Like 3

I wish i was as mature as this lad at that age,i wont go into details but it would have changed my life. Love the kid and you have to remember he was rejected by PNE, so it must be amazing to be a first team regular for us. Also loved his graft for that goal, BB is slagging off Buckly but gets a goal on a plate thanks ito this guy,.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

I wish i was as mature as this lad at that age,i wont go into details but it would have changed my life. Love the kid and you have to remember he was rejected by PNE, so it must be amazing to be a first team regular for us. Also loved his graft for that goal, BB is slagging off Buckly but gets a goal on a plate thanks ito this guy,.

Who is slagging off Buckley?

6 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

TBF, I'm expecting us to not bother trying to tie him down to a new contract and leaving it to the last minute to try.

We have him until summer 2025 if we activate our option, so we are a way off that problem yet. But definitely could happen...

Personally I'd have made it another year longer when we signed him up, while his wages are nice and cheap.

Brereton is quite rightly getting all the plaudits for his goal scoring.

Dolan though is one player who puts a smile on my face. He might be lacking a bit occasionally, but his work rate, energy and attitude are infectious. You can excuse players for a lot of things when they work like he does.

• Like 8

Dolan would have gone anyway even if we'd offered him a deal, but letting him go just sums up what we've become as a football club in the last 2-3 years. The owners are continuing to put in large amounts of money just to keep us afloat, and they aren't getting good value for money. You can't have a football club losing 5-10 million pounds a year giving away talents like Dolan for nothing. Dolan will be worth millions in the future especially if he gets England U21 recognition soon.

We used to be a club that brought on younger players like Dolan but now the money seems to go on older journeymen or mediocre lower league signings who won't be worth a penny in re-sale value in the future, whilst, as mentioned above, the club continues to operate at a huge loss.

Edited by north_ender
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 04/12/2021 at 01:12, north_ender said:

We used to be a club that brought on younger players like Dolan 

There needs to be some belief in them...you've got Baxter, Walker, Rodwell and Coulton who should all develop onto the first team..

Your new manager ruled out playing anyone who hasn't got championship experience when he arrived so that's another manager with a problem with playing kids...

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Score a friggin goal!

That will entertain me, not stationary stepover tarting about.

Very good player is Dolan, the sky's the limit for him. Got plenty of time to work on his weaknesses.

Not been as excited about a new young talent for years. Love the way he threads that ball through, Duggiesque!

If only he had decent strikers ahead of him.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 47er said:

Very good player is Dolan, the sky's the limit for him. Got plenty of time to work on his weaknesses.

Not been as excited about a new young talent for years. Love the way he threads that ball through, Duggiesque!

If only he had decent strikers ahead of him.

The sort of player that gets you off your seat, a player you'd pay the admission fee alone to watch.

He still has plenty to learn as you say 47er, but he's an exciting talent for sure.